Bill Strong

2019 Official Indianapolis Motor Speedway Double 10-Hour Enduro

So........ are we running the Indy GP course or the SCCA course?   I swear I’ve seen both statements. And both track maps are in the supps

Edited by Racer28173

1 hour ago, Racer28173 said:

So........ are we running the Indy GP course or the SCCA course?

SCCA.

• Thanks 1

Anybody make it by Foyt's restaurant/bar place? Looks like it is attached to his race shop, figured there might be some cool automobilia in there... That will most likely be a stop tonight.

We stopped by Daredevil brewing (across the st from Foyt's & in between Dallara and the Kart track) last night for two beers. Really good & worth a stop if you have time, lots of traditional German-style beers. 

16 minutes ago, chriswinsagain said:

Need a radio plug for helmet for our new driver. Is there a vendor at Indy?  Would someone let us borrow your spare?

I don’t know if Money Shift Racing carries those parts but I would check with them if you can’t find an alternative 

• Thanks 1

Yea, so rear axle failure put me up on two wheels out of 6a. When the car slammed back down it broke the two right side wheels as well as other various suspension components. We had climbed from 90th place to 19th over all. Not sure what's gonna happen to the car now. Wild ride for sure. Really, really bummed about not being able to finish the race.

Edited by Jab31169
  • Sad 3

Our Saturn ran well and we were in contention for B class til we did a PUY and we had a bad brake light switch.  

We got punted in turn 1 of last lap - still looking for video to determine why that happened as our video does not show all the cars involved.  Premium Dudes were collected in it too looks like minimal damage for them.  Talked with one of them I think there might be some video evidence from them.

I did have an epic battle with the black Focus as they were trying to put us 1 lap down I held them off for a long time maybe 45 minutes which was before the PUY penalty so it was relevant to hold them off.  Congrats to them for winning B.  

• Like 3

I want to thank everyone involved with Champcar, staff and members, for the incredible weekend at Indy. I was only able to come in for the day on Saturday.  To get the opportunity to just be at Indy for my first time was amazing.  Saw some great action on the track and on pit lane. Had the opportunity to see up close what it will take to be competitive and it is a lot. I saw hard working dedicated and passionate people doing what happens at Indy, giving it all they had...

I came back so fired fired up that I am now seeing if I can get the drivers for Gingerman next month. Time to stop building for a bit and start racing. Just 1 or 2 before the year is over so we can get some momentum for next year.

Again, I can’t say enough how happy I am with what Champcar is doing for the grass roots racer. Keep up the good work. I can’t wait to unload for our first race and go through tech. Crazy right? 

• Like 2