2x Rule- Dealer Vs Auto Parts Store

the5

So for 2019 the 2x Rule still exists. For 2x Parts in the Rule book it says that-

InVOWmf.png

But It seems some members Have emailed Mike and Gotten Approval on Dealer Parts as well-

ubWztlS.png

Seems that any easily accessible online resource should work. 

1 hour ago, ABR-Glen said:

Seems like a great opportunity for the TAC to provide guidance and work on revised wording for the BCCR. It's certainly not "fair" if some people are using dealer price if others think they can't.

… and further still for cars that can't even get dealer pricing anymore because the parts are no longer stocked.

• Technical Advisory Committee
23 minutes ago, Ron_e said:

… and further still for cars that can't even get dealer pricing anymore because the parts are no longer stocked.

Glass half full bud,

2x infinity is basically buy whatever you want!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Huggy said:

Glass half full bud,

2x infinity is basically buy whatever you want!

Sorry, I follow rules as written.  If a price is not available I don't make one up.  Plus whenever a domestic shows up with shiny or fibreglass pieces everybody questions it so I always have my paperwork in order.

Edited by Ron_e
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ron_e said:

Sorry, I follow rules as written.  If a price is not available I don't make one up.  Plus whenever a domestic shows up with shiny or fibreglass pieces everybody questions it so I always have my paperwork in order.

So, that whole "swap for less power being 50 points" thing wasn't you?

40 minutes ago, ABR-Glen said:

So, that whole "swap for less power being 50 points" thing wasn't you?

Before doing a swap I certainly asked Phil what the points were when swapping in less hp than factory.  Swapping the 215 hp Explorer in place of the 225 Mustang gives an adder of 79 points from the formula.  If I remember correctly, prior to that I think it was posted somewhere that swapping in less hp was to be the base 50 points but I wanted to have it in an e-mail that I could have on hand and not a forum post.  Pretty sure that was all.

It was a concern for me when I was maxed out on points, as things have become free I am no longer maxed out, my points are actually going up this year but still under 500.  We didn't swap till 2017, prior to that I was maxed out on points without a swap.

Edited by Ron_e

10 hours ago, hotchkis23 said:

I am all in for online look up from major retailers only for 2x, honestly how many of us actually go to the dealer to source these parts anyways? 

I work at a dealership.. so... everyday?  I see the crap parts that come from parts stores.  Sorry but a $10 shock from autozone isn't the same as OEM.  It says "OEM replacement" because it fits in the hole, doesn't mean its the same quality, valving, etc.

Its the same parts stores that sell you platinum plugs for a engine that had nickle and they claim. 'these are same as factory'

Edited by MoparBoyy
  • Like 4