Aleru

The RVA Graphics and Wraps AMP'd Up Duals

13 hours ago, Racer7x said:

Looking at the damage she definitely wanted to go starboard...you guys had your hands full

Once we got the windshield back on it was much better.  It still required about 45 degrees extra steering angle before it would bite going right, but I didn't have problems taking the kink flat.

Go figure, a windshield adds a bunch of front downforce.

• Haha 1

Yeah, I will echo what others have said on this forum and on Facebook about that Blue Porsche. Something needs to happen with them. It is a little ridiculous how every time I saw that car at Sebring, it had new damage that wasn't there an hour before that.  I mean, it can't just be one bad driver in that car, because it seems to hit something or someone in every stint.  I would propose putting those drivers on a "probation" for the next couple of races that they enter.  Watched closely by the Stewards , Corner Workers, etc. Make them run an in-car camera, and if they come in to the pits with more damage or get called in for doing something dumb, they are parked until the Officials review the video lol.   

Anybody know the names of the drivers?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, TheJohnDavison said:

Yeah, I will echo what others have said on this forum and on Facebook about that Blue Porsche. Something needs to happen with them. It is a little ridiculous how every time I saw that car at Sebring, it had new damage that wasn't there an hour before that.  I mean, it can't just be one bad driver in that car, because it seems to hit something or someone in every stint.  I would propose putting those drivers on a "probation" for the next couple of races that they enter.  Watched closely by the Stewards , Corner Workers, etc. Make them run an in-car camera, and if they come in to the pits with more damage or get called in for doing something dumb, they are parked until the Officials review the video lol.   

Anybody know the names of the drivers?

Larry, Moe & Curley...

I also personally saw them rooting people out of the way with contact at Daytona...

And you thought BMW drivers were impatient😊

Edited by Racer7x

11 minutes ago, Racer7x said:

Larry, Moe & Curley...

I also personally saw them rooting people out of the way with contact at Daytona...

And you thought BMW drivers were impatient😊

The damage from this race may take care of that.  It was a bad hit on the wall before Troy hit them after they careened off the wall.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Burningham said:

The damage from this race may take care of that.  It was a bad hit on the wall before Troy hit them after they careened off the wall.

What if they come back with a different car next year, we need their names so we know who to look out for.

On 11/1/2018 at 10:50 AM, morganf said:

What if they come back with a different car next year, we need their names so we know who to look out for.

If they do I'd put money on it they will be in another 475pt dropped from 500pts 97-99 boxster...

Edited by Racer7x

Man Green Racing started w a new platform and boy was it fast...to make a long story short...didnt check timing belt (on the inside) and broke 7"of teeth off...and bent a bunch of valves....got parts in today..will be ready for Barber...check out Mac on the 1st stint..went 50th to 5th in 20 min

Edited by petethepumper
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, petethepumper said:

Man Green Racing started w a new platform and boy was it fast...to make a long story short...didnt check timing belt (on the inside) and broke 7"of teeth off...and bent a bunch of valves....got parts in today..will be ready for Barber...check out Mac on the 1st stint..went 50th to 5th in 20 min

Thanks for the hot rod Pete.  Even managed to get past @Hurljohn's Danger Racing 300, but only because I was able to get tucked in behind that 0 point top fuel dragster wing (or something similar as far as I could tell). 😁

Wish I kept that stripped belt for the trophy room.  Good luck next race.  That rocket is going to be hard to beat at Barber. 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, petethepumper said:

Just think, had you not hit the Miata at the start you might have been in 4th....

13 minutes ago, hotchkis23 said:

Just think, had you not hit the Miata at the start you might have been in 4th....

Maybe you should check your glasses..we were on the white line and you can clearly see the Miata move left when we were 3/4 of the way on him..we got Black flagged for that...they reviewed it and we were cleared...

20 minutes ago, macheesy said:

Thanks for the hot rod Pete.  Even managed to get past @Hurljohn's Danger Racing 300, but only because I was able to get tucked in behind that 0 point top fuel dragster wing (or something similar as far as I could tell). 😁

Wish I kept that stripped belt for the trophy room.  Good luck next race.  That rocket is going to be hard to beat at Barber. 

