Rota Wheels???

• Technical Advisory Committee

Too funny to see this post, I just got off the phone with a Focus racer and filled him in on the Rota application I found to fit the rare 4x108mm bolt pattern.

We bought 8 Rota Grid Concave wheels in 15x9 with the correct offset/backspace we need. 

I have not had the wheels on the car yet, so i can't speak about their durability, but visual inspection wise, they look great, Very well built, strong looking and fairly light weight. 

They do not have the light weight flow form construction wheels, but these 15x9's were fairly light at 15.3 lbs.

What type of car and size are you looking for?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rota-wheels-Grid-17x9-4x114-3-12mm-73-Hub-Bore-Flat-Black-Red-Lip-4-Wheels/253915738206?hash=item3b1e8eb05e:g:Y3QAAOSwxudbYg0o&vxp=mtr

These are the ones we are looking at buying.  620.00 is pretty hard to beat.  They are going on our 240sx.  

Wasn't it Rota Wheels that kept failing (like the center part just breaking from spikes alltogether) on mustangs or something like that, a number of years ago? Maybe it was just a bad set of knockoffs or something. My memory is definitely fuzzy, and that must have been 15 years ago. Carry on!

https://www.enjukuracing.com/categories/wheels/square/

We run the Square G8s on our car in similar fitment.  Clears stock rear fenders with a roll, even with 255/40/17s.  245/40s fit better though.  We beat the heck out of them this year and they've been great.  Probably made in the same Chinese factory as Rota's and XXRs.

And the price is great.

They are one of the very few options for the stupid 4X110 RX7 bolt pattern. We ran them and they were very nice wheels, plenty strong and not too heavy, I only ditched them because they only come in 15X7 and I wanted to run wider tires.

On 10/8/2018 at 3:30 PM, mhr650 said:

They are one of the very few options for the stupid 4X110 RX7 bolt pattern. We ran them and they were very nice wheels, plenty strong and not too heavy, I only ditched them because they only come in 15X7 and I wanted to run wider tires.

This is relevant to my interests.  

On 10/7/2018 at 3:20 PM, morganf said:

Squares have lasted the longest for us we have had at least three rotas crack in the same spot.

Approx how many hours on them before you are seeing cracking?

I'm doing some googling on the Rota's with mixed results, some people with zero issues and some with some cracking. Rota actually makes offsets I am looking for which is great. I am just running china replica wheels now, which I am not that warm and fuzzy about, but only one crack just like you showed. I can't think the Rota's are any worse than the china knock-offs I am running currently?

4 hours ago, pintodave said:

Approx how many hours on them before you are seeing cracking?

I'm doing some googling on the Rota's with mixed results, some people with zero issues and some with some cracking. Rota actually makes offsets I am looking for which is great. I am just running china replica wheels now, which I am not that warm and fuzzy about, but only one crack just like you showed. I can't think the Rota's are any worse than the china knock-offs I am running currently?

All of our Rotas have had small bends after a few races. This was a brand new set that had all four bent and cracked after a VIR 24hr. Possible it was a bad batch or someone dukes of hazarded off the curbing. Either way we are now sticking with Square G6 wheels.

Edited by morganf
  • Thanks 1