Bill Strong

2019 Official Indianapolis Motor Speedway Double 10-Hour Enduro

13 hours ago, Jab31169 said:

34nzn3.jpg

My brother calls it his tractor fund.  He wants to buy a tractor and so he squirrels away money here and there.  Eventually it adds up to a decent chunk of change and then the wife doesn't freak out about the cost of X or Y.

Inevitably he gets caught, just like the rest of us, LOL

• Haha 1

yes. My wife pointed out yesterday that all the money I spent on racing the past ten years would have easily paid for my two kids to go to University. 
I almost responded back that it could have paid for all four of my kids college, but felt wise to just agree with her.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Bill Strong said:

yes. My wife pointed out yesterday that all the money I spent on racing the past ten years would have easily paid for my two kids to go to University. 
I almost responded back that it could have paid for all four of my kids college, but felt wise to just agree with her.

Is it possible you're getting smarter? 

no.

Because shortly after that Ian and Hannah were in the Avalon, and Aimee and I were in the M3, stopped at a traffic signal, side by side, one thing let to another, and I beat Ian by just a smidge. But we both got cussed and yelled at by our significant others.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bill Strong said:

Define "PRO". Because you guys have not paid me a single penny for my blurry pictures of your damn race cars going 48 mph down the front straight!

It's free. You guys have already been hit with lots of fees. I will post all images on our google account so you can download. Depending on the internet connection they may be available after the friday events.
Or Monday. Maybe Tuesday.

Beer is a good cleaner. 
But... If you try and kiss the reporter with the microphone during your 3.2%ABV stupor after the race, I will punch you! That only happens to me once... maybe twice... 
:)

I'm pretty sure I got you after nelsons last year....

7 hours ago, Burningham said:

Hey Bill, do you know if there will be a way to check transponders Friday?  I renewed my stupid X2 subscription in May and I hope I got it all loaded on the transponder but would like to check it out if possible.

This is a good question. We would like to check ours as well on Friday.

If it is a non subscription type, you can check it by holding it near an am radio.  If it's working, you'll see what I mean.

Doesn't mean it's mounted without interference on the car, but give a an indication that the transponder is actually emitting a signal.

• Like 2

No experience with the 2x but I am ASSuming the xponder never stops working without subscription, it is the receiver that goes dumb when it sees a out of date situation.

1 hour ago, wvumtnbkr said:

If it is a non subscription type, you can check it by holding it near an am radio.  If it's working, you'll see what I mean.

Doesn't mean it's mounted without interference on the car, but give a an indication that the transponder is actually emitting a signal.

It is a non subscription and the green LED has stopped working. I did perform the test you mentioned and the AM Radio does respond when the transponder is passed in front of it so I assume that the LED has just burned out. Thanks for confirming. It would be nice to test on Friday though!!

From Chisek...
Jay has a tester in tech.  They also can walk it over the pit timing loop on Friday.  T&S will be up and running all day.
Find an official to walk with you and they can radio to T&S to see if it pops along pit road.
You can't go into the tower at Indy.

9 minutes ago, Bill Strong said:

From Chisek...
Jay has a tester in tech.  They also can walk it over the pit timing loop on Friday.  T&S will be up and running all day.
Find an official to walk with you and they can radio to T&S to see if it pops along pit road.
You can't go into the tower at Indy.

So for me, the only way to check this stupid X2 unit would be for Jay to check it?  Stupid X2.

Working on my end of Indy prep. We are tight on travel space, so @Team Infiniti is keeping me on a short leash. A keg is apparently off limits.

@wvumtnbkr I looked for some Terrapin Liquid Bliss to no avail, must be out of season? I figured it was a coin toss on whether or not you have tried DuClaw Sweet Baby Jesus Peanut-Butter Porter... I bought two just in case. One for you, one for me. 

Picked up 12 Maduro Brown's for shared consumption/bartering material with you jokers. It is pretty much what I used to judge all other brown ale. 

beer.jpg

Edited by pintodave
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, pintodave said:

We are tight on travel space

If you can fit it under the back seat of your plus cab chevy it is allowed, your gear may need to go in back of the truck or stuffed in racecar, bring garbage bags...

