theblue

US team visiting for mosport

Does my membership directly transfer?   can I just sign up for a race like in the US?   

what else do I need to know?

Yep, US membership is transferable.  email wendy@chumpcarcanada.com and she should be able to help you out to activate the membership.  They have switched to using motorsportsreg.com for the signups.  Does this link work? https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/round-2-oh-canada-celebration-eh-canadian-tire-motorsport-park-chumpcar-354910 (I think you may need Wendy to activate your membership first?)

What else?  Tech is also transferable if you have already tech'd this year.  Typically a bbq on Saturday night.  Hotel options are pretty crap close to the track, maybe some Airbnb options available (though its the July long weekend for Canada day so could be busier than normal).  Lots of camping area for free at the track though.

Have you been to Mosport before?  Bring your big boy pants!  The track is awesome.  So much fun with some great high speed corners!

• Like 2

awesome, thanks.    Just ran the glen race and now looking to cause some disorder north of the border.

Edited by theblue

Yes the membership is transferable but the two systems are not linked.  You will need to put in all your information with this link https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/2018-membership-fee-chumpcar-canada-clubhouse-219429

and each of your team mates will have to as well. DO NOT PAY the fee.

When complete email info@chumpcarcanada.com and I will activate your memberships.  

After you are updated, yes just go to this link  https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/round-2-oh-canada-celebration-eh-canadian-tire-motorsport-park-chumpcar-354910

and sign up!

Look forward to seeing you at the track!

Wendy

• Like 1

thanks.   are the rules and points equal for 2018?   anything different I should expect?

Edited by theblue

3 hours ago, theblue said:

thanks.   are the rules and points equal for 2018?   anything different I should expect?

Better beer, vicious mosquitoes, expensive gas.

Wendy & Sal run a pretty relaxed ship.

3 hours ago, theblue said:

Rules are the same as far as car points go. Note that recently the Canadian races have been going with no timed fuel stops. Also note that we have CER which runs concurrent 1 and 3 hour enduros within the Chump/champ race (those races get a checkered flag that chumpcars ignore). Depending on who shows up there can be a couple of fast cars (and some bad donkey trucks!) but from what I've seen that group is really relaxed, just having fun with some track time and very respectful of the chumpcars (I.e don't expect to be run off the road by some ex CanAm car in a rush to collect his championship trophy :) ). 

Be prepared to put it on the list of "must attend" races once you have a taste of the track though!

Im so freaking excited about this race!  

• Like 2