Looking for Window Net for E30

1 hour ago, ahunt032 said:

Morning Everyone!  We need a window net for our E30.  Our current one has expired.   Just wondering if anyone has one or has recommendations on where to get an affordable one that will be SFI rated. Thanks!

I purchased this a couple weeks ago for our e30. I find that most angled window nets aren't angled enough.. this one is more angled and wider than all the others I found so it covers more of the window opening.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RACERDIRECT-SFI-27-1-OBLONG-RIBBON-SAFETY-WINDOW-NET-23X18X32X20-BLACK/282811890871?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

(they have other colours too)

Edited by enginerd

• Technical Advisory Committee

Edit:  erased my post since the wheeler found what I was looking for. 

@thewheelerZ was going to post another pic of the focus like my avatar pic again - just so you could search for the B pillar! 

I used a 10 inch axle strap from tractor supply Co. but it has a fixed length so you need to make sure the lower bracket is exactly where it needs to be. These adjustable straps are the cats meow but were not available a few years back when I did mine

Edited by mcoppola
  • Like 1

We just got a new window net and discovered that it blocks our view of the left-hand mirror (replaced a "square" net with one shaped like the one shown above).  Make sure you check mirror visibility from all seat positions as part of your installation process so you don't get a surprise at the track

• Technical Advisory Committee
2 hours ago, Huggy said:

Hmm, thats what I am looking for, but I only need 1 strap.

I agree. No idea why they don't just sell 1 or 2 straps separate. 

But for $24, you have enough for 3-6 cars. I'd say that's a good price, and cheap enough even if you only use 1 or 2 of them 

Edited by mcoppola

On 6/11/2018 at 12:52 PM, enginerd said:

I purchased this a couple weeks ago for our e30. I find that most angled window nets aren't angled enough.. this one is more angled and wider than all the others I found so it covers more of the window opening.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RACERDIRECT-SFI-27-1-OBLONG-RIBBON-SAFETY-WINDOW-NET-23X18X32X20-BLACK/282811890871?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

(they have other colours too)

Have you installed this yet? Any issues with mirror visibility?

The old net that came in our car was 18" tall by 20" wide. It leaves a gap towards the front of the car which is great for viewing the mirror, not so great for tech inspection potentially!

16 minutes ago, Vitamin-E Racing said:

Have you installed this yet? Any issues with mirror visibility?

The old net that came in our car was 18" tall by 20" wide. It leaves a gap towards the front of the car which is great for viewing the mirror, not so great for tech inspection potentially!

Installed, no issues with visibility. BUUUUT, our door bars are wide NASCAR-style, so it pulls the net away, and our mirror is narrow and mounted closer than the stock mirror.

• Like 1

On 6/11/2018 at 1:48 PM, Racer28173 said:

We just got a new window net and discovered that it blocks our view of the left-hand mirror (replaced a "square" net with one shaped like the one shown above).  Make sure you check mirror visibility from all seat positions as part of your installation process so you don't get a surprise at the track

Just make sure the front edge is even or forward of the steering wheel.

The intent is to keep your hands and arm in the car!

On 6/13/2018 at 12:26 PM, Mopar 63 said:

Just make sure the front edge is even or forward of the steering wheel.

The intent is to keep your hands and arm in the car!

Absolutely - thanks!

On 6/13/2018 at 12:42 PM, Racer28173 said:

Depending upon your wheel and seat position, you may not have a choice on what you do with the left side mirror. You might have to ditch the OEM and go with a cage mounted mirror like @enginerd 

I think you're right, our position puts us pretty much in line with the A-pillar. We do have a cage-mounted interior mirror the width of the windshield so that should suffice...