Just now, SonsOfIrony said:

My mistake, it was @Jer who said AER was looking into it.  All these three lettered names get me mixed up.

a.jpg

I don't know what conclusions were reached over at AER, but I know an org principal who was looking for info.  

We at BBY Racing just completed another successful event at Road Atlanta taking 3rd place trophy. Video and full story coming soon to our FB page. Also started the build for 2019 ChampCar season. It should be a very competitive car. Looking forward to seeing everyone at the track, and hopefully post race impound :). 1st planned event is Watkins Glen, but the goal is VIR24. Feel free to stop by and say hello. Who knows, you may even get one of our BBY Racing t-shirts. In the meantime we will be at Summit Point with AER in 2 weeks looking to take the overall win. Like I said, Don't believe everything you read. 

Edited by drsrock

On 7/17/2018 at 1:22 PM, Jer said:

The other series are all looking into it.  I can say that as an organization (got this direct from Mike) we have issued lifetime bans to the team and it's principals with Champcar, in addition to revoking their memberships.  We cannot afford to risk this type of behavior at any of our partner tracks.  They may be a problem, but they will not be OUR problem again.

12 hours ago, drsrock said:

We at BBY Racing just completed another successful event at Road Atlanta taking 3rd place trophy. Video and full story coming soon to our FB page. Also started the build for 2019 ChampCar season. It should be a very competitive car. Looking forward to seeing everyone at the track, and hopefully post race impound :). 1st planned event is Watkins Glen, but the goal is VIR24. Feel free to stop by and say hello. Who knows, you may even get one of our BBY Racing t-shirts. In the meantime we will be at Summit Point with AER in 2 weeks looking to take the overall win. Like I said, Don't believe everything you read. 

anyone else confused? 

• Confused 2

12 hours ago, drsrock said:

Like I said, Don't believe everything you read. 

Got it.. everyone else is the liar.  yeah that makes sense🙄

Edited by MoparBoyy

I deleted my response I posted yesterday. I don't understand how they got to run at Road Atlanta IF this @drsrock is truly the father and son that pulled the post race idiocracy.

I probably should have left my post, because upon rechecking the WRL results, it lists a DQ for BBY Racing. No matter if Road Atlanta reinstated them (which they shouldn't have) I don't know how or why they would plan to build something for Champcar, being as Mike Chisek said they were banned???

Whether or not their car was later found to be legal or not is not the question. The post race ashattery IS WHAT got them BANNED. I hope Champcar has the testicular fortitude to forever uphold this ban! As someone mentioned, our reputation as a series, and cost of insurance is much more important to the general membership than a family of irresponsible, childish people who put others in danger with their temper tantrums. The part of the story that really gets me wound up is hearing that the father actually video'd such stupid actions, when he should have been scolding his son!!!

@drsrock - If you ARE NOT the father or son in question, I don't know how you could condone such reckless behavior. In short, we don't need, nor want people here that would even condone or stick up for people who endanger others and possibly ruin a good thing for the rest of us.

Edited by mcoppola
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, mcoppola said:

I deleted my response I posted yesterday. I don't understand how they got to run at Road Atlanta IF this @drsrock is truly the father and son that pulled the post race idiocracy.

I probably should have left my post, because upon rechecking the WRL results, it lists a DQ for BBY Racing. No matter if Road Atlanta reinstated them (which they shouldn't have) I don't know how or why they would plan to build something for Champcar, being as Mike Chisek said they were banned???

Whether or not their car was later found to be legal or not is not the question. The post race ashattery IS WHAT got them BANNED. I hope Champcar has the testicular fortitude to forever uphold this ban! As someone mentioned, our reputation as a series, and cost of insurance is much more important to the general membership than a family of irresponsible, childish people who put others in danger with their temper tantrums. The part of the story that really gets me wound up is hearing that the father actually video'd such stupid actions, when he should have been scolding his son!!!

@drsrock - If you ARE NOT the father or son in question, I don't know how you could condone such reckless behavior. In short, we don't need, nor want people here that would even condone or stick up for people who endanger others and possibly ruin a good thing for the rest of us.

Keep in mind, guys, that a team here with Champcar who was disqualified also made claims of taking home a trophy position.  They didn't.  Just sayin...

7 hours ago, Jer said:

Keep in mind, guys, that a team here with Champcar who was disqualified also made claims of taking home a trophy position.  They didn't.  Just sayin...

I remember that... it was pretty funny to read the facebook posts and see membership gang up on them!