Bill Strong

Official 2018 Wilwood Grand Prix at Auto Club Speedway - Full Roval!

2 hours ago, Schultz said:

Ok, so I forgot that sarcasm should have been in green font.  While yes that is our big Audi V8 Quattro, that has been seen flying around, then being towed in, a number of tracks east of the Mississippi over the past several years, we have in fact just completed the build of our newest car a 2001 Audi TT Quattro and the Willwood Gran Prix will be its first race.  We took it to a shake down session today for its first at-speed trial, and in true Audi form,  it made almost an entire lap before coming back in with either a failing CV joint or something in the front diff/transmission.  Break in time seems to mean something different when the four rings are involved.  

IMG_9569.jpg

OMG - that thing is so darn cute! But they are a PITA to work on. Good luck with that. 

On 9/19/2018 at 9:58 PM, chump5150 said:

Wow cool 29 31 entires.  Never count out alchemy autosports lil red rocket Miata !  

Btw. Has anyone else noticed in the supplemental rules or says no camping? Years past we could stay In Our trailers at the track.  What’s changed?

OK per Dana via Mike Chisek: We can stay overnight in the paddock (I'm assuming both Friday and Saturday nights) but the campground in the infield won't be open (don't think that was ever an option for us). Since there are electrical hookups in the paddock, I'm inquiring about that and the price for garages. 

Also there is NO practice on Friday - just Tech and Registration Friday afternoon. Gates open at 3:00 pm. 

Edited by FlorahDorah
  • Like 1

Okay, so now that Sebring is completed I can get back to answering questions here.

So some of the information in the supplemental rules you can blame on Bill, other stuff you can blame on me. But, no matter. The times and the Practice information has been corrected.

Additionally, the camping part you can blame on me. When I wrote no camping I meant no campground type place. You can camp overnight in your paddock, whether in the garage area or wherever you setup your hauler. Additionally you can use the Motor-coach parking directly behind the garage area. Hook-ups are available in the Motor-coach area, and power is available in the garage area. The bathroom facilities will be open round the clock in garage #2. 

If you rent a garage, and please do there are plenty left at $100, you can park your rig in the adjacent space. If you did not rent a garage you can paddock in the area labeled "suite parking." Basically the area outlined in orange on the attached picture is open for our use.

Gates are "Anticipated!" to open around 3:0pm. But, that depends on whether the track is rented Friday. Right now it is not, but if they do rent it we will have to wait until it clears before we can load in. Also, please remember we do not have the facility rented Sunday night. We must be completely out by 8:00pm Sunday night.

Thanks, Dana

756849991_AutoClubSpeedwayDesignatedAreas.png.b4f6455cfab6442b1b23a1b4d9eb695d.png

• Like 2

@DuncanDana - thanks much! Are the garages available through our registration system or do we have to call the track? Also maybe @Bill Strong could update the supplementals with the information you provided above, plus the garage information? 

Thanks again! 

2 hours ago, FlorahDorah said:

@DuncanDana - thanks much! Are the garages available through our registration system or do we have to call the track? Also maybe @Bill Strong could update the supplementals with the information you provided above, plus the garage information? 

Thanks again! 

We rent and assign the garages. You can request one through the registration system, or when I send out the pit requests I can take garage requests then.

I talked to Bill before I did the post, I copied him and he'll use it to update the Supps again tomorrow.

Dana

• Thanks 1

We ran a test day out at Fontana on Sunday so I took some video.  I thought the people signed up for the Fontana race might be interested in it so I'm posting it.  The video is kind of long so if you want to get a feel for how fast the track is go to the last 10 minutes where I'm using my bumper cam.  It's fast and we're going to have a blast.

See you in November.

• Like 2

Excellent video.  Thanks.  Looks super fast.  Cool under bumper cam too 👍🏽

Speed Ventures is back out at Fontana roval on nov 3 rd and 4 th.  We have signed up for the track day on the 3 rd and going to shake down the car and learn the course a bit.  Anyone else going? 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, chump5150 said:

Speed Ventures is back out at Fontana roval on nov 3 rd and 4 th.  We have signed up for the track day on the 3 rd and going to shake down the car and learn the course a bit.  Anyone else going? 

We will also be there on the 3rd

• Like 2

15 hours ago, chump5150 said:

We are thinking about attending as well. 

• Like 2

On 10/12/2018 at 9:50 AM, Alchemy Autosport said:

BTW, we might be needing a driver so if anyone knows a solid person that's nice on the equipment, let me know.

Ummm,

I can loan you a couple of our drivers (they NEVER hit the armco or other competitors, blow up engines, or trash gearboxes).  Oh wait, they do ALL those things! 

• Sad 1