F/S Clean Straight E30 in Florida

• Technical Advisory Committee

Price is pretty steep for that...

its an e car, so the trans was the most valuable bit.  What color is the interior?  Manual sunroof?

partout is the only way you will get 1k, unless the south fla market is wildly different than NC/SC.

Not trying to be a dick, just feeling your expectations.

• Like 1

• Technical Advisory Committee

Please save it if you can.  There are less and less of them each day.

What color is the interior? If its black, the carpet is worth some money

Fenders, Doors, hood ect are worth $20-50 each

the trunklid spoilers are worth $50 if it has one.  

Bumpers are worth 20-50

If its  got an LSD, its a tall ratio (2.79, 2.91) and the 24v swap guys who can swap to the ZF trans want them, so thats prolly $250

The Manual pedal box, and manual driveshaft are worth money to someone who wants to swap an auto car, id say you could get $125 for that stuff

The headlight trim and grille are worth a few bucks

If its got a good interior, the trim piece above the windshield ahead of the sunroof is getting rare in good condition, but its a delicate process to get it out without breaking it.  I have a good manual (crank) sunroof example, but id love a power sunroof example in good condition to replace the one in my street car.

If it has a 3 spoke "sport" steering wheel, its worth a few bucks, maybe 20

What on board computer does it have?  Some early cars got the 13 button one, and if that is working, or even if its not, it can be worth money, particularly if you pull the sub-wiring-harness that goes along with it.

If you can grab the wiper arms, Id like those.  

Edited by Huggy
  • Thanks 1

Hopefully today I will take this list to the car for inventory.

Not interested in the nickle & dime parts, just the big ticket stuff .Black dash, not perfect red door cards, had a decent number of lights up high, will check for the 13 button setup down low.

12 minutes ago, Huggy said:

If its  got an LSD

Dont feel like dragging a jack over, is there any way to decode the vin for this?

Our team always talks about how light the bmws can be, it intrigues. Problem is, space time and sanity, not to mention, with dwindling numbers, prices need to catch up, without (generically speaking)everyone's support I will be watching it go to junk or cutting it up/racing myself, to be honest, I really have no spare parts or funds to race this properly.

2 hours ago, Team Infiniti said:

Our team always talks about how light the bmws can be, it intrigues. Problem is, space time and sanity, not to mention, with dwindling numbers, prices need to catch up, without (generically speaking)everyone's support I will be watching it go to junk or cutting it up/racing myself, to be honest, I really have no spare parts or funds to race this properly.

Hey, I switched to Honda ... ;)

According to all the posts that I've read since BMWs showed up, they are the cheapest car to build and race.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, mender said:

How many transmissions? ;)

Not relevant to the sale of a e30 but hey, its my thread!

I believe 4, kind of hard to remember, this one was memorable because we were in place to do well.

Unlike a engine, only one was totaled/unrebuildable due to a drum bushing install error that we ignored and drove till it was a big pile of glitter that would no longer move(fresh rebuild fail)

mercedes-infiniti.jpg?resize=900,339

"Proof that LeMons and ChumpCar competitiveness and speeds are about equal: The Infiniti J30 of ChumpCar regulars Team Infiniti ran a tight race with the Cosworth-powered Mercedes 190E of the RC Spiders team when they were out on track together. Both teams are regular contenders for the overall win. Team Infiniti took home the Judge’s Choice trophy at this race, but a transmission failure kept them away from the overall win. The RC Spiders came in second behind the Porsche. "

• Like 1

“I’ll buy it, gut it until the plasma cutter burns up and hunt you all down with a 210hp/auto trans from a rice grinder.” (I took a few liberties with your quote) 

I would like to see that build. I would enjoy arguing over who had the line going into turn one at Sebring as I “accidentally “ bump into to your right rear quarter panel. Oops, my bad!!!  

3 hours ago, Team Infiniti said:

🤔   😎

Edited by Cam Benty
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Spoke to tow guy today, once I re-inventoried what was good and not, explained the best part of the car was missing he called the crusher for a price, they were disappointed to hear of the missing trans and offered him crap, at that point I offered the same and we shook (saved him $35 and a hour of paperwork selling to me)

13 button computer has crunchy display, good buttons

Red door cards (I know, less then desirable, in good condition)

cracked dash

black carpet,aint in bad shape,needs to be looked at more carefully

Sunroof mechanical or power, no clue yet

Oh

Also bought a running Infiniti parts car for 300

Edited by Team Infiniti
  • Like 4