Bill Strong

2019 Official Indianapolis Motor Speedway Double 10-Hour Enduro

Enough about gas supply and prices. I want to know if milk will be supplied at the winner circle and can we “kiss” the bricks?

Tom M 

523 Sweetwater Racing

• Like 2

Every team gets a chance to kiss the bricks with a pro photographer taking a pic

Edited by skierman64

On 6/29/2019 at 4:02 PM, skierman64 said:

Closer to being series legal. 

C'mon man, show us the rest that got you legal.

What about those new taco gussets on your door bars - LOL!

Edited by mcoppola

Skierman64 posted some questions a few weeks back about the gusset requirement for doors bars that are X style with a break in 1 of tubes at the intersection. 

Cool Breeze Motorsports was happy to work with Mike (Skierman64) to provide him with some .095" gussets to help them meet that requirement.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by mcoppola
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, mcoppola said:

Skierman64 posted some questions a few weeks back about the gusset requirement for doors bars that are X style with a break in 1 of tubes at the intersection. 

Cool Breeze Motorsports was happy to work with Mike (Skierman64) to provide him with some .095" gussets to help them meet that requirement.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Nice quality pieces, thanks Mike. They get welded on tomorrow.  I will post some installed pics. 

I highly recommend working with Mike on these pieces if you need some reinforcement for your cage. 

• Thanks 1

Freakin can't wait....   

Will the team photo thing on Friday have a cost and how much?

• Like 1

Yay, sigh.... I sure wish I would not have squandered the last month and went ahead and finished getting the car and trailer ready. 

1 hour ago, Burningham said:

Yay, sigh.... I sure wish I would not have squandered the last month and went ahead and finished getting the car and trailer ready. 

See, should have come out to Willow. Didn’t do anything anyhow. 

From the supps:

You may not bring large quantities of food into the track, nor will you be allowed to have catered food or alcohol.

Does this mean "no catered alcohol" or "no alcohol". Because our "impound toolkit" always includes a case of cheap beer.. and we plan to be on jack stands in impound :)

@Bill Strong

• Like 1

7 hours ago, enginerd said:

From the supps:

Does this mean "no catered alcohol" or "no alcohol". Because our "impound toolkit" always includes a case of cheap beer.. and we plan to be on jack stands in impound :)

@Bill Strong

You know that saying about how no question is a dumb question?......... Whoever said it was wrong. 

• Haha 1

On 6/29/2019 at 9:11 PM, skierman64 said:

Every team gets a chance to kiss the bricks with a pro photographer taking a pic

Define "PRO". Because you guys have not paid me a single penny for my blurry pictures of your damn race cars going 48 mph down the front straight!

15 hours ago, Justin9 said:

Freakin can't wait....   

Will the team photo thing on Friday have a cost and how much?

It's free. You guys have already been hit with lots of fees. I will post all images on our google account so you can download. Depending on the internet connection they may be available after the friday events.
Or Monday. Maybe Tuesday.

9 hours ago, enginerd said:

From the supps:

@Bill Strong

Beer is a good cleaner. 
But... If you try and kiss the reporter with the microphone during your 3.2%ABV stupor after the race, I will punch you! That only happens to me once... maybe twice... 
:)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bill Strong said:

Beer is a good cleaner. 
But... If you try and kiss the reporter with the microphone during your 3.2%ABV stupor after the race, I will punch you! That only happens to me once... maybe twice... 

It. Would Be (and Was). Totally. Worth. It. 

Edited by FlorahDorah
  • Haha 2

Indy Supps updated with the latest email, and with garage/pit assignments.
The garage assignments will be updated again on Friday as Mike is selling more garages. If you want one, please email info@champcar.org
68 of 96 garages are now sold.

Garages are $200 for the weekend.

amb.jpeg

The TireRack.com Indy Double 10-Hour Enduro Tip Of The Day!

Transponders - If you entered a transponder number (or entered anything really) while you were registering we assume you’re bringing your own. Please verify that you have entered the correct number or that you reserved a transponder if you’re not supplying your own. If you use a subscription-based MyLaps X2 transponder, make sure your subscription is current. When your subscription ends, the X2 will not count laps!

10 hours ago, enginerd said:

@Bill Strong

Its easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission, isnt that how it goes?:D

Edited by Gkuhn41
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Bill Strong said:

amb.jpeg

The TireRack.com Indy Double 10-Hour Enduro Tip Of The Day!

Transponders - If you entered a transponder number (or entered anything really) while you were registering we assume you’re bringing your own. Please verify that you have entered the correct number or that you reserved a transponder if you’re not supplying your own. If you use a subscription-based MyLaps X2 transponder, make sure your subscription is current. When your subscription ends, the X2 will not count laps!

Hey Bill, do you know if there will be a way to check transponders Friday?  I renewed my stupid X2 subscription in May and I hope I got it all loaded on the transponder but would like to check it out if possible.

Since it didn't make it into the supps, what time is the track opening for getting in the fuel line on saturday if we can't fuel friday? Can we drive a truck up to the tanker with drums for the weekend? 

Has anyone done the math for filling time before the race to make sure it works out for as many teams as are there?

40 minutes ago, Bill Strong said:

Beer is a good cleaner. 

Damian-Lewis-Worth-it.gif

34 minutes ago, macheesy said:

Since it didn't make it into the supps, what time is the track opening for getting in the fuel line on saturday if we can't fuel friday? Can we drive a truck up to the tanker with drums for the weekend? 

Has anyone done the math for filling time before the race to make sure it works out for as many teams as are there?

Mike Chisek says...

"The pumps will be open Friday, Times to be determined.
The same with Saturday and Sunday."