I think when people don't protest it encourages more cheating.  The same for when people see cars getting away with stuff at tech.

Edited by theblue
  • Like 7

3 hours ago, mender said:

If I was in 4th or 54th place and saw something that was illegal, I would protest it.

That's how this is supposed to work but people seem to think it's only for the top teams.

If I was in 54th place I wouldn't put my $50 on the line to protest something...But that's just me.  

Twoth posted all their groups they they will be racing in this year...no CER listed.

Am I still the only one thinking that 1 event wont even happen?

Hard to post that they'll be attending a CER race when their schedule isn't out yet. 

Yes, I'm waiting for the schedule, too.

17 minutes ago, mender said:

Hard to post that they'll be attending a CER race when their schedule isn't out yet. 

Yes, I'm waiting for the schedule, too.

Jay(tech) is literally is a hop skip and a jump from Twoth.They should have the scoop before anyone lol.

Its been out for 3 weeks.

May will be hard to find entries when Watkins is so close.

Shannonville is also for sale if you have an extra 4 million laying about.

May 11/12 2019 -

Shannonville Motorsport Park

June 30/31 2019 -

Canadian Tire Motorsport Park

August 10/11 2019 - Calabogie Motorsports Park

Edited by Rich

2 hours ago, Rich said:

Jay(tech) is literally is a hop skip and a jump from Twoth.They should have the scoop before anyone lol.

Its been out for 3 weeks.

May will be hard to find entries when Watkins is so close.

Shannonville is also for sale if you have an extra 4 million laying about.

May 11/12 2019 -

Shannonville Motorsport Park

June 30/31 2019 -

Canadian Tire Motorsport Park

August 10/11 2019 - Calabogie Motorsports Park

Just checked now and it says they're prepping the 2019 dates. Same as a week ago!

Thanks for the update!

13 hours ago, Rich said:

Twoth posted all their groups they they will be racing in this year...no CER listed.

Am I still the only one thinking that 1 event wont even happen?

Wait... what race do you think isnt going to happen?

As for Twoth, I can see them dialing it back from CER, they seem pretty busy with lots of other stuff going on.  But, not a good sign for the series.  Maybe a new guard will form and take over a bit?

On 1/8/2019 at 9:08 AM, thewheelerZ said:

Wait... what race do you think isnt going to happen?

As for Twoth, I can see them dialing it back from CER, they seem pretty busy with lots of other stuff going on.  But, not a good sign for the series.  Maybe a new guard will form and take over a bit?

Shannonville has been dropped. It was posted on their Facebook page a couple of hours ago. Race #1 will be held at Calabogie instead. Same date as before 

30 minutes ago, Kinger3287 said:

Shannonville has been dropped. It was posted on their Facebook page a couple of hours ago. Race #1 will be held at Calabogie instead. Same date as before 

Who's facebook page?

Edit, I see it now, he edited the December schedule post.

Edited by thewheelerZ

2 hours ago, Kinger3287 said:

If you've got $3-4m spare you could change that. https://www.realtor.ca/real-estate/19892648/BuyAndSellInfo?utm_source=RealtorWeb&utm_medium=Share-GPListing&utm_campaign=ListingLink

On 1/11/2019 at 3:28 PM, Kinger3287 said:

The August Calabogie date was also pushed back 2 weeks so it no longer conflicts with VIR.

5 hours ago, swrving said:

The August Calabogie date was also pushed back 2 weeks so it no longer conflicts with VIR.

Yeah, but now it makes a 2 week turnaround to NL24. Can't please everyone. We may skip the 2nd Bogie to prep for that. How many teams really will make the trek from the south 2 weeks after/before a 24?

It's now Lucky Dog Racing Canada! 

"Ladies and Gentlemen~ We are proud to announce Lucky Dog Racing Canada!

Over the past few months have been a roller coaster ride for our new organizer Charles Carvalho to get the new series underway! We have decided to team up with Lucky Dog Racing League to continue to expand on a platform that has proven success to racers and teams like you!

Be sure to take a look at our new website at www.racelucky.ca and find out more about the new rules and regulations."

• Like 1

hope to see all the former Canadian chumps out to support the 3 races and supplement the season with Champcar events

This isn’t a promotion for a competing series, it’s just new info on what happened to ChumpCar Canada and the reciprocal annual fee for teams entered in both Canadian and American events.

It seems that LDRC is offering all 3 weekends (6 endurance races) for a total of $4000 Canadian if you register between February 11 and March 11, 2019. It also indicates “previously ChumpCar Canada and CER” so there is no connection with ChampCar on saving fees. We are a Canadian team, but we’re fully committed to ChampCar this season, and we’ll hopefully be able to attend LDRC as well.

TomB 

2019 LDRC Memebership
$50.00

Hello Fellow Racers! Welcome to the ALL NEW Lucky Dog Racing Canada (previously ChumpCar Canada and CER) This membership allows you to participate in our events this year. Enjoy a wonder 2019 Racing Season!  

Buy Membership

Full Season Discount

May 11-12, 2019

All three races of the season for just $4000 dollars! Can't beat a savings of $1400+hst!

Registration closes:

April 1, 2019 @ 12:00am
Location Calabogie/CTMP/Calabogie, ON

For anyone wondering, or for those who never heard of it.  The "Maxxis Enduro Series" a new "Grassroots endurance series" as they put it, which launched right after Chump Car Canada changed ownership to LDRC has their first event this weekend.

According to Race Monitor the field is huge. 3 cars. One of the grassroots entries is a factory backed entry.

Edited by drsmooth
need to add a comma
  • Thanks 1

On 6/29/2019 at 9:51 AM, drsmooth said:

For anyone wondering, or for those who never heard of it.  The "Maxxis Enduro Series" a new "Grassroots endurance series" as they put it, which launched right after Chump Car Canada changed ownership to LDRC has their first event this weekend.

According to Race Monitor the field is huge. 3 cars. One of the grassroots entries is a factory backed entry.

Which track?

Shannonville - MaxxisEnduro Race 1 - Race Monitor shows 10 cars competed in the 2.5 hour race, only 3 in practice and qualifying.

First I've heard of it. Mandatory tire and CASC or equivalent license required. Three hour races. Not even close to grassroots endurance racing. Simply catering to the ten guys who already compete in the CTCC. 

yup...  it's dead.

now how to we get champcar to run at mosport and calabogie?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, theblue said:

yup...  it's dead.

now how to we get champcar to run at mosport and calabogie?

Put a request in.