Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody was worried about your particular MR2   😘

Everyone rest up.  Tomorrow is a new day. We can hate some new stuff.  😀

I used to run a 78 Chevy Malibu.  I don't anymore even though I would have TONS of points left and it would be pretty competitive.   I dont run it anymore because it wasn't fun to hustle a c

Posted Images

Stock S2000 ecu runs very rich, but fuel will be the limiting factor.  Surge is always a benefit unless you run it empty!  You don't have to go 2hrs to win. 

 

I very lightened S2000 could make the brakes last...how light is anyone's guess.  I for one would rent a seat in one either way! . 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hurljohn said:

Stock S2000 ecu runs very rich, but fuel will be the limiting factor.  Surge is always a benefit unless you run it empty!  You don't have to go 2hrs to win. 

 

I very lightened S2000 could make the brakes last...how light is anyone's guess.  I for one would rent a seat in one either way! . 

 

Remember that even a 500 point car doesn't need a single piece of Honda engine management system for a single piece of Honda brake components. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Hi All,

 

I'm back to the drawing board after my Miata was demolished in another series by a Mustang doing what Mustang's do best.

 

Anyone know what happened to the 2019 VPI PDF? The original link no longer works (404 Not Found):

 

https://champcar.org/mainweb/pdf/VPITable2019v1.pdf

 

Thinking of running a car that was >500 points in 2018.

 

-Kevin

 

EDIT:

Never mind, found it:

 

https://champcar.org/mainweb/downloads/VPI_Table_1901.pdf

 

I guess my choice of car is still screwed.

Edited by w0t
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Technical Advisory Committee
On 11/19/2018 at 7:46 PM, ABR-Glen said:

 

Be surprised if Jay can assign a VPI for a car not on the list without going through the TAC and BOD based on recent proceedings.

 

He certainly does not need to go through the TAC. The TAC just advises the BOD or tech if help is requested. I don't think he needs to go through the BOD either, although that is at least a possibility. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, w0t said:

Hi All,

 

I'm back to the drawing board after my Miata was demolished in another series by a Mustang doing what Mustang's do best.

 

Anyone know what happened to the 2019 VPI PDF? The original link no longer works (404 Not Found):

 

https://champcar.org/mainweb/pdf/VPITable2019v1.pdf

 

Thinking of running a car that was >500 points in 2018.

 

-Kevin

 

EDIT:

Never mind, found it:

 

https://champcar.org/mainweb/downloads/VPI_Table_1901.pdf

 

I guess my choice of car is still screwed.

Funny how Miata people always blame everyone else. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, red0 said:

 

He certainly does not need to go through the TAC. The TAC just advises the BOD or tech if help is requested. I don't think he needs to go through the BOD either, although that is at least a possibility. 

Good to know. I can't remember the context of my previous post.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Bob J said:

Funny how Miata people always blame everyone else. 

 

Hmm

 

Google results for Mustang crash = 2,000+ pages

 

Google results for Miata crash = 17 results.

 

Don't hate the playa, hate the game.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SonsOfIrony said:

 

Hmm

 

Google results for Mustang crash = 2,000+ pages

 

Google results for Miata crash = 17 results.

 

Don't hate the playa, hate the game.

Its just getting old. I see more dumbass Miata drivers causing wrecks every week  

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Bob J said:

Its just getting old. I see more dumbass Miata drivers causing wrecks every week  

Do you race spec pinata?

 

It's probably because miata brake and corner better than pretty much everything else and have no straight speed.  They generally need to make sketchier maneuvers to keep their speed up compared to other "well endowed" cars.

 

I usually give cars a bit of room in the areas that I know they are faster than me.  Even if I am passing them.

 

V8, Imma not try to cut you off coming onto the straight.  Miata, I'm not gonna assume you are using the same brake marker as me.

 

Takes all kinds.

 

That's not to say that there aren't legitimate errors from miata drivers.  He'll, a miata is a gateway drug into this racing thing.  Lots of rookies start with miata.

Edited by wvumtnbkr
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Bob J said:

Its just getting old. I see more dumbass Miata drivers causing wrecks every week  

No doubt that gets old. Kind of like it gets old having people assume it’s has something to do with the Miata.    We have had one incident where contact was our fault in 5 seasons now.    We were hit twice in one race by the same team.  It had to do with their drivers, not the fact they happened to be in a Mustang.    

Edited by JDChristianson
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Bob J said:

Its just getting old. I see more dumbass Miata drivers causing wrecks every week  

 

There are two types of people I guess.

 

You can whine and cry about people making fun of your chosen car, or you can embrace it and name your Mustang team Crowd Control.....

 

11 hours ago, wvumtnbkr said:

 

 

It's probably because miata brake and corner better than pretty much everything else and have no straight speed.  They generally need to make sketchier maneuvers to keep their speed up compared to other "well endowed" cars.

 

I usually give cars a bit of room in the areas that I know they are faster than me.  Even if I am passing them.

 

V8, Imma not try to cut you off coming onto the straight.  Miata, I'm not gonna assume you are using the same brake marker as me.

 

 

This.  I very rarely pass cars on the straights, because I don't have the power to do so.  There are a few teams out there who have clearly never had the pleasure of driving a momentum car.  I've seen a few BMWs and a certain saftey orange Boxter that could use a lesson in sharing.

 

If you spin out trying to block a pass, it would have been Way faster to just yeild.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, SonsOfIrony said:

You can whine and cry about people making fun of your chosen car, or you can embrace it and name your Mustang team Crowd Control.....

 

Embrace the chaos.. collect trophies.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/19/2018 at 1:05 PM, Grant said:

 

The AP2 (2004+; per Jay all model years are 500 points) cars have stronger differentials that should be fine in a ChampCar race. The brakes are a much larger problem: the rear rotors are solid, and tend to cook the hubs. The fronts are prone to cracking on cooldown. If there's a good brake option which falls under the 2x rule the car is vastly under-valued.

 

the AP1 is listed on the VPI as 500.. not sure how you get an AP2 with a larger engine for the same points.  I think Jay may have been mistaken in that.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MoparBoyy said:

 

the AP1 is listed on the VPI as 500.. not sure how you get an AP2 with a larger engine for the same points.  I think Jay may have been mistaken in that.  

 

Verified with Mike AP2 and AP1 S2000 Both Valued at 500 Points. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, the5 said:

 

Verified with Mike AP2 and AP1 S2000 Both Valued at 500 Points. 

Well since AP2's have CF in the transmission and CF is illegal anywhere on the car I'm guessing you are going back to an AP1 transmission.  ;)

Edited by Snake
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 months later...
12 hours ago, a914freak said:

He slices and he dices! LOL! No doubt Jer, that car would need your services!

Since I have so much time until the next race, I'm going to take another scalpel to the Miata.  30 pound goal.  

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, a914freak said:

 I'm not sure I agree with their point value the car weighs 4000 lbs!

Our VW Fox uses the Audi style longitudinal engine/trans and the W8 would fit. 

I'm not sure if the rear tires would even touch the ground but 270hp in a sub 2000lb car would be pretty nice.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...