• Technical Advisory Committee

Will any state issue me a car title via mail or internet if I have a bill of sale from a dealership (that went out of business) but no title? I am struggling to get a title in Illinois and thought it might be easier to get this from another state. 

Thanks, 

Andrew 

44 minutes ago, Crank Yankers Racing said:

This is a tough one. I am unsure of th laws with dealerships. Here in Ohio the previous owner has to apply for a lost title. 

I was told to call the Secretary of state police to resolve this at the DMV, but I did not get far with them either. That is why I was hoping some state had a very different process than IL. 

52 minutes ago, bbaker480 said:

I just might have to look into this for my pit bike... I was gifted a sweet 1970's Suzuki RV90 when I was about 6, I don't have a clue where the title went at this point.

Because of the low displacement Vermont will title it for you iirc from reading their rules.

10 hours ago, red0 said:

Because of the low displacement Vermont will title it for you iirc from reading their rules.

Even with the planned swap it will still be under 300cc so I should be good to go. The real issue is going to be finding DOT approved tires for this thing.