Plum crazy

2019 Brainerd

31 minutes ago, Zauskycop said:

Problem with Blackhawk....you can only fit, reasonably, 15-20 pit spots on pit row...it IS crowded, and no room to double up...

Yeah...a double up there would be seriously dangerous doing driver changes and driver side fuel refills. Super fun track though, but not set up for endurance races.

• Like 1

On 12/12/2018 at 1:02 PM, JC_CRapshoot said:

Yeah...a double up there would be seriously dangerous doing driver changes and driver side fuel refills. Super fun track though, but not set up for endurance races.

I did 'endurance' racing there on motorcycles.  I actually have a track championship in the endurance class in 2008.  I have no idea how they even race cars there, i thought that track was tight when it was 2-3 bikes wide.  I couldn't even fathom going 2 wide in cars.

• Like 1

Sad to learn no Brainerd in 2019 - I was really hoping to get back there after a 34 year hiatus. 

Is there any other option? Lemons?  

4 hours ago, JohnMac said:

Sad to learn no Brainerd in 2019 - I was really hoping to get back there after a 34 year hiatus. 

Is there any other option? Lemons?  

I am sad as well -- but I will keep making noise.  Its my home track and one that I finally got mostly right.  Lemons and WRL are both going to be there, but WRL is the same weekend as Indy.  Don't think they will let our car into Lemons, and not sure I want to run it as a Lemons car anyway.

Really keep asking -- the season is just starting.

• Like 1

image.png.8b4d901ed324b0cf4422feddf367918f.png

BIR had some sweet advertisements a few years ago. 

Edited by red0
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, red0 said:

image.png.8b4d901ed324b0cf4422feddf367918f.png

BIR had some sweet advertisements a few years ago. 

Don't tease -- saw the poster graphic come over my phone and got all excited........although - I'll bet they would entertain Sept 28/29 -- its right after Hastings and before RA, and it looks as though they are bracket drag racing on that weekend at BIR.  Sounds like a great upper Midwest racing tour series.............. 

• Like 1

Obviously CCES dropped their event at BIR because they added Indy on the same weekend, so WRL took that date at BIR.

Lemons is also running BIR for the first time this year.

I doubt BIR will draw enough entries to support 3 races in a year, so we'll see if/when CCES comes back. 

Looks like there are only a couple tracks left that have been on the schedule since the early days :(

• Sad 1