Bill Strong

2019 Official Indianapolis Motor Speedway Double 10-Hour Enduro

3 minutes ago, pintodave said:

@Team Infiniti  is going to kill me, I'll just line my suit and helmet with extra beers and hope he doesn't notice 🤣🤣 Essentially I will meet Ed at the gas station @ I-95 and US1 with @LEADSLEDLINCOLN and I will load up as much as he will let me, then I'll send the rest back to the shop with my step dad lol. 

I will have at least a 10-to-11 pack of it (strong chance I drink one or two tonight...), figure I might trade out one or two, so at least 6-8 can be spoken for as yours. I can even cut back on a couple of the Maduro's and load a little heavier on the Liquid Bliss. I will go get another 6'er and see what I can sneak by Ed. 

I will have at least a 10-to-11 pack of it (strong chance  I will drink one or two tonight...), Fixed it for ya Dave

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, tibadeaux said:

I will have at least a 10-to-11 pack of it (strong chance  I will drink one or two tonight...), Fixed it for ya Dave

My reputation precedes me - thank you for the edit sir 😎

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Team Infiniti said:

In the interest of group harmony

The Infiniti has 2 cup holders, various cavities, as well as the cool shirt cooler you are welcome to fill.

I just heard an APB over the police scanner looking for a truck trailering around a chopped Infiniti.  See my previous post about the Sherriff at indy gates.  You guys are going to get sooooo busted! 🤣

Edited by thewheelerZ
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I just hope (a) certain team(s) that doesn't/don’t think rules apply to them and has a huge trailer to hide things, sneaks in race gas, gets caught, Indy gets mad at Champcar, Indy decides its not worth letting a bunch of rubes race on their track and this becomes a one and done. Cough....valve-cover....cough. Now smuggling in beer......”how did all that beer get there?”  

Edited by frankrehnelt
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gkuhn41 said:

Can we get clarification on the no fuel brought in rule. We were @ the track this weekend and a fellow racer informed us cars must be empty as well from their past experience with Indy. We were planning on having a full tank upon arrival so we were good to go for the morning. 

@Bill Strong

So, IMS is going to make 100 cars pump their tanks?  I'll agree that the supps make it appear that Captain No-Fun is in charge of this event, but I highly doubt that IMS is going to be THAT ridiculous.  Please, IMS, don't prove me wrong.

#StayInTheRedBox

On 6/21/2019 at 3:06 PM, Bill Strong said:

Bring your car filled with fuel. the pumps will be open Saturday morning. we have two tankers located in two spots for you to fill your drums/dump cans.

Guys, deep breath on fuel. Unless something has changed from what Bill said here, the fuel in the car is fine. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thinking about running Gatorade in our cool shirt with a tap to our hydration system in the helmets.

355eah.jpg

Edited by Jab31169
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Jab31169 said:

Thinking about running Gatorade in our cool shirt with a tap to our hydration system in the helmets.

Cool shirt?  It’s only gonna be 85. Wimp. 

Just now, Burningham said:

Not a thing manly about being hot.  Hell we almost reinstalled the A/C in the car

• Haha 1

Just now, Jab31169 said:

Not a thing manly about being hot.  Hell we almost reinstalled the A/C in the car

Yeah, I tell everybody if the coolsuit quits working, I am coming in no matter what position.

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, Jab31169 said:

355eah.jpg

Ewwwww.... 

3 hours ago, Burningham said:

Yeah, I tell everybody if the coolsuit quits working, I am coming in no matter what position.

Same.  Ours stopped working at Autobahn two years ago and I think I lost about 15 pounds, which after doing the math is a frighteningly small percentage of my body weight.

Gym membership here I come.....

7 hours ago, Burningham said:

Check that weather again. 90 and 91. No clouds. Sunny. Indiana is full of humidity and it gets hot at that track. No breeze. 

2 hours ago, E. Tyler Pedersen said:

Check that weather again. 90 and 91. No clouds. Sunny. Indiana is full of humidity and it gets hot at that track. No breeze. 

It is going to be BRUTAL, similar to NCM in 2018. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, red0 said:

I hope not because that was pretty brutal.

May be in the other 22 pages, but didn't see it specifically mentioned in supps and could have missed it...

For pit setup, are we able to drive vehicle to pits to setup or do we have to hand cart everything in?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, red0 said:

We are ready, I have a spare pump installed in the cooler with separate hoses on a separate circuit.  Redundancy in the places that matter.

• Like 1

We will not be inspecting 100 trailers. 
Come to race. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Burningham said:

We are ready, I have a spare pump installed in the cooler with separate hoses on a separate circuit.  Redundancy in the places that matter.

Hopefully this will be the first race my car has a working cool suit. I tested it at Gingerman 2 weeks ago, and finally got it sorted the last run of the day. 

39 minutes ago, Burningham said:

Thanks for reminding me, most recent track day, the passenger seat necessitated cooler removal, I cut a ground.

Two pumps one circuit configured in such a way that it’s easy to swap back-and-forth.

1 hour ago, Burningham said:

Good call.  We have a second identical cooler setup which we also use to keep the incoming driver cool while waiting for next stint

On 7/5/2019 at 6:29 PM, Round3Racing said:

So, IMS is

Quick question, how hard is IMS on brakes?

Doing calipers today, have to decide between slightly used pads, or 2 choices of new.

28 minutes ago, mostmint said:

Good call.  We have a second identical cooler setup which we also use to keep the incoming driver cool while waiting for next stint

Yeah that is always good to have a spare, but I figured a spare cooler doesn't help the guy in the car.  Version A was two pumps with check valves and one set of hoses.  Just too much crap and didn't work well.  The way I have it only means hose swap which can be done on track without looking if you have to, maybe costs a couple seconds.  Plus I found a pump that works for $10 so not like it is a huge cost.  I actually went with a $60 pump that works better, but the $10 one works to and is a spare for the spare in my parts bin.