E. Tyler Pedersen

2018 Official The Frozen Rotors Grand Prix at Road America

2 minutes ago, E. Tyler Pedersen said:

Petitions are always good to write in order to change the BCCR in ChampCar. They are due in February if you all forgot. This is about the Road America race. Please stay on topic. Always welcome to start another thread to discuss the 2 hour stint or the 5 minute pit stops. 

Thanks!

17 hours ago, red0 said:

2.2. VEHICLE ELIGIBILITY – DEFINITION OF AN EXCEPTION CLASS (“EC”) CAR 2.2.1. The Exception Class or “EC” car class is open to “ChampCar compatible” cars that wish to race with ChampCar but exceed the 1,000 point limit, or any Team not wishing to compete for the overall win.

Sure, the EC car does not get the overall win trophy, however at least it'd be on the same playing field as the regular class cars and not get a 7-9 minute advantage over the regular class cars.  EC is rarely/never the overall winner as far as I recall.  I know we won in EC at the final Gateway race but I don't recall many others.  

12 hours ago, Jer said:

I still like the max 2 hour stint, though.  I know from experience that my driving falls off at 1:45.  I start making stupid mistakes and have more trouble concentrating, especially at busy track or in the heat.  I did a 2.5 hour stint in WRL, and it worked out, but I wasn't at my best at the end of it.  

The 2 hour max stint combined with a 8 hour race is a bad combination, IMHO.  It certainly is much less safe to have 50 of 77 cars on pit road all together every two hours.  It'd be better if the pit stops were spread out.  Allowing a 2+15 max stint would allow some teams to spread out their pit stops without over tiring the drivers by letting them stay in the car too long.  

Back to our regularly scheduled topic:

Second Stint on Sunday.  Started in P7 and finished in P2. 

Hmm...looks like the youtube label is wrong.  I'll fix that.  This is Road America on Sunday.  

Edited by skierman64