New source for Hankook Ventus R-S4's in SE Michigan

• Technical Advisory Committee

My son works at an industrial truck tire repair/store near South Lyon, MI.

I asked him and the owner if they could get me some 245/40/15 R-S4's for any less than buying them from Tire Rack.

The price was slightly less than TR's, but as a tire outlet, they can get them from a wholesale supplier without paying shipping on them. 

We WOULD need to pay tax though. The savings isn't as big as I first thought it would be, but every dollar counts when you're purchasing 4-8 tires or more.

If anyone is interested, let me know what size(s) you're looking for, and I will get a price and eta for you.

If there's enough interest, the owner is willing to begin carrying a few of the popular sizes in stock in the future. 

Edited by mcoppola
  • Like 3

Would like to see pricing on some 255/40/17's probably just 4 for now but more in the future.

Also need a set of RS-4's in 215/45/17 for the wife's street car :)

Can he get Nanking too? Looking for a set of NS-2R's, 180 treadwear in 175/50/13. So far only found them in Europe and Canada....

Thank you!!!!

Edited by Wittenauer Racing

10 minutes ago, Wittenauer Racing said:

Would like to see pricing on some 255/40/17's probably just 4 for now but more in the future.

Also need a set of RS-4's in 215/45/17 for the wife's street car :)

Can he get Nanking too? Looking for a set of NS-2R's, 180 treadwear in 175/50/13. So far only found them in Europe and Canada....

Thank you!!!!

I'll check all 3 of your inquiries, and get back with you shortly, hopefully have an answer tomorrow.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Huggy said:

I was told by hankook directly thst the 245/15 rs4 were a tire rack exclusive.  I’d be interested if you found that untrue.

I was just going to post that (16) 245/40/15's arrived today.

(12) of these are for myself and a local team, (4) are available for just under $530. (TR price for 4 shipped to MI is $562, and if I picked them up in South Bend, IN, $566. So, a savings of about $30 per set of 4.

The owner did have a hard time finding them at his wholesaler, and the price that he paid for them does not leave much of a margin for

a) him to make a small profit, and b) for us to realize a big savings.

He is checking into his other wholesale suppliers to see if anyone can beat the price that he got on these 16.

Edited by mcoppola

@Wittenauer Racing

I'm still working on your request. TR has the 255/40/17 size listed for $161.12 (Still checking on the 215/45/17's...)

My guy can get them for $147, but as I said, the margin is not that big. Buying from TR, you have to pay either tax (if picked up in South Bend,IN) or shipping (if sent here to MI.) Tax and shipping price is similar, around $8-9 bucks on a $132 dollar tire.

Buying direct here in MI, we would need to pay the 6% sales tax.

If you DO want a set, we can order them. If you can wait another few days, he is checking other wholesalers to try to get a better price.

12 minutes ago, mcoppola said:

I was just going to post that (16) 245/40/15's arrived today.

(12) of these are for myself and a local team, (4) are available for just under $530. (TR price for 4 shipped to MI is $562, and if I picked them up in South Bend, IN, $566. So, a savings of about $30 per set of 4.

The owner did have a hard time finding them at his wholesaler, and the price that he paid for them does not leave much of a margin for

a) him to make a small profit, and b) for us to realize a big savings.

He is checking into his other wholesale suppliers to see if anyone can beat the price that he got on these 8.

I assume that price is picked up in Michigan?

2 hours ago, Huggy said:

I assume that price is picked up in Michigan?

Yes.

@Huggy you were right. The tire store I'm working with is trying to get a better price on the RS-4's and after checking with a few different wholesalers, and talking with a Tire Rack rep directly, he found out that Tire Rack IS THE exclusive source for RS-4's. He found out the wholesaler he got them from actually got these 16 tires through TR.

He is now working with Tire Rack to become a wholesaler for them. If things work out, he will get a better price, and begin to stock some of the popular sizes. If he gets them cheap enough to make it worthwhile, we will begin to set up a shipping network too.

Edited by mcoppola

@Wittenauer Racing Thanks for your patience. We are trying to get a better price, as mentioned above.

Keeping your deadline in mind, I will be in contact with you as soon as we establish becoming a wholesaler. If it doesn't happen by next week, we can discuss your options - a small savings buying local, or going through TR.

• Thanks 1