Winning team looking for a few good drivers ready for "long term commitment"

Team Jacky Ickx is looking for new team members.

This is a unique opportunity because you would be joining a team with 2 cars, where team members actually drive both cars!
I started this team 10 years ago with the GT30, and quickly understood how expensive this “cheap” racing actually is! So, early on we started to split the cost of each race between the 4 of us.
When we added the 935 5 years ago, I applied the same cost splitting method. At first, my plans were to have team A, and team B; but we quickly understood both cars had an equal chance of winning. At first, I was the only one to drive both cars. But after really enjoying being happy after every race because even if one had issues, most races the other one finished strong; I started convincing my teammates to also drive both cars. Then, we started splitting cost for both cars. We became 1 team, 2 cars; pretty much guaranteeing a good race weekend for all of us, and at the very least some seat time! We have all experienced spending a lot of time and money to get to a race, just to witness an early issue, and never have a chance to drive!!!! The fact of splitting cost for both cars makes each race fee more regular.
Our team has had a few wins, several podiums, and most races we will fight for at least a top 10. 
Of course, I would prefer experienced drivers, but for this split cost system to work, I also need these drivers to be able/willing to race 5-6 times per year!
So, I’m looking for drivers who can commit to 5 or 6 of these races in 2019:
Road Atlanta ~ Daytona ~ Watkins Glen ~ Sebring ~ Road America ~ Sebring. {In light of this latest announcement, Watkins will be replaced by Indianapolis}

Depending how quickly you would be ready to join the team, there is still a possibility to race with us at the next 2 Sebring races, September 22nd, and at the end of December.
  • Like 4

I second @Snorman's comment.  Anybody looking for a team couldn't do any better than to sign on with this bunch.  If I didn't already fund a car and spend hours working on it I would be in on this deal if they would have me.  Although being 10 hours away might prevent that, but otherwise I would be in.  Good luck with signing on new drivers @Philippe

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Philippe said:

I suddenly have a crush on a tall handsome bald man....😜

The real problem is to find drivers who can drive a Mitsubishi past a Lexus!

I’ll tell Chris he has an admirer. He will get a kick out of it. (I’m the middle height one that still has some hair, Casey is the short one.)

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

This sounds very interesting, I have running all the tracks you have listedcrunninh a 1985 Nissan 300 in the ITS class with SCCA. I am currently located in Texas, but retired so traveling is not a problem go me. Can you tell me we're your located, and a rough guess as to what it cost per weekend to cover car related fees?

thanks 

JimM

• 2 weeks later...

Very interested in this. Not sure if 2019 is the year I could commit to 6 races, but definitely something I'd be interested in doing in the future. If you need an extra driver for Road Atlanta and Daytona please let me know as I would be very much interested. I had a great time running closely against the 935 for a few laps this past weekend!

Edited by Taylor Blanchard

• 1 month later...