Bill Strong

2019 Official Indianapolis Motor Speedway Double 10-Hour Enduro

32 minutes ago, E. Tyler Pedersen said:

I'm going to take it a little easy for Indy. Now if you all show up Thursday then that's a different story. 

Nicky Blaine's :)

We will be in town Thursday night sometime...8hr drive for us.  Hoping the hotel has room for the trailer or a place nearby that isn't sketchy. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, E. Tyler Pedersen said:

Blenders....are blenders allowed?

Yes but you have to buy the Tequila from the track.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, JDChristianson said:

Yes but you have to buy the Tequila from the track.   

Its only 1 dollar more a shot at the track

48 minutes ago, E. Tyler Pedersen said:

Blenders....are blenders allowed?

RBank (holy rollers) has to make their magaritas, they better be!!

We have the Chillout system in our car, we used it at the WGI race. It worked great for us.  There is a version 2.0 coming out now that improves its efficiency and lowers the amp draw.  They are sending us this new unit this week so we will have it for Indy.  They said they will be selling their “refurbished” V1 units updated to V2 specs at a reduced price.  The customer service has been fantastic.

Also, I will have a fuel drum dolly at Indy if anyone wants to borrow it. Garage A9

Visceral Racing Group#918

Ron

Edited by Ronh911
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Ronh911 said:

Also, I will have a fuel drum dolly at Indy if anyone wants to borrow it. Garage A9

Ron

I don't care what they say about you, you're ok. :ph34r:

In other news, I use this item to move ChampCar stuff around out in the wild west. I got it at Costco for $106.67. ($99 plus local tax - YMMV). 

61nqpha2dfL._AC_UL115_.jpg.20366ec85f17a17c440eb62c52c40847.jpg It's a combination Hand Truck, Assisted Hand Truck, and Wagon. 

https://www.amazon.com/Cosco-Aluminum-Truck-Assisted-wheels/dp/B00HOGSOPG/ref=sr_1_1?hvadid=77927939322707&hvbmt=be&hvdev=c&hvqmt=e&keywords=cosco+hand+truck&qid=1562615721&s=gateway&sr=8-1

Edited by FlorahDorah

9 minutes ago, FlorahDorah said:

I don't care what they say about you, you're ok. :ph34r:

We try and be good neighbors.  Congrats on the big win!  You’re setting yourself up nice for next years National Championship in Sonoma. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Bill Strong said:

The ChampCar.Live show has a new sponsor. the announcement will be this week. It's huge. HUGE!

No stickers for you guys. Doc Waldrop does have to be swagged up as per the contract. 

Awesome!

Will the Indiana Oxygen Garage be open. The Bell Suites? What time does Firestone start mounting tires? I need some wheels crack tested will the Magnafluxing & Zyglo testing shop be open? :)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bill Strong said:

The ChampCar.Live show has a new sponsor. the announcement will be this week. It's huge. HUGE!

No stickers for you guys. Doc Waldrop does have to be swagged up as per the contract 

Will be awesome to see him in that Michelin Man suit!   

Edit:

@Doc  I’m making stuff up.  We all learned in 2005 that Michelin and Indy don’t go together!

Edited by Racer28173
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, red0 said:

I guess everyone who has elderly people on their team that use electric mobility devices at the track should call them up and tell them to stay home.

Ahhhh...just stirring up s**t. Indy is (and must be) ADA compliant.

1 hour ago, Racer28173 said:

I’m making stuff up.  We all learned in 2005 that Michelin and Indy don’t go together!

My fat with belly rolls is all natural....too natural.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Ronh911 said:

We have the Chillout system in our car, we used it at the WGI race. It worked great for us.  There is a version 2.0 coming out now that improves its efficiency and lowers the amp draw.  They are sending us this new unit this week so we will have it for Indy.  They said they will be selling their “refurbished” V1 units updated to V2 specs at a reduced price.  The customer service has been fantastic.

Ron

@Ronh911, will your fuel drum dolly work on a plastic fuel drum or is a steel specific one?  Thanks for the offer, btw!

Good Luck to the Indy drivers! If anyone coming out of Florida on I-75 has any trailer issues (tires, bearings or lights) stop by Camping World in Lake Park Ga. 5 miles north of the Florida line. I will get you in and out quick. Ask for Andy.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Gordo said:

@Ronh911, will your fuel drum dolly work on a plastic fuel drum or is a steel specific one?  Thanks for the offer, btw!

It’s made for a steel drum but I think it will work for a plastic barrel. 

• Like 1

Were headed down Thursday morning. We will be enjoying our patio overlooking IMS from our rental house!

As on of our team members said "This is really happening!" LOL!

• Like 2

Just checked in for my flight tomorrow and got my boarding pass. I'll be working the race. 

Totally and completely geeked. 

Edited by FlorahDorah
  • Like 7

Leaving early in the morning . Be on the lookout white 93 tbird black wheels if seen on the side of the road stop and give Conner and I a ride ..

• Like 3

I just packed the car to head out from work tomorrow.  I'm still a little shocked this came up so fast, I feel like we were just at Charlotte a few weeks ago!

• Like 2

Damn trailer has been packed for a week now, the earth needs to hurry up and rotate a few more times!! 

8 minutes ago, Ronh911 said:

Damn trailer has been packed for a week now, the earth needs to hurry up and rotate a few more times!! 

That means you forgot something....

• Haha 1

Trying to figure out how to pack my west coast sampler selection in my suitcase (yes, I have to check it with this cargo). 

20190709_144217.thumb.jpg.887030c8afbe35893ae2ec524f34fd19.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Nice!  I still gotta work for 1.5 more days than drive for 12 hours with a 1 year old, a 3 year old, and my wife...  looking forward to having the drive there done!