Lifeline Rain Light use rules

We picked up rain lights for both our cars, just wondering what are the rules for use?  I see it does solid and flashing.    I have yet to wire them in, either with parking lights, brake lights, or on its own switch.

IMG_20180828_194733.jpg

Edited by MoparBoyy

1 hour ago, MoparBoyy said:

We picked up rain lights for both our cars, just wondering what are the rules for use?  I see it does solid and flashing.    I have yet to wire them in, either with parking lights, brake lights, or on its own switch.

IMG_20180828_194733.jpg

I don’t have an answer on the rules, but I will comment that the flashing mode on those can be a little bit annoying if the conditions are just moderate.  You may get dive bombed more in flash mode - I know I caught a car I flashing mode and decided “that is going to drive me crazy - I have got to push hard and get in front of him”.  

Now, given the car you have it on, maybe that won’t be a problem so much because that thing looks FAST

put it on its own switch in flashing mode probably makes the most sense.  If conditions aren’t bad, just run the parking lights and leave it off.  My 2 cents. 

Edited by Racer28173

• Administrators

Chisek and I talked about this last week. 
AER is mandating them. We will just recommend them. Flashing and mounted in the general area of the rear license plate like AER has ruled. We figured we would need to add something like this since we have quite a few of them (AER racers) that race with us.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bill Strong said:

Chisek and I talked about this last week. 
AER is mandating them. We will just recommend them. Flashing and mounted in the general area of the rear license plate like AER has ruled. We figured we would need to add something like this since we have quite a few of them (AER racers) that race with us.

Bill, the question is when can we have it operating?  Rain only?  Rain and night?  When braking?  All the time?   Mounting them anywhere other than a protected area facing backwards wouldn't make any sense. 

Edited by Snake

• Administrators

From Chisek...
"Rain lights - Only flashing during rain/wet weather.  Can come on with brakes.  Can be on at night if it had a dim setting and not 100% power."

a statement like this will be added to the 2019 BCCR. It may be tweaked a bit to add location and qty.

• Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Bill Strong said:

From Chisek...
"Rain lights - Only flashing during rain/wet weather.  Can come on with brakes.  Can be on at night if it had a dim setting and not 100% power."

a statement like this will be added to the 2019 BCCR. It may be tweaked a bit to add location and qty.

Thanks so much.

7 hours ago, Bill Strong said:

From Chisek...

CORRECTION:

So the lifeline rain light in flash mode alternates between 60% power and 100%.  Any other way its 100% power.  Just as an FYI for those who come looking.

Edited by Jab31169