Bill Strong

Official 2018 Lifeline 24-Hour Classic at Virginia International Raceway

1 hour ago, mindspin311 said:

Anyone need a driver? My rental team had to withdraw.

Damn, sorry to hear. 

5 hours ago, Drvred said:

Are the workers invited to the BBQ?

Of course! All are invited until the food or beer runs out

3 hours ago, mindspin311 said:

Anyone need a driver? My rental team had to withdraw.

We have a single 1 hour stint for sale 

On 8/4/2018 at 1:19 PM, PatrickMcHugh said:

I want to take a minute to remind you all to show up to the 2nd annual "Racebar Feeds Everyone and Gives Out Beer and Margaritas" party Friday night, the pulled pork will be smoking all day so just follow the plumes of smoke and the trail of stray solo cups blowing through the paddock like tumbleweeds.  Be there or be square, dinner starts a little after 6pm!

What kind of generic "guest beer" do you guys serve up? Tell me what you want and I will bring a 12-pack to donate courtesy of team Lead Sled/Cage Gage Camaro. If you are feeding everyone, then that is the least we can do. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 8/3/2018 at 10:33 AM, Team Infiniti said:

If  ride were available I was stewing on the "will wrench for stint" idea, a way to take my mind off Jake leaving us exactly one year ago on the 11th

Dad and I will be heading up probably Friday and heading home at the end pretty quick(you know, cause work) if you wanna meet at the I-75 exit again... :D

On 8/3/2018 at 3:56 PM, Jab31169 said:

Had to go look it up, Steaks on the Sqaure

Ate there about 3 years ago....  is good...

• Like 3

There are a few placed throughout back on the pit fence.  Bring extension cords for sure

Edited by Jab31169

Just checked the pit assignments and looks like were sharing stall 40 with WUDU Racing.  I read earlier in the thread that if floods pretty bad at that end of the pit in heavy rain.  How bad we talkin?  Is a raft required?

23 hours ago, Jim said:

Of course! All are invited until the food or beer runs out

We have a single 1 hour stint for sale 

Oh? How much and what time?

I'm currently scheduled to drive 4PM to 6PM and 4AM to 6AM in an orange Honda Prelude.

29 minutes ago, Clapped Out Racing said:

Just checked the pit assignments and looks like were sharing stall 40 with WUDU Racing.  I read earlier in the thread that if floods pretty bad at that end of the pit in heavy rain.  How bad we talkin?  Is a raft required?

Unknown, we are going to try and find pallets or something to put down. Bringing my duck boots for sure. Keep powered stuff up high. Looking forward to pitting with you guys

Edited by Jab31169

We were down at the far (pit-in) end last year, flooding was not that bad but a few puddles form up against the garage building right at the end. Keep your cords off the ground and bring extra socks and you should be ok.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rapido said:

We were down at the far (pit-in) end last year, flooding was not that bad but a few puddles form up against the garage building right at the end. Keep your cords off the ground and bring extra socks and you should be ok.

What did you guys do to piss off the Champ staff to get stuck with us in the pits :lol:

We can hook up Fri afternoon and figure out layout, any resource sharing, etc. We are flexible. Mi casa es su casa. 

33 minutes ago, Jab31169 said:

Unknown, we are going to try and find pallets or something to put down. Bringing my duck boots for sure. Keep powered stuff up high. Looking forward to pitting with you guys

See ya there!

16 minutes ago, pintodave said:

What did you guys do to piss off the Champ staff to get stuck with us in the pits :lol:

We can hook up Fri afternoon and figure out layout, any resource sharing, etc. We are flexible. Mi casa es su casa. 

Other than not finish events, we have been excellent Champers 😎

Were glad to help out with anything we can, but we like to come seriously under prepared sooooo...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Justin9 said:

Dad and I will be heading up probably Friday and heading home at the end pretty quick(you know, cause work) if you wanna meet at the I-75 exit again... :D

IF and that is a big if, I do this I would need to meet you somewhere I could abandon my car in favor of yours, you said about 15 from the hwy @  that i-75 exit?

