Aleru

The Marathon Coach Sebring 14 hour

30 minutes ago, ddombrowski said:

During my first stint, around 11am or so, there were several caution laps where that Boxster was getting pulled out of the tire wall and loaded onto a flatbed near turn 6.

I stand corrected, they apparently had contact with multiple tires during the race.

S. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Got our video guy to upload the video from the start of the race. I haven't watched the whole thing yet but the first several minutes are just parade laps before. Green. You can probably see the smoke coming from the blue blown up miata before the start, and you'll have to listen to me doing a bunch of radio checks with our new expensive digital radio. Enjoy! 

Miata smoke bomb at 11:10

Green at 12:05

Cutoff not banned yet at 17:30 (I actually waved him by then put my hand up in a 'my bad' gesture) 

Miata blew up at 21:10

FCU until 38:30

Run off track by that accord 43:05

Could feel something off in the front end, so weaving to see if I could figure it out 56:45 (must've been the axle we blew apart later) 

@Lincolnfelter spin in turn 3 at 1:18:18

Edited by krispykritter
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Team Infiniti said:

That sucked, kind of wondered what was up, saw our returned cool suit cooler but not not you guys after I got out of the car.

Yeah, it came in on the hook and I decided to call it. Our renter had gotten his time and it was raining. Probably could have gotten back on track if we wanted to. 

2 hours ago, ddombrowski said:

Was there other damage?

The LCA is bent and the door was ripped off the lower hinge. The wheel is the worst part though. I still to put it back together but the body looks straight. So, fender, door, LCA and a wheel. 

2 hours ago, krispykritter said:

Got our video guy to upload the video from the start of the race. I haven't watched the whole thing yet but the first several minutes are just parade laps before. Green. You can probably see the smoke coming from the blue blown up miata before the start, and you'll have to listen to me doing a bunch of radio checks with our new expensive digital radio. Enjoy! 

Cutoff not banned yet at 17:30 (I actually waved him by then put my hand up in a 'my bad' gesture) 

Could feel something off in the front end, so weaving to see if I could figure it out 56:45 (must've been the axle we blew apart later) 

Did I really see the BSI miata with a GoPro mounted on its roof at the 16:20 mark?

I hope that was caught by a marshal sometime during the race and removed?

Team Jacky Ickx had a very good race finishing in 5th & 6th. Congrats to Kevin (6-5), to all the podium teams, and to all the teams who were able to finish this hard race. It had been a long time for us both cars had finished... But they still didn't! I was driving the 66 when with 9 minutes to go, the engine blew up! Sorry for the oil and engine parts I laid in the hairpin braking zone! But I really would like to thank the driver who followed me off track on the old hairpin to warn me my car was on fire!!! I've got a few beers with your name on it! I told Mike Chisek about it (he always likes a good story), but he needed a car number, a make, a color,... Once I heard the word "fire", I was out of there, and I didn't pay attention who told me! Since, Chris Marsh told me Ethan's car followed me to warn me, so Ethan, Elon, Andrew, or whoever was driving, THANK YOU SO MUCH! I'll park next to you guys at the next Sebring in December with full ice boxes!

The live stream was in my car when it happened! The blow up happens around 9 minutes from the end of the race, but listen at 8:15!!!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Racer7x said:

Did I really see the BSI miata with a GoPro mounted on its roof at the 16:20 mark?

I hope that was caught by a marshal sometime during the race and removed?

Why are external GoPro's a no'no?

Ive never run one, while racing with Champ, but have for many other things.  Always with a tether in case the mount fails/it gets bounce off.  Never had a mount come loose, even on the bumpiest of jumpiest stages while rallying.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, krispykritter said:

Lincolinfelter spin in turn 3 at 1:18:18

Fixed that for ya ;)

4 hours ago, SonsOfIrony said:

Ive never run one, while racing with Champ, but have for many other things.  Always with a tether in case the mount fails/it gets bounce off.  Never had a mount come loose, even on the bumpiest of jumpiest stages while rallying.

Been a rule forever, we got a  stern talking to, even with a professional mount/tether.

