45.   Turek Motorsports 758 1993 BMW 325is
46.   Two Tom\'s Racing 409 1984 Nissan Pulsar NX
47.   Unicorn Goes Around You 998 1992 MAZDA MIATA
48.   USS Enterprise 65 1972 Ford LTD
49.   Warrior Racing 897 1993 Mazda Miata
50.   Where\\\'s John 98 1990 Acura Integra
51.   Widow Maker 279 1990 Honda Civic
52.   Winsome Racing 258 1986 BMW E30

The 2018 season is winding down and VIR kicks off a busy month of racing in December.  It's time for the Eights on North!

Thanksgiving is over.  Christmas is coming up.  Hopefully, you managed to save a little time to prep your race car for this event.  It will be frosty out there in the morning for this race, but keep your fingers crossed for the sun as the day wears on.  Read on to get some info to make your weekend a little easier. 

Gates - Gates will open at 10am Friday for all teams, HOWEVER, you will not be able to get into the North paddock until 5:30pm.  VIR is hosting their annual charity laps on Friday and will be using the North paddock.  Vehicles will stage in South paddock where tech and registration will be held until it is time to move over to North paddock. 

Paddock - Paddock space is first come, first served.  

Weather - It will quite likely dip below freezing at night, so we are allowing teams to run a 10% antifreeze solution in their radiators for this event.

Lights - No headlights are required for this event as we will be checkering the race at 4pm each day.  

Tech - If you have not had your 2018 annual tech yet, bring your car through tech when you arrive.  Bring all your paperwork filled out.  Make sure you have read the rules.  Swap cars with no paperwork will likely be put in EC.  Tech opens at Noon on Friday.   

Registration - Make sure you tech first, then bring your yellow logbook and tech sheet signed by us directly to registration.  Before you arrive, log in and check your driver roster for accuracy.  Make any corrections ahead of time.  If you are fully paid with the correct drivers, check-in is a 3-minute process.  If you are not coming (work issue, car issue, etc), email me to let me know you will not be there.

Novice School - 4pm Friday, 2nd floor South timing tower.

Pit Assignments - Here are your pit assignments.    

A reminder: read through and print out the Supplemental Rules for this event here.

If you have any questions about registration, please contact Katherine Miller here.  Any other questions you can contact me here.

We're looking forward to seeing you all in VA!

The ChampCar Staff   

Team Racebar / Lasershark will be hosting a potluck bbq Saturday evening. We've hosted a party at previous races with great success. As always, the corner workers, Vir staff, champcar staff, and all racers, crewmembers, groupies, children, distant relatives, and pets are all welcome to participate. Our plan is to smoke 70 lbs of pork shoulder and bring a pony keg. If anyone is interested in bringing buns, sides, beer, or meat, pm me or post here! The party will be a great opportunity to recover from a long day of racing!

IMG_20180810_201306.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Looks like a good group of cars AND @Bill Strong's Opel. Ha!!

@Jim we are gonna rock that communal dining w/ y'all for sure. Keep me down for a wild card spot since I live close by and can scoop up emergency supplies or just let me know what you want me to bring. 

I'm looking forward to seeing that big Goggles Paisano 5 series. Sounds like a cool car. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bill Strong said:

We are actually bringing the Yellow MR2. My son and an IMSA racer are driving it. I may grab a stint or two.

That's sounds pretty fun. Let me know if you get too busy and need a butt  in that seat, because I have it on great authority that I am all butt. 

See you up there!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If you aren’t sure about signing up for this race......  do it!!   It is a small track but is very fun with some great turns that are both fun and challenging.  I almost like North better than the full course.  

Just dont park your RV in the paddock if you want to sleep.  That race bar party never ends and they have some LOUD music. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Jim said:

Hey stig. Racing is an excuse to drink beer. Lighten up

What the heck did you just hecking say about me, you little punk? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Skip Barber, and I've been involved in numerous HPD event, and I have over 9000 confirmed purple sectors to my name. I am trained in advanced trail braking and heel-toe technique and have won multiple track days. You are nothing to me but another car being lapped. I will dive bomb you up the inside with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my hecking words. You think you can get away with telling me to lighten up? Think again, pal.

