can a BMW automatic trans make it?

47 minutes ago, Team Infiniti said:

Sure, why not, syn fluid, step up line pressure, increase cooling....Honestly, only on way to find out 😉

You guys have been doing this for a long time and I have a lot of respect for your team. Are you able to run an automatic with just Motul fluid or does it take a different torque converter?

Edited by Aquafi Racing

I dont know the engine codes, but An old team of mine ran an e30 with auto trans at buttonwillow in lemons in 114 f for 2 days no problem, no extra cooling on trans, all oem.  Car and trans ran like a watch the whole time...  I was shocked, but impressed.

We finished ~14 out of around 85 that got on track, completed the race with a running car, so we were moving along, but lemons was young back then.

Just like "can we over heat these stock brakes", this question has a lot more to do with the drivers than a simple yes no can answer.  If you are a new team, build it and drive it and have fun, then upgrade cooling as you get faster...

Also, just a cool memory, there is a button under the throttle pedal that will command a gear kickdown, that takes an extra little stab of the foot.  So you can cruise at full throttle, but really step on it and it acts like a built in "push to pass", which was soooo much fun...

4 hours ago, Aquafi Racing said:

You guys have been doing this for a long time and I have a lot of respect for your team. Are you able to run an automatic with just Motul fluid or does it take a different torque converter?

Stock convertor, amalie fluid, increase line pressure.