Edited by Team Infiniti
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, SonsOfIrony said:

And a lot of other serious issues. Not everyone mounts theirs well, not everyone has a tether. You get rules written for dumbassery sometimes.

• Like 2

On 9/27/2018 at 10:54 PM, WastedAccounts said:

SLS Racing had a good first 11 hours. We were a mess between pit stops and a rental driver and being short handed but we were having fun. Then this happened and ended out day

The car  will race again just sucked being taken out early. We finished 59th overall but could have been in the mid 40s with those last three hours of race time. 

CrashedRacecar.jpg

I was driving the #934 VW Golf right behind you guys when it happened. You all parted like the Red Sea!

That Porsche sure took a beating that day...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SubParChris said:

I was driving the #934 VW Golf right behind you guys when it happened. You all parted like the Red Sea!

I saw a number of questionable moves by the Boxter.

Probably why it ended up looking like a Derby car.

• Haha 1

Huge thanks to the corner workers and the people running the safety vehicles. Also to race control (especially in the wet/night stints) for doing a good job with hot pulls. 

This was my first return with the Golf since the NYE race in december. That weekend we were the second slowest car on track. Last weekend, by the 4th hour, we had driven the car from 57th to 18th over all and fourth in class. We dealt with a axle nut coming loose, causing the pads to be knocked back on straights. Our driver Zack had to drive with a soft pedal for all 2 hours of his second stint. We fell back a couple of laps and had to claw our way back up. The restart in the wet after the red flag was the begining of my second stint. I drove the car from 31 over all to 22 overall and 7th in class. We pitted, had our driver Scott get in the car, and after one lap there was a rear caliper failure. We DNFd in the 11th hour. 

All in all it was a great race. Many thanks to all the drivers who kept there wits about them. Had an awesome battle with the Marlboro bmw for nearly an hour and half in my first stint. And a long chase with the Elvis E36 car. 

Looking forward to the next one. Maybe we'll be at Barber.

Sandwich incident about an hour into the race. Resulted in a bent tie rod. Replaced it and the outer end, reset toe. Came back out in 75th and worked our way up to finish 22nd. 

Edited by KGRacing
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, SubParChris said:

Any in car footage you'd like to share? 

40 minutes ago, KGRacing said:

Sandwich incident about an hour into the race. Resulted in a bent tie rod. Replaced it and the outer end, reset toe. Came back out in 75th and worked our way up to finish 22nd. 

Yikes.  Not like there wssalong ways to go, they had to pass RIGHT NOW. .... oh wait.  

Nice recovery finishing position 

1 hour ago, WastedAccounts said:

Any in car footage you'd like to share? 

Go Pro took a dump before the green flag and never bothered fixing it. Sorry. From my perspective it looked like he was trying too hard in an area of the track that was pretty slippery even as it dried out.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KGRacing said:

Someday, people will come to the realization that you can NOT go 3-wide into Bishop. 

S. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, KGRacing said:

Just for the sake of having both vids next to each other

2 hours ago, Snorman said:

Someday, people will come to the realization that you can NOT go 3-wide into Bishop. 

S. 

Yep. He saw the Eclipse on the right and lifted to back out, but obviously not soon enough. 

On 9/29/2018 at 12:40 AM, SubParChris said:

that Porsche takes a beating every race.  I can't tell you how many times its made 'accidental contact' with another car.

1 hour ago, MoparBoyy said:

that Porsche takes a beating every race.  I can't tell you how many times its made 'accidental contact' with another car.

What is the point where someone with a fancy shirt steps in to say enough?  Not your out but stupid moves have consequence other than body damage.  In Palm beach years ago there was a backwards truck that did a lot of carnage and got a good talking to! Seemed to help if my memory serves me right.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, rockerbarc said:

What is the point where someone with a fancy shirt steps in to say enough?  Not your out but stupid moves have consequence other than body damage.  In Palm beach years ago there was a backwards truck that did a lot of carnage and got a good talking to! Seemed to help if my memory serves me right.

I was also curious of this - it doesn't seem to be a self-correcting problem and it's certainly more than one person complaining about their 'driving.'

• Like 1