29 minutes ago, noturavgM said:

What's the word on the oil consumption?  Rings? Valve seals?  

Other than that seems like a solid almost-turnkey setup for a new team.  Now I just need to get some buddies onboard.

Guessing a new clutch went in with the engine and trans rebuilds?

***Edit:  What tune is on this thing? That AFR gauge looks like it is mid 14s even at WOT.  Little lean no?

12 minutes ago, mender said:

Our Civic with the B18B has the same oil consumption rate so might just be a Honda thing.

There is no "other than that" if you are not consuming 1/2 a quart or more (sometimes much more) you are not trying. I typically go through 2.5 gallons of oil in an enduro with my Honda engines. 

As far as tuning, if you want to go 2 hours you can't just throw fuel at the engine. Having competed against this car, i'm sure it is expertly tuned. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, red0 said:

There is no "other than that" if you are not consuming 1/2 a quart or more (sometimes much more) you are not trying. I typically go through 2.5 gallons of oil in an enduro with my Honda engines. 

As far as tuning, if you want to go 2 hours you can't just throw fuel at the engine. Having competed against this car, i'm sure it is expertly tuned. 

Fair enough.  I am a BMW guy so I don't know a Honda's oil thirst which apparently is a thing :)  OP qualified it as "but" so I figured it was outside the norm.

Edited by noturavgM
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, noturavgM said:

Honda's oil thirst 

VTEC-Juice

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 2/4/2019 at 10:29 AM, noturavgM said:

What's the word on the oil consumption?  Rings? Valve seals?  

Other than that seems like a solid almost-turnkey setup for a new team.  Now I just need to get some buddies onboard.

Guessing a new clutch went in with the engine and trans rebuilds?

***Edit:  What tune is on this thing? That AFR gauge looks like it is mid 14s even at WOT.  Little lean no?

Probably rings.

Yes new clutch and flywheel.

Ya a little lean maybe, but car ran fine. It tends to move around a little due to temperature changes. It was Dyno tuned.

On 2/4/2019 at 11:01 AM, red0 said:

I think for this engine it is a little much. My fresh engines burn no oil at all. As time increases on the engine, oil consumption increases.

But with that being said, this car will win races as is no issues; you just need to maintain oil level through the race.

Also the engine being a little lean, endurance wise, is a good thing for fuel consumption. 

Edited by BMRacing