Official 2018 Lifeline 24-Hour Classic at Virginia International Raceway

Bill Strong

• Technical Advisory Committee
39 minutes ago, Huggy said:

Friday is a Club day.   Already been warned by the powers that be that its gonna be strict.  Hoping to get around it, we will see. Want @Burningham to get some seat time

Image result for ricky bobby i wanna go fast gif

Although in reality, it's more like

image.jpeg.f645713619e0fef13407c0518ccf4948.jpeg

Edited by Burningham
  • Like 1

On 7/23/2018 at 11:50 AM, Jab31169 said:

Watched video from VIR last year during the 2-4am rain stint, gave the finger to the tv every time @Wyatt lapped us in the huggins machine.  

Awww, I'll be sure to look for that this year!

• Haha 1

On 7/24/2018 at 8:40 AM, Huggy said:

Friday is a Club day.   Already been warned by the powers that be that its gonna be strict.  Hoping to get around it, we will see. Want @Burningham to get some seat time

How does one get a car on track for this club day?

17 minutes ago, mindspin311 said:

Gotta know the secret handshake.  And I think the hazing involves live animals, but thats just whispers in the paddock. 

Edit: in other words I have no idea. 

Edited by Burningham
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mindspin311 said:

Join VIR club

last year they were inundated with requests from chump teams, I imagine the same will happen this year.  Something about it not being fair to members to clog up the track day?   Because of that, basically everyone was told no.  

I dunno, I think VIR could have made a fair amount of money by reserving Friday as a chump test day payable to them.

On 7/26/2018 at 10:10 AM, DEE DEE said:

There were 2 ChampCar teams last year on track Friday.

There are at least 2 champcar teams in VIR-c

Car is close to ready finally.  Got the tune straightened out.  ABS sensor is bad on LR, Defrost not wired up yet, Wipers not installed, and PTT button not installed.

Worst issue is the front main on the transmission is leaking, and its grinding into third.  After testing tomorrow, I gotta replace the trans with another one from my fleet.

Looking forward to this one, my mountain of work is getting close to complete.

• Like 2

Quick question about Tech. We will be at VIR and it will be our second race this year. We have only done 1 ayear . We raced at Charlotte this year and have our gear and car tech stickers.

Do we still have to put the car thru tech, or just take the log book up?   I know we don't for the gear

5 minutes ago, 09Gt said:

Quick question about Tech. We will be at VIR and it will be our second race this year. We have only done 1 ayear . We raced at Charlotte this year and have our gear and car tech stickers.

Do we still have to put the car thru tech, or just take the log book up?   I know we don't for the gear

If no changes to the car, just take the log book to registration.

On 7/27/2018 at 5:52 PM, Lethal Cliff said:

Are you running both cars?  

No, I have nowhere near the logistical fortitude to try and manage two cars in a 24 hour race.