Bill Strong

The Official 2019 Indianapolis Motor Speedway Double 10-Hour Enduro

3 minutes ago, Bill Strong said:

I made a suggestion to the boss...
He liked it and made it even better...

Volunteer to work the 2019 Indy race and you'll have first shot at registering for the 2020 event, in addition to earning our standard payout for event workers.

https://champcar.org/mainweb/volunteer/

What is the "standard payout"?  I see the mention of race credits - how much are we talking?

10 minutes ago, Bill Strong said:

Volunteer to work the 2019 Indy race and you'll have first shot at registering for the 2020 event, in addition to earning our standard payout for event workers.
*edit - limited to 25 Volunteers.

$10/hr cash or $100 in credit per 8 hour day.

For Indy we'll issue $150 in credit per day.
Credit is the better deal.

Done! We passed up on entry this year, hoping to enter in 2020. 

I was probably going to volunteer to work this race anyway, just to be a part of it, but this incentive of first dibs in '20 make it even better. 

• Like 5

I have tweaked the wording in the original post. I wanted to get that up there fast before the boss could change his mind :)

We have added a few details and spelled out what you get.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Bill Strong said:

Volunteer to work the 2019 Indy race and you'll  possibly get transportation provided.

For one or 2 of those volunteers coming from Florida/Georgia Team Infiniti may be able to provide transportation to and from the event provided they:

1) Have a valid drivers license

2) Can confidently drive a 3/4 ton truck with open trailer in driver stint rotation with 2 others.

3) Could toss in a tiny bit of fuel

This offer is good till notated here

PM for more.

Edited by Team Infiniti
  • Like 5

On 11/2/2018 at 3:25 PM, Jer said:

Please allow me to jump in at this point.  Indianapolis is very protective of their spectacular facility, and are nervous to even let an amateur series like ours in at all!  And as you can probably tell, it costs a fortune to rent for the weekend. They became aware of the series as a result of the name change and getting their blessing on using the name Champcar, which is an asset they acquired back in the day when the original Champcar filed bankruptcy.  

This first year is really a test balloon for us and them.  Assuming it goes well, we will be back in 2020 and 2021.  Both sides need to be happy with the result, so we need everyone to be on their best behavior on track and in the pits.  I have spoken to Mike about another date, but we need to clear the hurdle of a great first date before they will consider a 2nd date.  Do not count on a 2nd date in 2019 regardless, but it is something we could look at in the future if all goes well.  We want to make all Champs happy and feel bad that there is such a long wait list. But we're happy for the demand as well.  So let's take this one event at a time.  Thank you all.   

Sure thing.  

8 hours ago, Bill Strong said:

Limited to 25 Volunteers.

$10/hr cash or $150 (Indy Special - normal events get $100 in race credit) in credit per 8 hour day.

We signed up to volunteer a couple days ago.  Probably 3 or 4 from our team will be there,willing to help wherever we can.  

• Like 1

On 11/3/2018 at 10:36 AM, wvumtnbkr said:

I work.  I have 2 little ones that are both younger than 3.

I seemed to get in just fine.  Set an alarm.  Not that difficult.

My point wasn’t to take away from anyones personal domestic accomplishments, merely to suggest that there are better times for normal working people than midnight on a week night. I Didn’t state that it was impossible, only that it was an obstacle that wasn’t needed. This registration deadline could have been any day of the week and any time.  Surely there are times that work better for a group comprised mostly of working people than midnight during the week. 

1 hour ago, Late Ape-X said:

My point wasn’t to take away from anyones personal domestic accomplishments, merely to suggest that there are better times for normal working people than midnight on a week night. I Didn’t state that it was impossible, only that it was an obstacle that wasn’t needed. This registration deadline could have been any day of the week and any time.  Surely there are times that work better for a group comprised mostly of working people than midnight during the week. 

Midnight on November 1st has ALWAYS been the time/date that registration is opened for the upcoming years' races. Over 100, possibly 200 teams counting the wait list, knew this, and took appropriate action.  Apparently they wanted to race at Indy bad enough to lose a bit of sleep one night. 

A few of my buddies also missed out on getting in, not imagining it would sell out before morning, yet I don't see them on here whining about it, and criticizing the organization for it. Our organization worked very hard to break ground that was previously thought to be out of reach. I'm proud and honored to be a member of this organization, so when folks criticize it, it kind of strikes a nerve. The "what a joke" comment was a total slap in the face for our management team that put in numerous hours working on presentations, and sealing this deal with the Speedway.

