Bill Strong

Official New Year's Celebration at Sebring Double 7-Hour Enduro

9 minutes ago, Snake said:

Has anyone received garage and pit assignments yet?  We're only a week away. 

Nope

Reminder sent

Edited by Team Infiniti

42 minutes ago, Team Infiniti said:

Nope

Reminder sent

Every time I get close to being done, more people sign up. Not the worst problem to have, but it's a thing.

I'm trying to do something nice for this race, so don't worry, they'll be out soon.

Dana

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

42 minutes ago, DuncanDana said:

Every time I get close to being done, more people sign up. Not the worst problem to have, but it's a thing.

I'm trying to do something nice for this race, so don't worry, they'll be out soon.

Dana

Ayup. That would be us idiots, the 'Das Idiots' as one of those teams signing up late. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

This race is looking a little more likely.  Went from this last weekend:

654441587_SC300frontoff.thumb.jpg.7af6785471d373fda6ef5f45ae599355.jpg

To this this afternoon:

994750337_SC300backtogether.thumb.jpg.1bb612e0507161a0a214c319f62ceeeb.jpg

Certainly not perfect, but back together.  A lot of loose ends remain, no mechanical prep yet given the frame and body work the last week or so.  Unless we run into something unknown mechanically from the Barber wreck, we should be racing.

Edited by Burningham
  • Like 10

13 hours ago, Team Infiniti said:

You can skip the headlights

for sure, they were on my to-do list then i remembered we'll be done racing in time for dinner!

3 minutes ago, Burningham said:

Unless  it rains. Then it is nice to have a headlight to let people know you’re catching them. 

drive fast, take chances.

1 hour ago, Burningham said:

Unless  it rains. Then it is nice to have a headlight to let people know you’re catching them. 

Atleast your car is a nice bright color that shows up on the cloudy misty days of winter..............oh wait..  :)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, JDChristianson said:

Atleast your car is a nice bright color that shows up on the cloudy misty days of winter..............oh wait..  :)

And even better now, at least before you came to Barber and made it rain we had an orange stripe down the hood you could see. Now totally stealth mode. 

1 hour ago, Burningham said:

And even better now, at least before you came to Barber and made it rain we had an orange stripe down the hood you could see. Now totally stealth mode. 

Haha.  You must know my wife, everything’s my fault.  😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Burningham said:

Just lower the priority of the headlight repair, bring the pieces along for those free moments of setup day.

57 minutes ago, E. Tyler Pedersen said:

I am loaded and ready to head south. 31 degrees today so get me out of the cold. We will be in Sending on Friday morning. 

And I have quite the beer collection accruing for you. We'll be doing a nonstop drive across the country in a diesel VW Jetta station wagon, uploading ECU data every 24 hours. 

38 hours. 

40+ mpg.

+600 mile range.

Goal: Apollo Beach Florida on Thursday. Sebring on Friday. Pretty sure it will be epic on some level. 

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, E. Tyler Pedersen said:

Valdosta tonight is where we stopped. 15 hours and 915 miles later. 

Give em hell Tyler!  

59 minutes ago, E. Tyler Pedersen said:

Give em hell Tyler!  

9 hours ago, E. Tyler Pedersen said:

Since we are going to be pitmates, if you get there before me text me the best place to park, near a power pole.  

I'll head that way from B'ham after checking alignment, hope to get 4 or 5 hours in before I stop tonight but moving slow this morning so it may not happen.  Feels weird not having my normal posse to head to a race with, Casey and Chris are sitting this one out.  But, having @Huggy and @Hurljohn instead should mean a good race as long as the pig holds together.

Hey, everybody who reads this that is in the race, if you are interested in giving updates on your team for the live broadcast get with me or Doc.  I printed out sheets with instructions on what to do for the Barber race but failed to print them again for this race.  Basically you form a text group with all on your team who can give updates, include Tiffany in the group, put the name of your team in the first text so she will know who it is from.  Text basic updates like who is in the car, any problems, anything semi-interesting going on, etc.  Just pm me and I'll pass along her number to text to.

Edited by Burningham
text updates
  • Like 3

On 12/26/2018 at 7:58 AM, Burningham said:

Hey, everybody who reads this that is in the race, if you are interested in giving updates on your team for the live broadcast get with me or Doc.  I printed out sheets with instructions on what to do for the Barber race but failed to print them again for this race.  Basically you form a text group with all on your team who can give updates, include Tiffany in the group, put the name of your team in the first text so she will know who it is from.  Text basic updates like who is in the car, any problems, anything semi-interesting going on, etc.  Just pm me and I'll pass along her number to text to.

I am bringing the leftover sheets from Barber....Sheets, yes. There was no leftover beer.

We drowned our sorrows in it so it was watered down anyway...

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Doc said:

I am bringing the leftover sheets from Barber....Sheets, yes. There was no leftover beer.

We drowned our sorrows in it so it was watered down anyway...

So the water spots on the sheets will be tears? :lol: 

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, pintodave said:

So the water spots on the sheets will be tears? :lol: 

I had to throw those out. They were soaked and attracting deer.

• Haha 1