Official 2018 Rocky Mountain 24 at Utah Motorsport Campus

Bill Strong

• Administrators

2018-Header-Utah.png

Supplemental Rules
https://champcar.org/register/supplementalrules/361.pdf

updates made to the supps. please redownload 

Garages – 24 available behind pit road, $100 per day. 20 Available in the paddock, $50 per day. Reserve through track here – http://www.utahmotorsportscampus.com/more/reservations.html
Electric – $55per day for RV power. No power on pit road.
Lighting – lights in paddock and garages. Minimal on track.
Children – not allowed on pit road.
Camping – RV spots available, power $55 per day.
BBQs – in paddock only. Enclosed grills only, no open fires.
Bathrooms/Showers – Yes
Concessions – No
Fuel – credit card pumps on site, 93 octane.

My friends who do track days there tell me there is power in the pit lane. But I am not 100% certain it will be working. So plan ahead. - Bill Strong

Live track webcams - https://www.utahmotorsportscampus.com/on-track/live-cameras.html

Entries for The Rocky Mountain 24

updated July 19, 2018

Team Name Car # Year Make Model
1.   3 Under Par Racing 212 1987 BMW 325
2.   Alchemy Autosport 30 1993 Mazda Miata
3.   Alchemy Racers 813 1984 BMW 318i
4.   Answer is Always Miata 701 1997 Mazda Miata
5.   Bandits 7 1979 Pontiac Trans Am
6.   Bucket List Brigade 700 1986 BMW 325e
7.   Farce India 10 1991 Nissan 240sx
8.   Grandpa Bill 273 2000 Ford Crown Victoria
9.   Gussak Racing - white men out of place 901 1995 Mazda Miata
10.   Maximum Effort Racing 94 2001 Infiniti I30
11.   MPACT Motorsports 131 1993 BMW 325i
12.   Racing Strong Motorsports 79 1991 Toyota MR2 GTv6
13.   rbankracing.com 90 1999 Saab 9-3
14.   Roto Plooker 37 1990 Mazda RX7
15.   Rusty Rotors 27 1980 VW Rabbit
16.   Son of Andre 160 1989 Ford Mustang
17.   Steel is Cheaper Than Engineering 111 1987 Toyota FX16
18.   Tachophobic Racing 53 1993 Ford Mustang Cobra
19.   The Renegades 76 1991 Mazda Miata
20.   Utah Valley University 12 1990 Mazda Miata
21.   Vermont Bert One 241 1990 Nissan 240SX
22.   Visceral Racing Group 918 1987 Porsche 944
23.   Volatile RAM 801 1988 Toyota Supercharged MR2
24.   Wilwood 119 1999 Mazda Miata

Screen Shot 2018-07-19 at 12.55.08 PM.png

I got very little sleep at our 1st 24-hour event of 2018 a few weeks ago and I expect to get even less at this one.  Hopefully, you can do better.  We are excited to visit Utah Motorsports Campus for the first time ever and are looking forward to the competition you teams will bring!  Read below to get some information to help your weekend go a little smoother. 

Gates - Gates open at 8am on Friday.

Paddock - There is plenty of space in the UMC paddock.  There is power available for rent and you can contact UMC directly to reserve and pay for this - 435-277-RACE.  While there are only 24 teams attending, try not to take up four spots for your 1 car.

Camping - RV spots with power are available to rent from UMC.  Contact them directly to reserve and pay - 435-277-RACE.

Tech - If you have not had your 2018 annual tech yet, bring your car through the 1st bay in the East garage when you arrive.  Bring all your paperwork filled out.  Make sure you have read the rules.  Swap cars with no paperwork will likely be put in EC.  

Registration - 
Make sure you tech first, then bring your yellow logbook and tech sheet signed by us directly to registration.  Before you arrive, log in and check your driver roster for accuracy.  Make any corrections ahead of time.  If you are fully paid with the correct drivers, check-in is a 3-minute process.  If you are not coming (work issue, car issue, etc), email me to let me know you will not be there.

Novice School - 5pm Friday, location TBD.

Pit Assignments - Here are your pit assignments.  There was only one buddy request and two requests to be in front of a garage.  If you would like to be with someone or in front of your garage, I'll take change requests until Sunday night the 21st.

Garage Assignments - These are being handled by UMC directly.  Didn't know you could rent a garage?  Call UMC and ask to get one here - 435-277-RACE.   

Finally - We are racing on the full course at UMC.  That is 4.5 miles of asphalt.  As most of you know, as the hours pile up, so do the failures.  Not to mention the dark!  Because of attrition and darkness, I wanted to offer up an option to all drivers/teams - if everyone agreed, we can shorten the course at night. You can chat about this with your teammates on the drive to UMC next week.  I'll ask everyone in the drivers meeting, but everyone would have to agree to make the change or we stick with running the course as advertised.   

A reminder: read through and print out the Supplemental Rules for this event here.

If you have any questions about registration, please contact Laura Orourke here.  Any other questions you can contact me here.

We're looking forward to seeing you all in Utah!

The ChampCar Staff   

We just signed up to make the entrant list 8 teams.  I know there are a bunch of teams that are planning on attending that havent signed up.  The more teams that register, the more teams will be inclined to sign up for the race that may have been unsure...  We need to get 30+ for this race on a ~4.5 mile long track!  What about mid-west teams? 

• Like 1

• Administrators

We will have the usual 24h equipment in place, DOT signage to let you know when your wheel has fallen off, or when it's time for ice cream breaks, or for the ever popular Silver Alert.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bill Strong said:

We will have the usual 24h equipment in place, DOT signage to let you know when your wheel has fallen off, or when it's time for ice cream breaks, or for the ever popular Silver Alert.

Silver alert?

• 2 weeks later...

Come on guy's, sign up for this event. We really want to do another 24, but the thought of towing 22 plus hour,s plus a hour and a half ferry crossing, plus USA/Canadian border crossing to drive around with a dozen cars does'nt make a bunch of sense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SIGN UP, IT'S A 24 HOUR, It's like this weekend's LeMans, only better because you'll be in it, instead of streaming it on a computer!!

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Ron_e said:

Some teams are planning hitting the three 24's so there should more signed up after Nelson Ledges after their car survives.

WOW!!!  Anyone that can do all three of those races should get some sort of award.

72 hours of racing and probably close to that in towing....

Edited by Racer28173

1 minute ago, Alchemy Autosport said:

The west is finicky, when the entry list is low, teams get nervous and dont sign up bc in the past races have been cancelled, but that doesnt happen anymore.  When the list is bigger, more and more teams feel comfy signing up.  Soooooooooo, SIGN UP!!!!

^This × a bazillion. Sign up!!!!

• Like 2

• Administrators

We had a choice. 

My family is going to the beach for two weeks. I had to leave mid-way to do this race for ChampCar.live.
But since we have an issue with people being afraid of entering because of the low car count, we have the track paid for. It is going on. so what the hell. I asked my son Ian about racing the Opel GT for 24 hours. He was not happy about it. But said, if we race the MR2 he would. So a few phone calls for drivers and boom, my wife is fracking pissed at me, but guess what. The GTv6 MR2 will do its last race at Utah. No LSD so the trans should last. Hubs are new. Paint looks like shit. But the engine runs true and fast. 2-hour stints are doable.

also, just got off the phone with another team that will bring a car. needs drivers.
We have a Southeast arrive and drive team that can provide a well prepped, fast, E46.
Contact Mike Chisek for more info

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1