Need to bring a sign to advertise "Mechanic will wrench for stint"

Edited by Team Infiniti

30 minutes ago, Clapped Out Racing said:

Were glad to help out with anything we can, but we like to come seriously under prepared sooooo... 

I realize this isn't what you are referring to but it reminds me of our last VIR 24.  We set our pop up in place the night before, the next morning we set up what few items we could in the middle of a monsoon and left for a few minutes.  When we came back, there were three or four guys standing under our one little pop up which didn't leave room for us.  We asked who they were and they were our pit stall mates.  We said, so do you guys have a pop up?  They didn't even have an umbrella.  One of our less sympathetic team members said hey you guys gotta go so we have room to get out of the rain.  They had to stand out in the rain for start of the race, luckily one of their team members was able to score a pop up somewhere later that morning.  Point is, teams need to figure on rain and make the necessary accommodations for such.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Burningham said:

I realize this isn't what you are referring to but it reminds me of our last VIR 24.  We set our pop up in place the night before, the next morning we set up what few items we could in the middle of a monsoon and left for a few minutes.  When we came back, there were three or four guys standing under our one little pop up which didn't leave room for us.  We asked who they were and they were our pit stall mates.  We said, so do you guys have a pop up?  They didn't even have an umbrella.  One of our less sympathetic team members said hey you guys gotta go so we have room to get out of the rain.  They had to stand out in the rain for start of the race, luckily one of their team members was able to score a pop up somewhere later that morning.  Point is, teams need to figure on rain and make the necessary accommodations for such.

We should at least have pop up! and maybe a chair or two if Im lucky

@pintodave sounds good, looking forward to meeting up! We're bringing a large team and will be arriving throughout Friday afternoon - grab anyone in an HJ shirt and we'll work out the details.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Burningham said:

+1 to this...This happened to us at a race.  The team brought nothing,  Walked in an hour before the race.  Didn't ask to use our shelves, moved our stuff around.  They didn't even introduce themselves...Wasn't sad to see them go before the end of the race.  And of course, they didn't thank us...  They Mama's didn't raise them right...

• Like 5

Shouldn’t need to say this, but since teams will be tripled up in the pits:

If all of the space along the wall has been taken in the stall and the third team is basically set up ten feet from the wall, the two teams that got the good real estate need to expect the third to have gas jugs etc in their areas at least every two hours.  Was amazed at a race 2 years ago when a team got annoyed at us for “cutting through their area” to get to our car. 

Edited by Racer28173
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Clapped Out Racing said:

We should at least have pop up! and maybe a chair or two if Im lucky

Lets hope so, we aint got room for no freeloaders and we dont share well  (FYI Green means sarcasm)

freeloaders.jpg

Edited by Jab31169

28 minutes ago, Racer28173 said:

Shouldn’t need to say this, but since teams will be tripled up in the pits:

If all of the space along the wall has been taken in the stall and the third team is basically set up ten feet from the wall, the two teams that got the good real estate need to expect the third to have gas jugs etc in their areas at least every two hours.  Was amazed at a race 2 years ago when a team got annoyed at us for “cutting through their area” to get to our car. 

Well you can request sharing with your favorite teams and consolidate resources.... not sayin', jes sayin'.... 

1 hour ago, Quicker10u said:

+1 to this...This happened to us at a race.  The team brought nothing,  Walked in an hour before the race.  Didn't ask to use our shelves, moved our stuff around.  They didn't even introduce themselves...Wasn't sad to see them go before the end of the race.  And of course, they didn't thank us...  They Mama's didn't raise them right...

Hey, we aren't that bad!  LOL.  are you talking about Daytona?  yeah those guys literally had nothing and never spoke to any of us.  

Looks like Mike has us together again, and SpedSource.  I dont remember there being enough room for 3 teams in a stall.

• Like 1