Jump to content
Bill Strong

2019 Official Indianapolis Motor Speedway Double 10-Hour Enduro

Recommended Posts

Trying to interpret the latest and greatest schedule.  I might have missed this but do we NEED the haulers to be there at 8:30am on Friday to get their parking assignments, and then move in starting at 9am?  Or can we show up later?  We have a garage so assuming we already have a parking spot assigned. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we instruct on the practice day at Indy or have right seat passengers as long as they are champcar registered for the Indy weekend? 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, skierman64 said:

Can we instruct on the practice day at Indy or have right seat passengers as long as they are champcar registered for the Indy weekend? 

 

You might want to check the sups as there is no practice.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, so really.  How about a little more information on the fuel purchase situation?  Although I trust our series management to arrange the best situation they can, they must have a little more info on this process than what has been communicated so far.  As a competitor I like to know all that I can.  What I am asking for is not the dual keys to the nuclear arsenal, only want to know how this is going to work, when, how much, etc. 

Edited by Burningham
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lol.

11 hours ago, Racer28173 said:

#FyreFestival?

 

 

The fuel trucks will be setup on Friday afternoon. 
Mike will have a chat with the fuel guy next week. Or today, I forgot exactly what he said.

The sheriff is to stop the traffic, that can get really bad during rush hour, and allow you to cross the street from the parking lot to the infield with no stopping. They do this with the big guys (Indy Cars, NASCAR) too. 

The people at Indy, just like the people at ChampCar want you guys to have the best time of your life racing on this iconic track. They are old school and have done stuff a certain way for decades. It works here. So we play bt their rules. Once they see how we do thing, maybe they will loosen up a bit next year. we will see. 
So far, from my side of things, it has been a huge undertaking, but one that has been awesome to partake in. Every minute is planned. Nothing is left to chance.
I think you guys need to start sorting out how you are going to beat the RBank team, and less about how you are going to sneak in 500 gallons of 110 octane fuel for your "low compression" 944/Nissan v6 and 100 cases of Busch Beer.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Bill Strong said:

I think you guys need to start sorting out how you are going to beat the RBank team, and less about how you are going to sneak in 500 gallons of 110 octane fuel for your "low compression" 944/Nissan v6 and 100 cases of Busch Beer.

 

I don’t want to sneak in 500 gal of 110 octane gas or 100 cases of beer. What I did want to know was when we would be able to get fuel, how many cans I can fill, can I fill a drum so I have a full day of fuel and not have to purchase during the race, how many cans I will need to bring, just stuff like that. You answered that before your last paragraph.  

 

Edit: thanks for the fueling information. I like to have things somewhat scripted and that information, although not completely clear, is very helpful in my planning. 

Edited by Burningham

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Bill Strong said:

I think you guys need to start sorting out how you are going to beat the RBank team, and less about how you are going to sneak in 500 gallons of 110 octane fuel for your "low compression" 944/Nissan v6 and 100 cases of Busch Beer.

 

I think for most of us, we just want to have our proverbial ducks in a row and have a plan for who does what when we get there.  This has less to do with us sneaking in fuel and more to do with your customers/stakeholders asking you for more details about a fueling process for which most of us have never been a part of.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bill Strong said:

lol.

 

 

The fuel trucks will be setup on Friday afternoon. 
Mike will have a chat with the fuel guy next week. Or today, I forgot exactly what he said.

The sheriff is to stop the traffic, that can get really bad during rush hour, and allow you to cross the street from the parking lot to the infield with no stopping. They do this with the big guys (Indy Cars, NASCAR) too. 

The people at Indy, just like the people at ChampCar want you guys to have the best time of your life racing on this iconic track. They are old school and have done stuff a certain way for decades. It works here. So we play bt their rules. Once they see how we do thing, maybe they will loosen up a bit next year. we will see. 
So far, from my side of things, it has been a huge undertaking, but one that has been awesome to partake in. Every minute is planned. Nothing is left to chance.
I think you guys need to start sorting out how you are going to beat the RBank team, and less about how you are going to sneak in 500 gallons of 110 octane fuel for your "low compression" 944/Nissan v6 and 100 cases of Busch Beer.

