Bill Strong

The Official 2019 Indianapolis Motor Speedway Double 10-Hour Enduro

4 minutes ago, Round3Racing said:

http://www.brownsoilservice.com/sunoco-race-gas  30 minutes from the speedway. 

4 minutes ago, Round3Racing said:

http://www.brownsoilservice.com/sunoco-race-gas  30 minutes from the speedway. 

I missed the green font. Our team doesn’t use race fuel. Actually I’m against teams being allowed to use it except certain rotary powered vehicles. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jakks said:

I missed the green font. Our team doesn’t use race fuel. Actually I’m against teams being allowed to use it except certain rotary powered vehicles. 

What difference does it make to you if a team wants to waste money on race fuel if it isn't prohibited in the rules?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Burningham said:

What difference does it make to you if a team wants to waste money on race fuel if it isn't prohibited in the rules?

It’s only my opinion. We all have them....... 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jakks said:

2 hours ago, Burningham said:

2 hours ago, jakks said:

It’s only my opinion. We all have them....... 

I hope you don't think teams are cheating because they use race fuel, because that's not always the case.

45 minutes ago, mcoppola said:

I hope you don't think teams are cheating because they use race fuel, because that's not always the case.

Yeah, because booooooost 😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mcoppola said:

I don't think every team that uses race fuel is cheating. If a team is using it specifically to gain a HP advantage then shouldn't it be like any other HP adder?

"It's for people like you that have always wanted to go road racing without all the hassles or huge rulebooks or obscene expense. The simplest path to real road racing."-quoted from home page.

Road Atlanta entries

72-2019

84-2018

81-2017

108-2016

I understand that they didn't have a limit in 2016. This is more along the limit was 90 this year and there were 72 that took the green flag.

I'm willing to bet you'll see our numbers keep falling and a main reason is the obscene expense that this series is taking. This isn't cheap man racing when you see multiple teams showing up with 55 gal drums of racing fuel. People look at that and see "They're spending upwards of 3x what I'm spending in fuel". Leave that to AER where they are racing ex-Conti cars and such.

Edited by jakks
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, jakks said:

I don't think every team that uses race fuel is cheating. If a team is using it specifically to gain a HP advantage then shouldn't it be like any other HP adder?

"It's for people like you that have always wanted to go road racing without all the hassles or huge rulebooks or obscene expense. The simplest path to real road racing."-quoted from home page.

Road Atlanta entries

72-2019

84-2018

81-2017

108-2016

I understand that they didn't have a limit in 2016. This is more along the limit was 90 this year and there were 72 that took the green flag.

I'm willing to bet you'll see our numbers keep falling and a main reason is the obscene expense that this series is taking. This isn't cheap man racing when you see multiple teams showing up with 55 gal drums of racing fuel. People look at that and see "They're spending upwards of 3x what I'm spending in fuel". Leave that to AER where they are racing ex-Conti cars and such.

If you take Indy out for 2019 we are actually up 60 entries from the previous year.......

• Like 4

10 hours ago, jakks said:

Road Atlanta entries

72-2019

84-2018

81-2017

108-2016

There were more cars at RA 2019  but some did not make it thru tech.  The series is healthy.  Spend what your budget allows and go have fun,  life is short,  live your dream.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

What I enjoy about this series is that smarts, saavy, racecraft and dedication still beat money. Look at RBank - I'm surprised at how low budget that operation is and how much success they have.

Edited by Slugworks Paul
  • Like 4

50 minutes ago, Slugworks Paul said:

What I enjoy about this series is that smarts, saavy, racecraft and dedication still beat money. Look at RBank - I'm surprised at how low budget that operation is and how much success they have.

Yea, but they cheat a lot...   - green font!

On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 2:58 PM, JDChristianson said:

So, who is going to sing Back Home Again In Indiana ?

Even though our team's car is not racing at Indy, I am looking forward to working / volunteering at this race. It will be epic, and I know I'll enjoy being a part of it.

edit: just like very other race I've volunteered at - but even better, because > INDY!

Edited by mcoppola
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, FlorahDorah said:

#adulting

No, you can’t make me 

27 minutes ago, mcoppola said:

Even though our team's car is not racing at Indy, I am looking forward to working / volunteering at this race. It will be epic, and I know I'll enjoy being a part of it.

edit: just like very other race I've volunteered at - but even better, because > INDY!

Yep. We will be there working, having a great time.  

• Like 2

New updated version 3 supplemental rules uploaded
https://champcar.org/register/supplementalrules/376.pdf

Changes...

No barbecues on IMS property. Awaiting for the camping rules from the Indy Legion campground.
Access map updated with new areas that you can visit to watch the race.
Accident procedures added
Local Info - parts stores and big box stores added
Fuel info added - issues: please email me at bill.strong@champcar.org - be nice with your language :)
No pets allowed on the IMS facilities.
Team load-in update.
Parts shipping to the track info revised.

Team Load-In - be advised that this will be finalized a few weeks before the event. So please don't panic if we don't have all the procedures down yet. They will be.  We are working on maps that we will send you to make your arrival to Indy super smooth. 

After hours work on your car is still being discussed. 

If you have additional questions, please send them to me and I will try and get them answered.

bill.strong@champcar.org

• Like 1

Reminder...

Event Costs and Payments: There will be no discounts, nor any early pay discounts for this race. You may apply your banked race credits for payment. The event will cost $2800 per car. $700 will be required as a deposit for the Indy event on or after November 1, 2018.

The balance due date will be on May 13, 2019.

If not paid, your deposit will be returned and the space given to the next waitlist team.

The BCCR doesn’t specifically prohibit doing work on a car in impound.  Because of the early closing time of the track, I assume we will be allowed to change brakes and do other work during impound....

51 minutes ago, Racer28173 said:

The BCCR doesn’t specifically prohibit doing work on a car in impound.  Because of the early closing time of the track, I assume we will be allowed to change brakes and do other work during impound....

I'm thinking not.  I have been down this path and it isn't allowed.  We have stayed after impound to work on our car when allowed.  

It's amazing how much work a car needs that just finished on the podium!

1 hour ago, Racer28173 said:

Not me I hope to be drinking a beer celebrating and laughing at somebody calling me a cheater. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Racer28173 said:

Funny.

The only work you can do on your car in impound is to remove the wheels and take apart the engine per the head of tech. :)