Bill Strong

Official The Stars Fell on the Alabama Grand Prix 2018

8 minutes ago, Burningham said:

Oh yeah, that's right. 

On a related note, I see you are in the pits with us.  Now you get to see up close all our cheaty moves.  You planning on 2 hour stints?

We'll be taking notes for sure. :)   And we should be on a two hour schedule.    Looking forward to hanging out a little.

6 minutes ago, JDChristianson said:

We'll be taking notes for sure. :)   And we should be on a two hour schedule.    Looking forward to hanging out a little.

Hey @Jab31169, are y'all gonna be on 2 hour stints?

1 hour ago, Burningham said:

Hey @Jab31169, are y'all gonna be on 2 hour stints?

We can normally do 2 hour stints at Barber without issue.  Hopefully our motor holds together...

50 minutes ago, Jab31169 said:

We can normally do 2 hour stints at Barber without issue.  Hopefully our motor holds together...

Ok, reason i ask is we will have to figure how to fill 5 cars in 4 spots at the same time. Dan, y’all, us, Jeff, and Rich/Scott will all be there at the same time. 

Edited by Burningham

2 hours ago, Burningham said:

Ok, reason i ask is we will have to figure how to fill 5 cars in 4 spots at the same time. Dan, y’all, us, Jeff, and Rich/Scott will all be there at the same time. 

Gotcha, we are pretty flexible and can figure something out. 

Hey, lets just have one refuel team to refuel all 5 cars so only 2 guys really have to get wet.  I'll hand the gas cans over the wall.

The key to all of us at once might be to work together, meaning handing fuel over and even angle parking with nose out. 

We have raced in a few now with double pits and it works if carefully done and you won't mind getting yelled at. :-)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Turd Ferguson said:

We all are looking at new helmets for this weekend..........

Dive Helmet.jpg

Welcome back, excellent forum helmet!

1 hour ago, 55mini said:

The key to all of us at once might be to work together, meaning handing fuel over and even angle parking with nose out. 

We have raced in a few now with double pits and it works if carefully done and you won't mind getting yelled at. :-)

All sounds good in theory, usually goes out the window in practice, like you said it usually involves somebody getting yelled at.  As long as the rest of y'all don't get in our way, everything will be just fine.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Burningham said:

As long as the rest of y'all don't get in our way

Remember I'm the wrench and carry a big hammer

14 minutes ago, Burningham said:

you drive a miata

I wish I did, kind of hard being just the wrench

3 minutes ago, 55mini said:

I wish I did, kind of hard being just the wrench

You mean they don’t let you drive? I would protest. 

2 minutes ago, Burningham said:

I would protest

That involves the wife, seems she has the final say :-)

Just now, 55mini said:

That involves the wife, seems she has the final say 🙂

Oh, nevermind then. Forget everything I said above. 

• Like 1

Just a heads up to those coming in town, you might want to avoid the Hoover area around the Galleria.  We've had a lot of protests going on with actual people blocking roads and the interstates in that area at random.  Just an FYI  

1 hour ago, cowboys647 said:

We are going to have two of our drivers not show up until late Friday night. Will they be able to tech their safety equipment on Saturday morning?

Yes, see Katherine or Jackie at Registration Saturday morning. They’ll do it if you’re nice to them. ;) You certainly don’t want your drivers getting to Pit Out without the stickers on the helmets. Jackie will turn them away and you’ll lose laps. I had 3 at Pit Out at VIR. I got tired of running to Registration for stickers. Was about ready to issue 5 minute penalties to anyone else coming with out them. 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, cowboys647 said:

Thanks! Last question, do we just need to bring our logbook to registration since we have already been teched at VIR or do we need to tech each race?

Just have the team captain bring the logbook to registration if there have been no changes to the car. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, cowboys647 said:

We are going to have two of our drivers not show up until late Friday night. Will they be able to tech their safety equipment on Saturday morning?

Have they raced with ChampCar before? If not they need to meet with me before they can go out.

Dana

• Thanks 1

On 12/3/2018 at 4:34 PM, 55mini said:

Remember I'm the wrench and carry a big hammer

Also important to know, Mark works on English cars where a 12 lb sledge is considered an SU carburettor adjustment tool.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 55mini said:

Rain, let it rain..... let it rain......

Agreed, after running in it last weekend I can't wait to watch others do it this weekend!