Thanks

..hope so

3 hours ago, petethepumper said:

Surprised to see how much your seat moves.

16 minutes ago, mender said:

Surprised to see how much your seat moves.

Im sure mac will correct me if wrong, more a camera smoothing software trick, seat is pretty tight, mount is solid, both cameras on same mount.

6 minutes ago, Team Infiniti said:

Im sure mac will correct me if wrong, more a camera smoothing software trick, seat is pretty tight, mount is solid, both cameras on same mount.

Watch the dash through a couple of corners or the Miata hit.

Edited by mender

Ed's got it right with the camera artifacts.  Gopro 7 with "hypersmooth" removes a bunch of the camera shake you usually see with in car cameras but introduces some visual artifacts that we're not used to seeing such as the subtle panning in corners.  The seat looks like it's shaking because it is...as part of the whole car that is shaking going over bumps in the road, kerbing, etc but since camera is smoothing itself out, it gives the impression of a lot of motion in the seat since it's the closest object to the viewer.  I like watching smoother videos despite the drawbacks.

Edited by macheesy

4 hours ago, macheesy said:

Ed's got it right with the camera artifacts.  Gopro 7 with "hypersmooth" removes a bunch of the camera shake you usually see with in car cameras but introduces some visual artifacts that we're not used to seeing such as the subtle panning in corners.  The seat looks like it's shaking because it is...as part of the whole car that is shaking going over bumps in the road, kerbing, etc but since camera is smoothing itself out, it gives the impression of a lot of motion in the seat since it's the closest object to the viewer.  I like watching smoother videos despite the drawbacks.

I'm not talking about a seat or car shaking, I'm talking about a seat physically moving enough to either block or reveal the dash because of cornering force, and as a result of moderate contact with another vehicle.  It's not a camera effect.

I checked my in-car videos and see no shaking of the seat or car and especially no seat movement relative to the camera despite being the same over the shoulder view. One of my cars has a seat slider and the other is solid mounted; both have Kirkey seats and no movement.

41 minutes ago, mender said:

I'm not talking about a seat or car shaking, I'm talking about a seat physically moving enough to either block or reveal the dash because of cornering force, and as a result of moderate contact with another vehicle.  It's not a camera effect.

Sorry, I misread earlier.  Yeah, I see what you mean.  I don't have access to the car to give the seat a good lateral push to check it out but I'll send the car owner a note to give it a couple good shakes.  Thanks for the keen eye, a bit of extra safety is always welcome.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, macheesy said:

Sorry, I misread earlier.  Yeah, I see what you mean.  I don't have access to the car to give the seat a good lateral push to check it out but I'll send the car owner a note to give it a couple good shakes.  Thanks for the keen eye, a bit of extra safety is always welcome.

As Ed said, it might be fine and only flexing at the top. Likely doesn't have a seat brace though.

50 minutes ago, mender said:

As Ed said, it might be fine and only flexing at the top. Likely doesn't have a seat brace though.

Somewhere between fine with some top movement and the camera exaggeration, the seat is legally installed but has no top brace, it has likely gone unnoticed because newer build and how confident it feels when seated.

2 hours ago, Team Infiniti said:

Somewhere between fine with some top movement and the camera exaggeration, the seat is legally installed but has no top brace, it has likely gone unnoticed because newer build and how confident it feels when seated.

I'm out in the shop now...it does have top movement..I have factory sliders on the seat..and that's where I'm getting movement...and you are correct...sitting in it moving back and forth..feels solid.......their is quite a bit of movement at the too of the seat thow

• Like 2

1 minute ago, petethepumper said:

I'm out in the shop now...it does have top movement..I have factory sliders on the seat..and that's where I'm getting movement...and you are correct...sitting in it moving back and forth..feels solid.......their is quite a bit of movement at the too of the seat thow

... going out to the shop to check the Fiero seat (Kirkey on sliders, no brace) ...

• Like 1