What is this sweet baby stuff you have?🤩

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, pintodave said:

I can get more!

Rob will enjoy the SBJ, we just struggle to find Liquid Bliss both here in PA and down in SC.  

Speaking of beer, anyone coming from Wisconsin willing to drag a case of Spotted Cow to IMS?  I could trade something from PA or pay cash.  I'll be bringing a couple mixed cases from our local micro brewery for general post race use.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, bbaker480 said:

Rob will enjoy the SBJ, we just struggle to find Liquid Bliss both here in PA and down in SC.  

Speaking of beer, anyone coming from Wisconsin willing to drag a case of Spotted Cow to IMS?  I could trade something from PA or pay cash.  I'll be bringing a couple mixed cases from our local micro brewery for general post race use.

Talk to Thomas ;)

41 minutes ago, bbaker480 said:

we just struggle to find Liquid Bliss both here in PA and down in SC.  

If I should find some, I'll surprise y'all. Bah, I'm terrible with beer secrets, I'll post it up if I do lol. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bbaker480 said:

Cans or bottles Two Brothers Racing will have you covered.

• Like 1

Mmmmm beer....

I'll grab some local to Charleston sc stuff.  I'm thinking some pluff mud porter and some ipa from holy city brewing.  

I am not a fan of bitter ales, so I hope what I pick is good for yall! 

23 hours ago, Bill Strong said:

It's free. You guys have already been hit with lots of fees. I will post all images on our google account so you can download. Depending on the internet connection they may be available after the friday events.

Cool...   I'm guessing it's just foot traffic only, no cars for pics?

In that case, does anyone know where I can get a huge cardboard or foam board printout of my Firebird before the race?  😁

23 hours ago, Bill Strong said:

Cool...   I'm guessing it's just foot traffic only, no cars for pics?

In that case, does anyone know where I can get a huge cardboard or foam board printout of my Firebird before the race?  😁

• Like 1

Now that would be cool! 
RVA Graphics can do one for you.
Contact Tyler Marsh  tmarsh@woodfinstores.com for pricing. 

• Haha 1

Just for clarification on golf carts...

So I have a golf cart. It is street legal (windshield, horn, headlights, turn signals, brake lights, plate light, seat belts), titled, registered/plated and insured in OH. I have the registration and insurance card in the cart. 

Indiana allows golf carts on the roads.

We have the RV at the legion and will have spare parts there, etc... I will have my 5x8 trailer able to be pulled by it and/or my smaller pit cart.

Am I able to use a red or yellow tag on it and haul things to the paddock and then park it in the appropriate parking place - or is it absolutely no carts period, regardless of street legality?

30 minutes ago, notbob said:

Just for clarification on golf carts...

So I have a golf cart. It is street legal (windshield, horn, headlights, turn signals, brake lights, plate light, seat belts), titled, registered/plated and insured in OH. I have the registration and insurance card in the cart. 

Indiana allows golf carts on the roads.

We have the RV at the legion and will have spare parts there, etc... I will have my 5x8 trailer able to be pulled by it and/or my smaller pit cart.

Am I able to use a red or yellow tag on it and haul things to the paddock and then park it in the appropriate parking place - or is it absolutely no carts period, regardless of street legality?

Maybe you can call it a “golf car” and park it in the vehicle parking lot. Don’t expect to drive it anywhere except the actual roads and parking lots. I’m guessing that is the issue they are avoiding, they don’t want vehicles in walking areas. 

Edited by enginerd

52 minutes ago, enginerd said:

Maybe you can call it a “golf car” and park it in the vehicle parking lot. Don’t expect to drive it anywhere except the actual roads and parking lots. I’m guessing that is the issue they are avoiding, they don’t want vehicles in walking areas. 

This is what I was told by Bill

Anywhere a car can go and no more, so do not count on it being a option to load pit lane and such.

44 minutes ago, Team Infiniti said:

This is what I was told by Bill

Anywhere a car can go and no more, so do not count on it being a option to load pit lane and such.

During the month of May the Speedway issues golf cart stickers to the teams that prove they have insurance. It's a long way from the garage to the end of the pit lane. Not sure if they will do this on our weekend.