Additions/Differences in Cages Lemons > Champ

peakay

Hey there,

We are building a car right now and it was just dropped off to the fab sop to get the cage custom built.  Our first race will be Lemons, but we aim to follow that up shortly thereafter with ChampCar.  Can see where we are in the process here:  https://forums.24hoursoflemons.com/viewtopic.php?id=36805

I was told by the guy at roll cage components that there is an extra vertical downtube to the door sills required for chump that is not in Lemons, but I can't find mention of it int he Chump rules.

Can someone give a quick summary of any additions we need to make to ensure the cage will be legal in this series too?

Thanks!  

50 minutes ago, peakay said:

Hey there,

We are building a car right now and it was just dropped off to the fab sop to get the cage custom built.  Our first race will be Lemons, but we aim to follow that up shortly thereafter with ChampCar.  Can see where we are in the process here:  https://forums.24hoursoflemons.com/viewtopic.php?id=36805

I was told by the guy at roll cage components that there is an extra vertical downtube to the door sills required for chump that is not in Lemons, but I can't find mention of it int he Chump rules.

Can someone give a quick summary of any additions we need to make to ensure the cage will be legal in this series too?

Thanks!  

I don't think it's a vertical bar.  It's the sill bar and specific rules regarding spacing between the door bars.

If you build to champcar, it should be lemons legal as well.  However, there is some special circumstances related to rear stay angles and distances to centerline of the wheels for lemons.

18 hours ago, peakay said:

Hey there,

Thanks!  

Build it for Chumps and you will be ok. Some of the "cages" I've seen at LeMons scare me...