Bill Strong

2019 Official Indianapolis Motor Speedway Double 10-Hour Enduro

I'm bringing Guinness, pluff mud porter, and a couple of 6 packs of ipa.  Don't know if ipa are good or not because I don't like ipa.  Y'all drink em and tell me.

24 minutes ago, wvumtnbkr said:

Nice!  I still gotta work for 1.5 more days than drive for 12 hours with a 1 year old, a 3 year old, and my wife...  looking forward to having the drive there done!

The Belching Beaver Peanut Butter Milk Stout is for you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is my current stash.  I will stop and get some more.  Anyone who likes beer, I’m happy to make some trades, or give some away.  Looking forward to this weekend.  See y’all soon!

F73B04FE-323F-443E-8B0A-F34B7CD5A5C4.jpeg

• Like 3

We are sharing our pit box with two other teams.

How do pit stops work?

If we pit at two hours, the team that pits before us will need to add a stop. The team that pits after us will violate the two hour rule.

How will this be worked out?

4 minutes ago, Clueless1 said:

How do pit stops work?

If we pit at two hours, the team that pits before us will need to add a stop. The team that pits after us will violate the two hour rule.

Work it out with your pit mates.  Not difficult

5 minutes ago, Clueless1 said:

How do pit stops work?

Work together...you can do it.  We pitted three cars at the same time and used the same crew for all three cars.  They were all out in under 5 minutes.  We're doing it again at Indy.  3-car team with one pit stall.

7 minutes ago, Clueless1 said:

How do pit stops work?

I have not read supps, but as long as nothing has changed, you are allowed to safely double-stack.

13 minutes ago, Clueless1 said:

How do pit stops work?

Don’t listen to them. It will be mass confusion. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I'm all for working together. I just have bad dreams about fitting three cars in the pit box without somebody being out in the driving lane. Yikes! I wonder if there will be some leeway on the two hour rule as long as  we make the four required five minute stops?

2 minutes ago, Clueless1 said:

I'm all for working together. I just have bad dreams about fitting three cars in the pit box without somebody being out in the driving lane. Yikes! I wonder if there will be some leeway on the two hour rule as long as  we make the four required five minute stops?

Not everyone will go 2hrs on a tank of gas, so not everyone is going to pit at the same time.   Now, if a FCY comes out at 1:45 during the first stint there will be 90 cars pitting at the same time. After the first pit stop everyone starts separating the pit stop times.

Trailer is pretty much loaded up. Really feeling organized for this event. Beer has been bought since Sunday. 

On the road Thursday at 11 am for the measly 3 hour tow down to our AirBNB. If anyon is in town Thursday night let @bbaker480 and I know and we can meet up for some beers or five. 

20190709_182726.jpg

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, Clueless1 said:

There will be no leeway.

Is this your first race with champcar?  Double and triple stacking happens.  Communicate with your pit mates.  It will work out.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Team Infiniti said:

1st event? OwO

I think he's just from that other part of the country that races this series...  you know...   not the southeast...   most of those folks are not awake on December 1 at midnight trying to register for races...

Edited by Justin9
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Gkuhn41 said:

Do guys pull in at an angle as well? Similar to how we line up on the grid?

Sometimes.  The first guy has got to anticipate it to get the stack to work.  

This is one of the more risky times in my opinion.  You will have a team fueling with all the gear and visors down and 5 foot away a team is done fueling and not outfitted any longer.

Well, I finally had to put the car in the trailer, no more obsessing over what is not done. Stop off in Birmingham to do a couple of things to the car I couldn’t do at home, load up the team and head that way tomorrow evening. 

20803EB3-CE0B-4002-BEBC-ED81F08F81E7.thumb.jpeg.d3fa46d87e9918f68ad854e6df9f1a10.jpeg

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Gkuhn41 said:

Do guys pull in at an angle as well? Similar to how we line up on the grid?

I am very against this.  Just parallel stack (double park) instead.  If you do the angle out as another guy is coming into the next stall, he will hit you.  He sees you go toward the pit wall and the LAST thing he is thinking is that you are going to suddenly come back out again.  Bad way to lose the front right corner of your car

1 hour ago, Burningham said:

Sometimes.  The first guy has got to anticipate it to get the stack to work.  

This is one of the more risky times in my opinion.  You will have a team fueling with all the gear and visors down and 5 foot away a team is done fueling and not outfitted any longer.

Really glad we are pitting with good friends we trust.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Huggy said:

This is my current stash.  I will stop and get some more.  Anyone who likes beer, I’m happy to make some trades, or give some away.  Looking forward to this weekend.  See y’all soon!

F73B04FE-323F-443E-8B0A-F34B7CD5A5C4.jpeg

You want anything from bham?

2 hours ago, E. Tyler Pedersen said:

Anything good in Stouts or IPAs?

What do you want from Indiana.....lol

I am en route to Crank Yankers HQ.... just this pesky 8 hour stop at the office to deal with first.  I promise my work quality will not suffer while I think through all the things I may or may not have remembered to pack.  Beers are on ice in the car and I found my phone charger at 4:30 on my way out the door, so I think I'll be okay.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jab31169 said:

You want anything from bham?

Yes.

Looking forward to sharing a pit with WUDU.

One more day of work.  Looking to buy a bicycle now too, hopefully I remember how to ride one

• Like 2

We were double pitted at VIR North earlier this year and it wasn't an issue, and that pit lane is *tiny*. 

We just made friends with our neighbors and it all worked it out.