Windshield tech? How strict is it?

First champcar race for our school team this Saturday at UMC. UMC is our local track and if you run here you have a broken windshield, that's all there is to it. It's not gravel, it's rocks on the edge everywhere. My question is, how harsh is tech on windshield cracks? I have two and a couple of stars. Will they make me remove it? Running without a windshield at UMC is asking for death. Your face shield will not protect you. The rocks could really do some harm. I'm just saying 😨

I'd say post pics and definitely email tech some pics. 

"Generally" if it is not in your field of view and/or not across the whole windshield you can slide. We've had an 8" single line crack on the pass side for 2 years - it has not gotten any worse and it's passed for 2017 and 2018 tech.

• Like 1

Welcome to the asylum. 

The standard answer used to be "ask Phil" (meaning email Phil), but now it is "ask Jay", I don't know his email address. Probably better for Jay's sanity that I don't know it yet... go peruse the champcar.org main web page, I am sure it is on there. If I find it before you, then godspeed. I have lots of questions :lol:

• Technical Advisory Committee
13 hours ago, mender said:

The spelling is a little off ... ;)

Hey @mender, most of these guys are from the South.

Maybe the spelling IS correct by those standards and they just forgot the spaces

Techinal  (pronounced "Tech in all") for y'all

• Like 1
  • Haha 1