Jump to content

CHAMPCAR @ Pocono


Recommended Posts

Would you support a race at Pocono ?  

1 day 12 hr event ?

2 day  7 hrs each day ?

The configuration could be determined by number of entries OR  if it is a 1 day or 2 day event.

 

The Pocono area is a great vacation spot with unlimited things to do and places to stay.   Make the wife & girlfriend happy & kids, close to interstates.

 

Just a thought of why we haven't been there.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, DEE DEE said:

Would you support a race at Pocono ?  

1 day 12 hr event ?

2 day  7 hrs each day ?

The configuration could be determined by number of entries OR  if it is a 1 day or 2 day event.

 

The Pocono area is a great vacation spot with unlimited things to do and places to stay.   Make the wife & girlfriend happy & kids, close to interstates.

 

Just a thought of why we haven't been there.

 

 

I did a trackday there last year, on one of the configurations that used Turn 1... the 14 degree one.

 

Holy hell that was exhilarating.  100% would race, if that corner is in there ;-)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Gearhead_42 said:

 

I did a trackday there last year, on one of the configurations that used Turn 1... the 14 degree one.

 

Holy hell that was exhilarating.  100% would race, if that corner is in there ;-)

You are right.  Turn 1 is awesome  and we would run it in the  opposite direction than nascar & Indy car does.  It really grabs your attention.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/4/2018 at 12:14 PM, DEE DEE said:

Would you support a race at Pocono ?  

1 day 12 hr event ?

2 day  7 hrs each day ?

The configuration could be determined by number of entries OR  if it is a 1 day or 2 day event.

 

The Pocono area is a great vacation spot with unlimited things to do and places to stay.   Make the wife & girlfriend happy & kids, close to interstates.

 

Just a thought of why we haven't been there.

 

So you seem like you are a bit of an "old timer" like myself.  Back in the late 80s / early 90s when I was there for SCCA races, we did T1 in the same direction as the NASCAR guys.  Is that configuration gone now?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Racer28173 said:

So you seem like you are a bit of an "old timer" like myself.  Back in the late 80s / early 90s when I was there for SCCA races, we did T1 in the same direction as the NASCAR guys.  Is that configuration gone now?

 

They repaved/refreshed all the infield section in 2013? I think, with curbing set up to run either way... I *think* the 2.5x mile roadcourse config is preferred" to run clockwise, which puts pit out at the end of the straightaway right before you enter the infield again. 

Otherwise you'd be trying to enter Turn 1 from a dead stop at the end of pit row... not impossible but I'd be entering T1 at somewhere north of 130 off the pit straight if we ran it that way... not sure I'd want to come up on somebody in too much of a rush to get up the banking...

Edited by Gearhead_42
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...