24hr of VIR beer exchange

• Technical Advisory Committee
11 hours ago, MoparBoyy said:

I'm in Florida, not sure if anyone wants anything from down here.  But if a Wisconsin team could bring down some SpottedCow, I could trade for cash :)

Ask Scotty to bring you one of their sampler packs if you have not tried other beers from New Glarus. 

• Technical Advisory Committee

If anyone wants NC beer I am interested in making an exchange.  Probably not helpful from people coming from farther south since you will be passing through anyways, but maybe?

I have no particular knowledge of anything good, but Id be interested in doing a 6 or 12 sampler exchange of sorts if anyone is interested.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, red0 said:

Ask Scotty to bring you one of their sampler packs if you have not tried other beers from New Glarus. 

I've had almost everything they make.  I use to live in Chicago and made frequent trips north for beer.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Chrisflamion said:

If anyone is interested in some 3 floyds will gladly trade for monies.

Do they offer a mixer 12 pack? I've had some of their stuff before, quite nice!!

On 7/19/2018 at 7:42 AM, scottyk said:

how much do you want?

I'd take a 12 pack of spotted cow and a mixer pack, if it isn't too much trouble. 

Going to Champcar races is about the only time I'm guaranteed to have a decent amount of cash on me, might as well spend it on good beer :lol: We will be arriving to or close to VIR Thurs late afternoon, our plan was to get very close then hopefully crash somewhere just outside of VIR that preferably has a brewery we can hit up - any recommendations? I know Raleigh is has quite a few...

Edit: Looks like a couple in Danville, might just do that. Coming from the south looks like I can take I-95 to I-74 for a straight shot to the area.

Edited by pintodave

11 minutes ago, pintodave said:

Do they offer a mixer 12 pack? I've had some of their stuff before, quite nice!!

I'd take a 12 pack of spotted cow and a mixer pack, if it isn't too much trouble. 

Going to Champcar races is about the only time I'm guaranteed to have a decent amount of cash on me, might as well spend it on good beer :lol: We will be arriving to or close to VIR Thurs late afternoon, our plan was to get very close then hopefully crash somewhere just outside of VIR that preferably has a brewery we can hit up - any recommendations? I know Raleigh is has quite a few...

Edit: Looks like a couple in Danville, might just do that. Coming from the south looks like I can take I-95 to I-74 for a straight shot to the area.

I will grab some also for you

• Thanks 1

If anyone wants some Fla brews in exchange, just let me know. 

For large regional breweries, I'd say Cigar City is well known - their Maduro Brown is very good and the Jai Alai is a very good ipa, if you are into those styles. I know I can obtain those from Total Wine locally.  

43 minutes ago, pintodave said:

no, its all mine! ScottyK might as well leave the car at home and just bring down some beer.  he could turn a profit.

I'll be there friday evening.

• Haha 1

I'll be by Total Wine this weekend (local Walmart of alcohol), I'll scope out any good Fla beers and report back...

18 minutes ago, DEE DEE said:

Is there a meeting place for this exchange?

Nobody told you about the secret basement under the start/finish line? What about the secret knock? Probably didn't tell you that either...

Spillover from the main VIR thread, but more appropriate for here I suppose.

We will be arriving Thurs late afternoon (fingers crossed no slowdowns...), we plan on checking out 1 if not both breweries in Danville. 2 Witches is 675 feet away from the crash pad, Ballad looks to be about 10 minutes from there.