Bill thanks for all you Mike and all the people at ChampCar do to put on our races & especially Indy. I know mostly what you guys are going through but it was much worse when USAC was in charge! We dealt with the same issues minimal food, no beer, no outside catering, $5,000-$10,000 motorcoach spots, don't go here, don't go there, wheres your badge.......Can't wait for Indy lots of memories from there & really can't believe that I am going to have a chance to race there!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Burningham said:

 

I don’t want to sneak in 500 gal of 110 octane gas or 100 cases of beer. What I did want to know was when we would be able to get fuel, how many cans I can fill, can I fill a drum so I have a full day of fuel and not have to purchase during the race, how many cans I will need to bring, just stuff like that. You answered that before your last paragraph.  

 

Edit: thanks for the fueling information. I like to have things somewhat scripted and that information, although not completely clear, is very helpful in my planning. 

 

what I would do, If I was able to get my MR2 entered, is I would take my 55 gallon drum over and fill it up. Then just go back to my paddock when I needed fuel and just fill my just drained 8 hunsuckers and 6 dumpcans from my two 55-gallon drums.. That's how I would attack this game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Bill Strong said:

 

what I would do, If I was able to get my MR2 entered, is I would take my 55 gallon drum over and fill it up. Then just go back to my paddock when I needed fuel and just fill my just drained 8 hunsuckers and 6 dumpcans from my two 55-gallon drums.. That's how I would attack this game.

 

Sounds like a good plan. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Odd question, my membership expires on 7-10-2019.  I want to renew but when I click on the renew link, it wont let me renew until my current membership expires.  Can we fix that glitch so I can give you guys $25 bucks now so I don't have to do it when I'm on the road to Indy?

 

@Bill Strong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bill Strong said:

is $50 per year now. we dont do the 6 month ones anymore.

 

Whatever the cost, it dont matter, I just want to be able to pay before I come up but it wont let me because my current membership has not expiredCapture.thumb.JPG.ebc0304a9f1e967de0dcfaf44077af19.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the way Mike does it, is to send him the fee via paypal and then he manually does it. It's not a glitch, it keeps us from having to refund money because people forget when they pay.
I don't have mikes paypal right now. email mike at info@champcar.org

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bill Strong said:

I think the way Mike does it, is to send him the fee via paypal and then he manually does it. It's not a glitch, it keeps us from having to refund money because people forget when they pay.
I don't have mikes paypal right now. email mike at info@champcar.org

 

Thanks Homie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kudos to everyone who put in the time and effort required to allow us to race on what I consider hallowed ground. When I attended my first day of qualifying in 1978, I fell in love with the  Indianapolis Motor Speedway, and never dreamed of being able to turn laps on the same surface as my heroes. Michael S., Fernando A., Rick M., AJ, Emmo, Scott D., Mario, the Unsers,  ad infinitum. I was thrilled to have the opportunity to drive at Sebring, Daytona, Barber, AMP, NCM, and  Road Atlanta, but for me this will be the biggest thrill yet.

 

We even washed the car and cleaned the brake dust off the wheels.

 

Can't wait for our team picture on the yard of bricks.

 

Thanks again to all who made this possible.

 

Mick R.

#970 ODOR (old dudes out racing) Motor Group

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For everyone coming into Indy from the Central Time zone especially if you're driving in Friday morning.  Don't forget Indianapolis is in the Eastern time zone in the summer.  

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To confirm one point in the supps, it reads that Gate 2 will be the only entrance to the track open for the weekend. So even if you're camping round by Gate 6, that gate/tunnel won't be open and so you'll have to drive round to Entrance 2 to get access to the infield/pits?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/25/2019 at 3:32 PM, Round3Racing said:

Sheriff escorts, no BBQs, no beer, stay within the red box, no track walk, no golf carts, be out by 9:00 PM....IMS must think that we're a bunch of animals.

EDIT:  Team photo at the Yard of Bricks is a nice touch, though.

 

Watching your video it seemed like a lot of corners were 2nd gear corners, are they really that slow or was I counting the number of gears incorrectly.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, skierman64 said:

Watching your video it seemed like a lot of corners were 2nd gear corners, are they really that slow or was I counting the number of gears incorrectly.  

The last corner before the front straight is the only corner where a BMW with normal trans / diff / engine could use 2nd gear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, enginerd said:

The last corner before the front straight is the only corner where a BMW with normal trans / diff / engine could use 2nd gear.

 

Thanks, I need to find some in car BMW videos. I learn a lot more from in car views than roof or bumper cams. I want to watch the driver too.

Edited by skierman64

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...