56 minutes ago, Ron_e said:

$1150 CDN is mounted, balanced, tire disposal tax.  Tire Rack = $636 USD, convert to USD = $828, add $100 to mount and balance = $928, so yes could have saved ~$200, not sure how the tire disposal tax comes into play when bringing 4 stickers across the border.

Do they check at the border? Of course, I would remove the stickers and salt them in with the used ones... 

"Anything to declare?"

"No sir, I race cars so I have no money to spend..." 

• Like 3

We pick ours up just south of the border on the way to the track - except when the shipping company loses them. Did Portland on one set of Z3s and some spares because we were one set short.

And yes, generally when they ask us at the border if we have anything to declare we tell them we just spent a bunch of money in the US and have nothing to show for it.

On 7/31/2018 at 12:29 PM, red0 said:

That is the point of EC. You could  try out the series in a non Champcar for up to 2 races to see if you like it enough to build a car. 

wait a minute... Is EC limited to 2 races?

I haven't read the rules about EC, but that is kind of interesting.

4 minutes ago, lenbo211 said:

Run as many races in EC as you like, just have to abide by the treadwear rule.

If enough EC cars show up (5+?),you should be eligible for a trophy.

52 minutes ago, lenbo211 said:

It was, now you can run as many as you want. 

18 hours ago, red0 said:

It was, now you can run as many as you want. 

Ah, OK.  "interesting" was my polite way of saying ludicrous. My schedule for 2018 was going to try and get a race or two with Champ if the schedule and track selection synched up with LDRL.  But I wouldn't have bothered if there were a limit to how many EC I could run.

2 hours ago, lenbo211 said:

Ah, OK.  "interesting" was my polite way of saying ludicrous. My schedule for 2018 was going to try and get a race or two with Champ if the schedule and track selection synched up with LDRL.  But I wouldn't have bothered if there were a limit to how many EC I could run.

bring that stang and lets race!!!!!!  You should do Laguna in December.  The firepower is going to be impressive...

• Like 2

On 9/27/2018 at 9:20 AM, Alchemy Autosport said:

bring that stang and lets race!!!!!!  You should do Laguna in December.  The firepower is going to be impressive...

LDRL will be doing Laguna in January and to be honest I don't think I'll have my car back together before even that one. New Diff, Tranny Rebuild and new bearings on my engine because my accusump failed.  Thankfully caught the OP dropping before we destroyed another engine. Going to get an oversized baffled oil pan so I don't have to worry about losing my engine over a $20 O-Ring in my accusump. 

I think there are very good odds that I will either do Sonoma or Utah with Chump in 2019 if they aren't too close to a LDRL race. Should know her schedule end of October.