Racer28173

Charlotte Championship?? (NOT an official event thread)

12 hours ago, ABR-Glen said:

Is this also the same course we used in the iracing sim league? 

No, thats how you pull a @Wyatt and drive out the wrong pit exit  

• Haha 2

On 10/30/2018 at 9:43 AM, red0 said:

image.png.7d8871a22f38ea9606f5747365e3278b.png

Is this the layout then? If that is the case, it might actually be interesting. 

No

17 minutes ago, Racer28173 said:

I know it is early, but only 3 cars on the list so far.  The race at WGI a month later already has 12 cars......

I wouldn't worry.  The Glen will fill up because it's. well, the Glen.  I luvs the Glen but i will apparently be at both races.  :)

On 10/31/2018 at 12:33 PM, Bill Strong said:

No

Thanks for such a meaningful response :) What is the layout then?

On 10/31/2018 at 11:33 AM, Bill Strong said:

No

Actually, Bill, it could be if we didn't run the chicanes and got rid of your stupid fun-sucking, momentum-killing horseshoe.  Mike had too many fish to fry to address the horseshoe but I'm working on it.  I'd rather run the NASCAR layout (chicanes and all) than that stupid horseshoe.  

Edited by Jer
  • Like 1

On 10/30/2018 at 9:06 AM, Jer said:

I have driven every configuration, and my favorite is with no horseshoe and no chicane.  What a blast!  I will be a hired gun for this one.  I just need a ride. 

Talk to me Brother!!!

On 10/30/2018 at 10:45 AM, red0 said:

Some cones instead of a wall could work :) ..................as long as a team doesn't crush them. 

i-d-hit-that-cone.png

All cones must die!!!

• Like 1

On 10/30/2018 at 9:43 AM, red0 said:

image.png.7d8871a22f38ea9606f5747365e3278b.png

Is this the layout then? If that is the case, it might actually be interesting. 

If you want MR2s to destroy the field, then this is the track.

15 minutes ago, Bill Strong said:

If you want MR2s to destroy the field, then this is the track.  

This looks like the best layout. 

That's what Jer says and a few more of you. 
I like the long course with the section in the middle, I was able to catch the way faster Mustang there because of that section. Without it, he would have been gone. With my car Miata's were of no concern. 3000GTs were of no real concern. 
Maybe not having that section would allow the small cars to stay with the higher HP cars. we will see by the looks of it.

53 minutes ago, Bill Strong said:

That's what Jer says and a few more of you. 
I like the long course with the section in the middle, I was able to catch the way faster Mustang there because of that section. Without it, he would have been gone. With my car Miata's were of no concern. 3000GTs were of no real concern. 
Maybe not having that section would allow the small cars to stay with the higher HP cars. we will see by the looks of it.

As I noted, I have driven both configurations in the Miata.  The problem with the horseshoe is power cars can power out.  Low HP cars struggle to regain the speed.  Even in a Miata I'd much rather run the the course with no horseshoe.  In fact, the first Charlotte race we finished 5th in a Miata with relatively slow drivers.  

Bio is not going.  An MR2 will be lucky to go 1:25 on that track, meaning many more fuel stops.  

Edited by Jer

On 11/21/2018 at 7:55 PM, Bob J said:

Is there a Friday test day at Charlotte?

Highly unlikely.  I do not believe we have had them in the past there.  

The poll was pretty overwhelming, BTW.  If you haven't voted, please do so (poll closes Friday).  33 responses, 28 of them do NOT want the horseshoe.  Of those 28, they were split down the middle on having or not having chicanes.  We are going with no chicanes.  It will be fine, we ran there a few years ago with no chicane and it was a lot of fun and a lot LESS carnage without the chicanes, believe it or not.  

• Like 2

Two and a half months apart!  

Edited by Jer
  • Like 1

On 11/20/2018 at 4:36 PM, Bill Strong said:

3000GTs were of no real concern. 

Those were very short races Bill! If you had not be able to change your hubs/axles every 25 minutes, it would have been a different story....😎😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 11/28/2018 at 10:15 PM, Philippe said:

BTW Charlotte with no chicane, flat out in 3 & 4: scariest corner in all Champdom!

No problem with not having the chicane into 3 & 4, but in my opinion we need the momentum killer chicane on the front prior to the big tire wall entering the infield.  Just my $0.03 (used to be $0.02 when we were Chumpcar so the value of my opinion went up since then).

• Haha 1

On 11/28/2018 at 9:15 PM, Philippe said:

BTW Charlotte with no chicane, flat out in 3 & 4: scariest corner in all Champdom!

Hmmmm still less scary than 12 at Road Atlanta and 2 at Mosport!   

1 hour ago, Burningham said:

No problem with not having the chicane into 3 & 4, but in my opinion we need the momentum killer chicane on the front prior to the big tire wall entering the infield.  Just my $0.03 (used to be $0.02 when we were Chumpcar so the value of my opinion went up since then).

Just slow down a lot, it'll be fine.  :)

38 minutes ago, Jer said:

still less scary than 12 at Road Atlanta

You eventually get used to 12, not so much that lil bump in nascar 3 and the g force of 4

• Like 3