chip

New fender ruling from TAC section

@SonsOfIrony  I understand. I think it will all be ok.  I initially had the same thought that they sure won’t kick you out of impound if some one has bumped you.  That would be a problem and a lost member from our series.   Now considering the leeway allowed on everything else, I think precedence says we shouldn’t be so wound up.    It’s funny to me that plenty of people don’t ever want to add to the rule book, think re-grinding stock cams is free,  so on and so on and now people want a damn fender clearance rule to be six pages long and spell out what 12 o’clock is for Christ’s sake.    The worlds irony’s are so interesting.    Let’s all stretch our fenders to the point we have some margin and move on to important things like what is our favorite color.  Oh, and what is for dessert, blueberry pie? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, thewheelerZ said:

I finally feel like I agree with you on something here!  Baby Jesus indeed! 

Tech literally said bring something reasonable, if it fails your protractor test, then we will work with you to get it within what we want to see for the next race.  IMO, I think people are making a bigger deal about this than it actually needs to be.

Kinda like oe/stock also means (is equal to) modified/altered/massaged...

That one was a new one to me...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Racer7x said:

Unless it's the fuel tank oe/stock fuel tank means something else.

2 hours ago, Racer7x said:

Under this premise the balloned fuel tanks everyone bitched about should be a-ok...

Edited by Racer7x

3 hours ago, Racer7x said:

Under this premise the balloned fuel tanks everyone bitched about should be a-ok...

Except for the fact that the BCCR specifically prohibits modifying the stock/OE fuel tank. The BCCR does not prohibit modifying stock/OE parts, nor does it state that such parts are worth points.

6 hours ago, Racer7x said:

IMO, I think people are making a bigger deal about this than it actually needs to be.

On this Forum???? Pfffft

I just spent 15 minutes writing something about this thread. A thread that has reached 11 pages.

Then I wore out my backspace key...AGAIN. Deleted it all.

Because I don't want to incur even the possible wrath of my fellow BoD members, tech, TAC, etc. My friends....

Being a BoD member is much harder than you think. Keeping my mouth shut is even harder.

Edited by Doc
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

Then I wore out my backspace key...AGAIN. Deleted it all.

Position your mouse at the start of the text, then left click and hold, then move your mouse to the end of the text and release. Then hit backspace once.

Edited by enginerd
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, enginerd said:

Position your mouse at the start of the text, then left click and hold, then move your mouse to the end of the text and release. Then hit backspace once.

Now, a voice of reason and knowledge in these deeply troubling times.

Thank you sincerely.

• Haha 1

I actually know that, but I was thinking some of it might be appropriate to leave in.

Alas, NO.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, E. Tyler Pedersen said:

This thread is about to be locked. Ruling is 10-2. Updated in BCCR. End of story on this one 

Please don’t do that. This isn’t costing anything for people to make comments. This isn’t the same thing as the 2019 rules update thread where one car kept derailing the thread. 

• Like 1

Yeah, I just love the petty comments, the endless bickering, the deriding of our tech guys, the cheap shots at the board, the absurd claims, the self centered arrogance, and all the other wonderful things that have come to light. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

In before the lock! Didn't read anything except the last page though. 

You guys need more naps. And beer. And dessert. I think you'd be happier. Fat. But happier.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

And it is 2019 and another year of the best racing is available with Champcar so get those cars ready . 

I have been racing most of my life and my experiences here are the best ,yes better than National ,Regional, State and Track Championships that I have won . This club is a blessing and many of you all know it ,no mater how it plays out on this forum , the tracks are where it shines brightest.  

I would like to thank the board for making the right and tough decisions to keep this club on the right path . And to the staff none better from the top down ,everyone A+ , and a pleasure to work with you all . I'm ready for this season and Rd Atlanta can't come soon enough.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Tech wants it 10 and 2.  It's already written that way.  And so it shall be.  And yes being on the Board is frustrating sometimes...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Jer said:

Tech wants it 10 and 2.  It's already written that way.  And so it shall be.  And yes being on the Board is frustrating sometimes...

Thanks Jer

You'd be so lonely with out us all tugging at your coat sleeve all the time.....what about me, me , me......   :)

If it's 10 and 2 can someone edit this post then?

I told our team 11 and 1 thinking this post was more up to date and now we've gotta rethink this.  I don't have an issue with the rule, I just want to make sure all the information is accurate.

36 minutes ago, LuckyKid said:

If it's 10 and 2 can someone edit this post then?

I told our team 11 and 1 thinking this post was more up to date and now we've gotta rethink this.  I don't have an issue with the rule, I just want to make sure all the information is accurate.

The rule says 10 and 2, as in the tires may not extend beyond the cover of the fenders, but will be measured by Tech from the 11 and 1 position. I mean it says it right there - no need to edit.... you just got 11 and 1 in your head for some reason.... go back and re-read the rule. 

15 hours ago, Burningham said:

Please don’t do that. This isn’t costing anything for people to make comments. This isn’t the same thing as the 2019 rules update thread where one car kept derailing the thread. 

This isn’t costing anything for people to make comments. 11 pages of comments, do you realize how many fenders this time could have widened!!! and we could move on to other topics.

Just for arguments sake if 2 circles touch it's at 3 & 9 .

• Haha 1

I fixed that thread yesterday when it was pointed out to me. 

Remember. 

Forum/facebook/twitter<BCCR<event supplemental rules

• Thanks 1

Having already put both of our cars through 2019 tech, it's fun to sit back and watch...

#SebringDecemberFTW

S. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Since I see no whining here is it safe to assume everyone made it through tech at Road Atlanta !!

5 hours ago, gundy said:

Since I see no whining here is it safe to assume everyone made it through tech at Road Atlanta !!

Tech was very thorough. They found a sway bar bracket that had sheared off on my car as well as a few small safety issues we took care of. 

• Like 4

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 8:23 AM, MoparBoyy said:

I checked a few sports cars in my shop, 3 of them would not pass with stock wheels and stock suspension setups.  (they are not on the VPI list) but they are bone stock sports cars.

Yep - this is in my garage and bone stock -- no not on the VPI list, however the NTSB says it is not unsafe.....3545761_AMfender.jpg.7baf0b29bfe4be032caae6a59b97d9a0.jpg