2018 ChampCar Sim Series - Round 7, Practice Race 1 - VIR - 7/19/2018

Rapido

We're back! After a summer break touring the racetracks of Europe, we return to the humid climes of Virginia, as we get ready for the biggest event of the season the 2 4  hours of VIR. Usual set-up for the practice rounds though, have fun!

Session Details

• Date: Thursday, 19-July-2018
  • Practice Start: 6:00pm EST/6:00pm PST
  • Qualifying Start: 8:00pm EST/8:00pm PST
  • Race Start: 9:15pm EST/9:15pm PST
  • Cars: Street Stock, 2016 Global Mazda Cup
  • Track: VIR Full
  • Weather: iRacing Default (Late Afternoon, Partly Cloudy, 78°F, 55% humidity)
  • Setup: Fixed, Baseline with reduced fuel (Miata), Modified Baseline (Street Stock)

Useful Links

2018 ChampCar Sim Series schedule

Guide to iRacing and Hardware

How to create your own iRacing paints

iRacing Tips and Resources

Discord Server

• Like 1

Yea was a great session!  @Gordo and I still haven't figured out pit stops and it really hurt us at the end.  I had a good run and tried for 3rd on the last lap but screwed up the entry to roller coaster....pressure busts pipes I guess.  Great time!  Looking forward to the next practice and race!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jab31169 said:

Yea was a great session!  @Gordo and I still haven't figured out pit stops and it really hurt us at the end.  I had a good run and tried for 3rd on the last lap but screwed up the entry to roller coaster....pressure busts pipes I guess.  Great time!  Looking forward to the next practice and race!

I was onboard with you for that...Cringing right along with you....LOL

• Like 1

Yea, I crabbed 13 and got in early and locked up the brakes after dropping a wheel track right.  I had done it previously.  100% my fault, pushing too hard.  He gave me plenty of room too.  I should of stayed behind him on the straight and drafted him though hog pin and made a run at start/finish.  Lesson learned

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jab31169 said:

Yea, I crabbed 13 and got in early and locked up the brakes after dropping a wheel track right.  I had done it previously.  100% my fault, pushing too hard.  He gave me plenty of room too.  I should of stayed behind him on the straight and drafted him though hog pin and made a run at start/finish.  Lesson learned

Chris, 

That was me... your laps times were way faster.  I got ahead with a fast pit and 100% clean 45 mins, no offs.   Drag race to the finish would have been exciting.  I know I was close on fuel and could see you coming for the entire white flag lap.  I was so hoping I wouldn't run out of fuel.  I sputter after the checkered...

fun time

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, flytime said:

Chris, 

That was me... your laps times were way faster.  I got ahead with a fast pit and 100% clean 45 mins, no offs.   Drag race to the finish would have been exciting.  I know I was close on fuel and could see you coming for the entire white flag lap.  I was so hoping I wouldn't run out of fuel.  I sputter after the checkered...

fun time

Ha! Yea i was working my butt off to catch you for 3 laps and then we hit the front straight and I knew I was gonna have a shot.  I had a run going into 11 and backed off as it would of been bad for both of us.  Good clean fun for sure.  I'll get ya next time!!