Sign in to follow this  
Rapido

2018 ChampCar Sim Series - Round 7, Championship Round - VIR - 8/2/2018

Ok guys, this is the big one. In honour of the upcoming 24hr at VIR, we will be having a slightly reduced version to push drivers to their limit for the 7th round of the 2018 Sim Series championship. Full length of the race will be 2 hours (the same as a real life stint at VIR), which means green flag will be at 8pm local time. Fuel will be reduced so you will need at least 2 stops in the race to make it to the end. It's a long race, repairs will be minimal (1 fast repair for the whole time), and competition will be fierce.

Good luck!

Session Details

• Date: Thursday, 2-August-2018
  • Practice Start: 6:00pm EST/6:00pm PST
  • Qualifying Start: 7:00pm EST/7:00pm PST
  • Race Start: 8:00pm EST/8:00pm PST
  • Cars: Street Stock, 2016 Global Mazda Cup
  • Track: VIR Full
  • Weather: iRacing Default (Late Afternoon, Partly Cloudy, 78°F, 55% humidity)
  • Setup: Fixed, Baseline with reduced fuel (Miata), Modified Baseline (Street Stock)

Useful Links

2018 ChampCar Sim Series schedule

Guide to iRacing and Hardware

How to create your own iRacing paints

iRacing Tips and Resources

Discord Server

1 hour ago, Rapido said:

• Practice Start: 6:00pm EST/6:00pm PST
  • Qualifying Start: 7:00pm EST/7:00pm PST
  • Race Start: 8:00pm EST/8:00pm PST

Hey tom, are these correct?  or do you mean something like this:

6:00pm EST/ 4:00pm PST

7:00pm EST/ 5:00pm PST

8:00pm EST/ 6:00pm PST

The "East" series runs at 6/7/8 EST and the "West" series runs at 6/7/8 PST (technically, I think he means EDT and PDT, but that's not what you are asking about) So there are two versions of each session that start 3 hours apart. 

Edited by ABR-Glen
  • Thanks 1

Remember, you will need a license to compete. I'm finishing mine tomorrow morning.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ABR-Glen said:

The "East" series runs at 6/7/8 EST and the "West" series runs at 6/7/8 PST (technically, I think he means EDT and PDT, but that's not what you are asking about) So there are two versions of each session that start 3 hours apart. 

Oooohhh...I might be able to race then.  Hope some of you western guys are gonna show up (and kick my butt)

Could not find any hosted races to build my rating. Bummed....

Fun race there!

I had no idea about the change of format, that was a surprise. I thought I had plenty of time to qualify!

Race went well except for my G27's shifter. It blew up my engine in Charlotte and now 5th gear isn't able to be reliably selected. I probably missed 5th 20 times, each time I suspect I lost between half and a full second on that lap.

I got out of the draft and then was able to relax for the last hour and a half to go on to win.

I raced with the west cost guys, all 4 of us.  Jay took off and left us and I had a pretty good battle for 2nd.  Then Jay wrecked and we all went into the pits for the 1st stop at the same time.  I left out of the pits before everyone else and had a 23 second lead on Jay that he got down to 8 seconds by the time the second pit stop came up for me.  He obviously took more fuel than I did as he ran another 10 laps before he pitted.  I still have a lot to learn on pit strategy obviously.  Still was fun and I'm happy with my second place finish.  Would of been nice to have more folks.  My wife would of strangled me with the VR headset cord if I had started with the east coast guys...had to wait til she fell asleep to race.

Thanks to everyone who raced last night, congrats on the East Coast win @Wyatt. Here's the video of the broadcast:

• Thanks 2

I had fun racing with you guys again. It sucks that we have another month off but it is busy season. 

See you at sebring!