Edited by mcoppola
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 5

^^^^^  plus, I always thought that the reason an organization uses midnight is that almost no one is at work at that hour.  Doing it during the daytime "discriminates" against some of the folks that have jobs that don't let them sit at a computer while at work (yes - such jobs DO exist)

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Since we’ll need to purchase fuel from the track- How many fuel pumps does Indy have? 

What types and octane rating?

with 100 teams all needing fuel, I foresee some lines to wait in.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mcoppola said:

yet I don't see them on here whining about it

Careful, you'll get called out for such behavior as a TAC member.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, jbbugs said:

Since we’ll need to purchase fuel from the track- How many fuel pumps does Indy have? 

:) like 500-800 gallons an hour!  5000-8000 gallons a day?  Is my math right?  OMG don't tell the tree huggers! How big are fuel storage tanks?  How big are semi tankers?

1 minute ago, Burningham said:

Careful, you'll get called out for such behavior as a TAC member.

No worries Rodger. But thanks for the advice. And it's too late anyway, I've already received hate mail from members, just as I'm sure you have too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jbbugs said:

We are working out the details. Once I have them, they will be made public. 

From the face to face conversation Mike and I had with them, their body gestures pointing at pit in, and pit out, made it seem like they would have fuel trucks at each end of pit lane, or thereabouts. 
I will get confirmation.
I will let them know about what our fuel needs will be, and how important it is that those needs are fulfilled. 
I think I will send an email to the teams that are entered and the wait list teams to get a reading on what their requirements are.

3 minutes ago, mcoppola said:

No worries Rodger. But thanks for the advice. And it's too late anyway, I've already received hate mail from members, just as I'm sure you have too. 

Wait... we can send hate mail?

6 minutes ago, tommytipover said:

:) like 500-800 gallons an hour!  5000-8000 gallons a day?  Is my math right?  OMG don't tell the tree huggers! How big are fuel storage tanks?  How big are semi tankers?

I also need to take into account all your "extra fuel" requirements. You know, how you fit 7 gallons of fuel in a 5-gallon dump can while trying to make it look like you put 10 gallons of fuel in your Civic when in fact you just poured 14 gallons into it. Fuzzy math.

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Bill Strong said:

We are working out the details. Once I have them, they will be made public. 

From the face to face conversation Mike and I had with them, their body gestures pointing at pit in, and pit out, made it seem like they would have fuel trucks at each end of pit lane, or thereabouts. 
I will get confirmation.
I will let them know about what our fuel needs will be, and how important it is that those needs are fulfilled. 
I think I will send an email to the teams that are entered and the wait list teams to get a reading on what their requirements are.

If they have fuel trucks at the hot pits, how will I add the special cheaty additive we always use?  Oh, I know, we'll just put it in the empty cans before fill.

• Like 1

Just now, Burningham said:

If they have fuel trucks at the hot pits, how will I add the special cheaty additive we always use?  Oh, I know, we'll just put it in the empty cans before fill.

Sugar? Makes it sweet.

11 minutes ago, mcoppola said:

I was kidding, have already been called out for saying the same thing basically. 

Edit: I was even kidding when I called somebody a whiner, but I guess it gets lost in the text.

Edited by Burningham
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Bill Strong said:

Wait... we can send hate mail?

Sure you can Bill since my email address is at the top section of the forum. Please send me yours so you can be one of my targets too. Oh forget it, doing it via Slack is more fun so everyone can see our disdain for each other!

just kidding buddy, thanks for all your hard work regarding Indy, the live streams and all our media needs. 

6 minutes ago, Burningham said:

I was kidding, have already been called out for saying the same thing basically. 

I know you have. Good thing we have tough skin, lol.  😏

Edited by mcoppola

Just now, mcoppola said:

I know you have. Good thing we have tough skin 😏

Yeah I see there is a Slack conversation going on now, guess we better get over there and give our input on the next step in our plot against the Fords..

• Haha 1

Calling someone out for being a sucky baby has nothing to do with making TAC desicions. People take themselves and you guys way too seriously. I hope the TAC takes the same attitude (not saying "oh you poor baby, let me give you a hug") when deciding on technical issues. I like what I've seen so far bay the way. 

Yes, It sucks some people didn't get cars in to Indy. People that got one car of a multi car team should be happy they get one car to go race (and frankly with the amount interest should be really happy that more than one car is even allowed, maybe that would be too much as lots of teams support the series with multiple cars, but shoot, it could have been a stipulation, you never know ). 

I seriously hope those people complaining have had a few days to cool off and think about it objectively, have taken 10 deep breaths and are ready to get racing again in the spring. 

• Like 4