Bill Strong

The Official 2019 Indianapolis Motor Speedway Double 10-Hour Enduro

10 minutes ago, gsmith2424 said:

Thanks. Just want to be certain on this as it wasn't clear in the sups.

Also an FYI for everyone the new hotel that is mentioned in the sups is now available for booking and opens in February. The hotel is a Marriott Courtyard.

We ended up booking an AirBNB which is a couple miles from the track.

11 hours ago, E. Tyler Pedersen said:

We ended up booking an AirBNB which is a couple miles from the track.

Anyone looking to do this I'd get on it, seems the options were evaporating quickly when we got ours booked last weekend...ended up a bit further away on the north side of the city.

1 hour ago, Team Infiniti said:

For anyone sitting on their hands, Hotels were scarce the day after signing up…

I saw the same thing trying to get one then but they really opened up in late December. I think most of them didn't have the booking open for that time yet back in November.

• Like 2

We were lucky we got an AirBnB that abuts the track, back deck view is the speedway. We booked the day we confirmed we had a spot locked in.

1 hour ago, Gkuhn41 said:

We were lucky we got an AirBnB that abuts the track, back deck view is the speedway. We booked the day we confirmed we had a spot locked in.

So, we all having beers at your place then?

• Like 1

Just a reminder -

The balance due date will be on May 13, 2019.

If not paid, your deposit will be returned and the space given to the next waitlist team.

Where are we at with the fuel? I know it was talked about getting a poll for types?

Are we able to fill our drums upon arrival or will we need to fill between stops? 

We have a meeting with the track soon and will get more info about the fuel situation.

Bill, can you look into a few questions that many of us may have (please add if other questions from other groups arise)

1. Fuel - Type, 55gal drums in our pits or take our 5 gal jugs to the fuel station between every pit...

2. Track Walk or Group Tours of the museum and or track - Special in depth tours or things for Champ car the day or two prior to the race...

3. Will there be a professional photographer with free or reasonable pricing, any photo opportunities for teams to get their car on "the bricks" for a team photo opt prior to the race?

4. List of concerns from the Indy track about our race series, something we can let teams know to be mindful about during the race weekend so we can go back in 2020?

5. Move in/out date/time, locations of allowed spectators (us and friends), overnight paddock work (just incase).

Edited by Bandits

If you have entered the Indy race, we will need a picture of your car for our spotters guide.
I need a full color digital image. Using this angle as shown in the image attached to this post.
Use your phone. Do not reduce the size. This will be a printed picture. So bugger is better. Just keep it below 10mb.
Ease use the livery you will be using at Indy.
Clean the car. Freshen up the decals.
Include car number, 
team name, 
drivers name, 
crew name, 
Car year, make, model
Engine year, and size
Home town and state
2019 ChampCar decals are required.
Email the image to media@champcar.org

20190209_161706_001.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bill Strong said:

If you have entered the Indy race, we will need a picture of your car for our spotters guide.
I need a full color digital image. Using this angle as shown in the image attached to this post.
Use your phone. Do not reduce the size. This will be a printed picture. So bugger is better. Just keep it below 10mb.
Ease use the livery you will be using at Indy.
Clean the car. Freshen up the decals.
Include car number, 
team name, 
drivers name, 
crew name, 
Car year, make, model
Engine year, and size
Home town and state
2019 ChampCar decals are required.
Email the image to media@champcar.org

Yeah so i hope you dont need that soon! some of our cars are in bits and pieces while we deal with mountains of snow. And we are not planning on putting our wrap on until a few weeks before the Road America spring event!

if you have the artwork that the wrap place uses, we can use that too

FYI - my father will be at the race taking photos, he is quite good.
2019-02-13_12-48-17.thumb.jpg.b7054a56f196ef17a14e049c6222b5b1.jpg

He works for free (retirement hobby). If you want to make sure to get some photos of your car, please PM me. I can give him a list of cars so he can make sure he has good shots. if you have a picture/link I can send him that it would also help.

His pictures are also free and available for use by Champcar in official marketing. They're slightly better than Bills :)

Edited by Slugworks Paul
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

4 hours ago, Bill Strong said:

if you have the artwork that the wrap place uses, we can use that too

Bill, what is the deadline for this? not leaking pictures of my new build until after the Glen :D

• Like 2

@Bill Strong  can we make this like a yearbook and allow each team to supply a quote to put next to their submitted image?

Edited by theblue

Ill get the cutoff info next week. 

Coat is a huge deal. I did this stuff for the University of Virginia for 20 years. It will be cool. But size will be limited.

Meeting with Indy went well today. Got a lot of answers and had just as many questions. I will type all of this up over the weekend when i am in Sonoma and post up the revised supps.

Fyi. Only fuel available will be 93 ethenol free gasoline. If you have issues with that, email me asap. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Bill Strong said:

Only fuel available will be 93 ethenol free gasoline

Good for fuel limited folk, I know it was estimated around $1.00 over market, any clue on pricing?

22 minutes ago, Bill Strong said:

Ill get the cutoff info next week. 

Coat is a huge deal. I did this stuff for the University of Virginia for 20 years. It will be cool. But size will be limited.

Meeting with Indy went well today. Got a lot of answers and had just as many questions. I will type all of this up over the weekend when i am in Sonoma and post up the revised supps.

Fyi. Only fuel available will be 93 ethenol free gasoline. If you have issues with that, email me asap. 

But our .040 over build can’t handle anything but 110!!! Guess this eliminates all the blue fueled people. “I have to run race fuel”