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Teh STiG said:

What the heck did you just hecking say about me, you little punk? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Skip Barber, and I've been involved in numerous HPD event, and I have over 9000 confirmed purple sectors to my name. I am trained in advanced trail braking and heel-toe technique and have won multiple track days. You are nothing to me but another car being lapped. I will dive bomb you up the inside with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my hecking words. You think you can get away with telling me to lighten up? Think again, pal.

Ok dude. Our drivers graduated in the top of the bottom third of their classes. We've been involved in an average of .4 hpde events. Have you heard of the 100 keg club? Yeah we started that. You can dive bomb us all you want, we will just move over and let you pass. I say we have a drinking contest. Then see who has the biggest balls.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jim said:

You mean Veronica? Totally not creepy. Look how much this guy loves her!

IMG_20180810_200719.jpg

I just want let you all know that i am offended and I think that you all are just a complete dissapointment to the SERIOUS racing community.  I like to get lots of sleep before I perform on the racetrack I think there should be a curfew at the racetrack and the cars should have noise limits including mufflers.  I also saw some wiring on this car that I think is in strict violation of RAS 101.4.Fv2 standards.  This team deeply penetrates my very professional racing pedigree.  I will not participate, ever.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Richard Cockschott said:

I just want let you all know that i am offended and I think that you all are just a complete dissapointment to the SERIOUS racing community.  I like to get lots of sleep before I perform on the racetrack I think there should be a curfew at the racetrack and the cars should have noise limits including mufflers.  I also saw some wiring on this car that I think is in strict violation of RAS 101.4.Fv2 standards.  This team deeply penetrates my very professional racing pedigree.  I will not participate, ever.

Richard,

May I call you dick? I think you may have been misled or misinformed about the seriousness of race bar in regards to racing. I've included a photo which demonstrates our commitment to racing. You will see in this photo several porsches racing in the same general area as racebar. Proof that we take racing seriously. In the second photo, you will see that we are experts in electrical engineering. Racebar contains a total of 10 miles of wiring. Some of these wires even have a purpose! You might also note the extra large gear shifter (repurposed from an  alcohol beverage dispenser mind you....we are environmentally  friendly!). This  large shifter gives us a unique competitive advantage in shifting and has reduced our shift times by up to 45 percent in testing. So dick, It should be clear that we do, in fact, take racing and car building seriously.  I hope this clears up some of the confusion surrounding the professionalism of racebar.

Sincerely,

Team Racebar

Screenshot_20181102-234502.png

00000IMG_00000_BURST20171022165048368_COVER~2.jpg

Edited by Jim
Grammer
  • Haha 4

I get the feeling that Jim is creating new forum users so that he can have an amusing argument with these "protesters".  😆

So my goal of promoting this race has gotten highjacked a bit by a somewhat humorous faux argument.  Seriously - sign up for this race.  And just as seriously, don't park your RV in the paddock if you want to sleep.  I've got nothing against a good party, but I just wish I hadn't parked nearby the last time it went on.  So just a public service announcement, not a slam.....

Edited by Racer28173
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Racer28173 said:

I get the feeling that Jim is creating new forum users so that he can have an amusing argument with these "protesters".  😆

So my goal of promoting this race has gotten highjacked a bit by a somewhat humorous faux argument.  Seriously - sign up for this race.  And just as seriously, don't park your RV in the paddock if you want to sleep.  I've got nothing against a good party, but I just wish I hadn't parked nearby the last time it went on.  So just a public service announcement, not a slam.....

All in good fun 🙂

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Racer28173 said:

I get the feeling that Jim is creating new forum users so that he can have an amusing argument with these "protesters".  

Please don’t lump me in with these reckless hooligans. I run a tight ship and keep my equipment neat. I clean brake dust off my rims after every session when I run with PCA. I’m also Facebook friends with at least ten IMSA drivers.

Edited by Teh STiG
  • Haha 2