Bill Strong

2019 Official Indianapolis Motor Speedway Double 10-Hour Enduro

2 hours ago, Rapido said:

I'm sorry to announce that Team Hugh Jass have, as of today, pulled out of the Indy race. We have been up against the clock ever since WGI to try and fix a myriad of issues with our 2019 engine swap, but ran out of time with a still undiagnosed issue of fuel delivery under heavy load. The car is not in a position to race safely on track and so we have to make the painful decision to withdraw our entry. I hope another team on the waiting list can at least benefit from our misfortune and get a last-minute chance to race at this hallowed ground. 

We have benefited from a lot of good luck so far in our racing careers but 2019 is proving to be the year of karmic balancing so far. Thanks to all the CC members who have been kind enough to reach out and offer advice and assistance, we appreciate your time and effort, it just wasn't to be this weekend. We hope to be back at the VIR 24.

A few team members will still make the trip to Indy this weekend to support the series, and if anyone needs an extra set of hands then please let us know. 

Man, that just flat out sucks.  Tell whoever shows up to come find Team WUDU and I've got some beers for them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Bill Strong said:

I am now in indy.

Nice.  Are they going to let you tour the course?  Can you get us some video of the back straight and how those black flag do not drive areas are marked?

• Like 1

Just now, mostmint said:

Nice.  Are they going to let you tour the course?  Can you get us some video of the back straight and how those black flag do not drive areas are marked?

It was changed. Stay off the grass on exit and be back onto main track surface before the bridge. 

14 hours ago, Jab31169 said:

Trailer was loaded up yesterday afternoon in the cool 101*F late afternoon air.  Car appears to be ready, bolts checked, new rubber and brakes.  Loading up the coolers tomorrow and making a run for Indy in the morning.  See you guys there!  Might try and stop by NCM for a quick kart race if we have time.

IMG955756.thumb.jpg.6cc04c9258cc786af28330ec8da91b68.jpg

@Jab31169 Awesome looking car! Looks like a very clean, detailed build.

Good luck at Indy - hoping to meet a lot of you guys at Indy, along with a lot of other buddies. (I'm volunteering)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Jab31169 said:

IMG955756.thumb.jpg.6cc04c9258cc786af28330ec8da91b68.jpg

Wow that looks clean, nice looking car! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Will anyone have tire changing services at the track? Otherwise I’ll use the firestone down the street from the speedway, $75 for 4.

Also heads up for anyone coming. Crawfordsville Road in both directions from the speedway to the interstate is being repaved and is in rough shape as they have some serious bumps and is tight in spots. Pickup trucks can handle it ok if you take it easy, some cars will have an issue with the bumps and tow rigs will really need to watch it in spots. 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Rapido said:

@wvumtnbkr we discussed it but it's been with a good tuner for two days now and even he's stumped with full access to a rolling road and all associated resources. At this point we're unwilling to risk a $2500 entry fee and a $1400 towing adventure (rental plus diesel) on the offchance a miracle cure can be found at the track. We're certainly thankful for all the advice the CC forums have lent us and are determined to get this right eventually.

I think he meant that you should drop out of the race but bring the car and see if you can get some help with it from drivers and wrenches that are at the track.  

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, pintodave said:

We just rolled in.

Where's all the Thurs night socializing going on?

Oreilly’s Irish Pub near the track right now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Burningham said:

Oreilly’s Irish Pub near the track right now. 

Dammit man, we ended up getting a hotel a little further away than we hoped.... Super 8 is Super Sketch (ahem @Team Infiniti 🤣🤣)

Just checked, Uber is cheap. Ed won't let me drove Sharky. How late y'all hanging out? 

• Haha 1

Fortunately Sharkeys safe with the bug,( unlike my truck bumper ) you’re welcome to Uber away but lead Sled Mike is getting your bed...

Edited by Team Infiniti
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

So, who is here and just hanging out?

I'm in Tyler's garage just chillin.  Garage 3 nearest the pits.

1 hour ago, wvumtnbkr said:

I’ll be over once we get through this fuel line..

8 minutes ago, Huggy said:

I’ll be over once we get through this fuel line..

It's not going very quickly. Glad we could get it done today!

Edited by Clueless Racing

Here's part of the fuel line. 

A bit of waiting but it looked like it actually went pretty smooth for everyone. 

image.jpeg

Edited by mcoppola

5 hours ago, wvumtnbkr said:

We should be heading back towards Main St area sooner than later... 

32 minutes ago, wvumtnbkr said:

20 of us are at union jacks.  Going somewhere else after.  Anybody got plans tonight?

Saw that place, looked pretty cool. We literally just sat down at 1911.

We have zero plans, other than trying really really hard not to go full blown Canadian 🤣 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, wvumtnbkr said:

Did you get the beer I left for you? 

I did not.  I'll check with the team!

Thanks!

Edit!  Tyler said he got it!

Thank you!

Edited by wvumtnbkr
  • Like 1