Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Mopar 4 Life

9 years and 52 events M4L neon RIP

Recommended Posts

So after 9 years and 52 race weekends our little neon has finally met its end. It had a incident at Daytona and has exposed major structural damage due to metal fatigue. 

 

Its one of the original cars from the first year in chump, and has been through many changes but always managed to be near the top. We are going to strip it of the good stuff and get something back together over the summer while we have a break between races. 

 

Wow, 52 events! And 39 overall podiums in USA and Canada.

 

chump car hall of fame nominee?

 

54F846C7-6BB9-4B2A-892B-2962FF77932F.jpeg

A4391002-C976-4255-A033-9C7EE603355F.jpeg

73883334-A149-4D41-822D-069EA36F516F.png

B41DB3AE-B26C-4981-AF7D-EB9E68AA6D9A.png

  • Like 14
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hall of fame for sure, that car has probably earned it's weight in trophies!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

crap, it was always fun racing that car.  What are you bringing to the Glen?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wow, can we get pics of the damage?    i'm more curious so we can start inspecting our cars for any issues.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jer said:

crap, it was always fun racing that car.  What are you bringing to the Glen?

 

Just ourselves to the bar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No Doom Cruiser?

 

Sad to hear. I always enjoyed those last lap battles you guys had with the other teams. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, engsr said:

No Doom Cruiser?

 

Sad to hear. I always enjoyed those last lap battles you guys had with the other teams. 

Doom cruiser to mosport

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MoparBoyy said:

wow, can we get pics of the damage?    i'm more curious so we can start inspecting our cars for any issues.

 

Its not any kind of damage you can really prepare yourself for. Almost every spot weld around the front suspension has spider web cracks forming and as well where the k frame bolts too. Rear suspension arm carrier as well. 

 

In a a perfect world when we built this in 2009 we would of had a better cage to brace more of these points. But it was our first cage and we kept running with it. It has seen over 100,000 race miles plus the amount it seen on the street. So it has not had a easy life.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shoot! Our condolences. 

 

Oh man, doom cruiser with full atention of the mopar team... a few tears of shame are going to be shed on June 29th....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my memory the car was dead nuts reliable for a longggggg time, but started behaving erratically towards the end of it's life...just like humans..still sad to see it go.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Jer said:

In my memory the car was dead nuts reliable for a longggggg time, but started behaving erratically towards the end of it's life...just like humans..still sad to see it go.  

 

Lol, it finished 2nd, and 4th at its last race at barber. As well it podiumed it’s three previous races before that too.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mopar 4 Life said:

 

Its not any kind of damage you can really prepare yourself for. Almost every spot weld around the front suspension has spider web cracks forming and as well where the k frame bolts too. Rear suspension arm carrier as well. 

 

In a a perfect world when we built this in 2009 we would of had a better cage to brace more of these points. But it was our first cage and we kept running with it. It has seen over 100,000 race miles plus the amount it seen on the street. So it has not had a easy life.

can't be any worse than this, and we fixed it, Had to re-weld A LOT of the spots, actually we just welded everything to include the K-Frame to the body. 

WP_20140621_010.jpg

WP_20140621_013.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Car was fast as shit at Barber.  I'll pour some out for my dead homies tonight.  #HOFinductee2018

 

tenor.gif?itemid=5359107

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well...  First round of car bombs at Seneca Lodge is on GMS...

 

RIP cheaty azz Neon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holy shit I'm sorry for your lose . Where can I send flowers and a card?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats on all those podium finishes!

 

100,000 race miles, WOW!  Thats like 700,000 street miles in dog years...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wow, crazy. The car had a good run! We could never compete with our subaru in terms of speed & endurance.

 

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, wvumtnbkr said:

Well...  First round of car bombs at Seneca Lodge is on GMS...

 

RIP cheaty azz Neon.

Thank you for that....

C8EF419B-DAE9-4687-89D5-9EB0255AF45F.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had the honor of driving this beast around Mosport and Calabogie. I even have some hardware won from it on my desk. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry to see it go, another Neon on the horizon?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/10/2018 at 6:58 PM, Ron_e said:

Sorry to see it go, another Neon on the horizon?

Yes, sir. Until then doom cruiser is doing the next couple of races.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×