1 hour ago, Bagel Boy said:

Just read our write-up. That is a general description of how u have to act. Sex on a car is a solid start.

Got it. We'll just play Joe's Garage in the pit and put chrome-plated marital aids on the car. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, FlorahDorah said:

Ok, I'll bite. What is the Racebar trophy? And what do you have to do to win it? And do I really want to know? (Probably)

3 hours ago, Bagel Boy said:

Just read our write-up. That is a general description of how u have to act. Sex on a car is a solid start.

So who won it?

Some bloopers from Saturday morning.

Slip N slide SC300:

MR2 doing something under yellow/purple:

Mustang tries to out brake us:

Acura tries to go deeper into 1:

Black Miata doing something:

Edited by morganf
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, FlorahDorah said:

Ok, I'll bite. What is the Racebar trophy? And what do you have to do to win it? And do I really want to know? (Probably)

So sparrow speed gets to figure out who to give it to at the next race. They have to weld a car part onto it. Hosting a party, bringing a keg, or hosting a meal are some ideas. Helping other teams, or just being fun to be around. Shinanigans are also helpful. Drawing a penis on @bendawson3 truck is another option. It's a little like  the sportsmanship award, but more prestigous, and over time it should get larger as parts are added. And yes, sex on a car in the rain is a good start......

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Jim said:

So sparrow speed gets to figure out who to give it to at the next race. They have to weld a car part onto it. Hosting a party, bringing a keg, or hosting a meal are some ideas. Helping other teams, or just being fun to be around. Shinanigans are also helpful. Drawing a penis on @bendawson3 truck is another option. It's a little like  the sportsmanship award, but more prestigous, and over time it should get larger as parts are added. And yes, sex on a car in the rain is a good start......

So it's who brings the 'party' to the race.... I like that. 

• Like 1

Premature Accelerators Race Report 

VIR was new to all drivers, with that being said the weekend didn’t go as planned.

Saturday started off well, the first stint we were able to put down some solid laps until our driver went a little too deep into T13.  Unfortunately this resulted into making contact with the tire wall.  We had to be towed in but luckily was only primarily cosmetic damage. The second stint I went out and learned the track had some fun battling with a few different cars. The third stint our rental driver, whom typically races Spec miata had and interesting event as he got sick on track, the go pro footage of this is both disturbing and awesome at the same time. We were able to finish the race in a respectable mid pack after all of that fiasco. 

Sunday was a new day, well that was until 30 minutes into the first stint when we had a driveline issue and ended up having to pull the transmission and swap a clutch. Second stint was going well until we threw an alternator belt and almost overheated the engine, third stint was in the rain storm which made us decide we need to add wipers as the rainX only works so well.
The last stint we ended up throwing an alternator belt again due to losing the adjusterbolt the first time and having to temporarily fix the issue earlier.  This time however the battery ended up ballooning and smoking badly.

VIR you won this battle but we will be back next year and will be ready to battle again!

While there was quite a lot of offs this weekend the car to car contact seemed seemed to be minimal from my prospective!  Thanks again to some of the podium cars who were outright fast yet still very respectable to some of the slower cars on track

-Greg

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Z06LOL said:

The third stint our rental driver, whom typically races Spec miata had and interesting event as he got sick on track, the go pro footage of this is both disturbing and awesome at the same time. We were able to finish the race in a respectable mid pack after all of that fiasco. 

I think I can speak for many here when I say, please post this disturbing, awesome footage ;) .

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

25 minutes ago, vtjballeng said:

I think I can speak for many here when I say, please post this disturbing, awesome footage ;) .

Are you sure about that?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, morganf said:

Some bloopers from Saturday morning.

Slip N slide SC300:

@ 22:05  ... when can I get one of those sweet flag light systems?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, enginerd said:

They were testing them in some of the cars.  Required power, GPS antenna and  obviously LOS.   Saturday it had a few glitches but Sunday ours worked very well...no complaints at all! 

• Like 1

So, I guess Im going to post this since Ben seems to be still asleep after his drive home.    This was the final 7 or so minutes of our Saturday race which we took 4th overall.  Ben is driving and did a great job. Video starts with us in 5th, and has a last lap pass for 4th.   I felt there was some questionable driving by someone else but I will let you all decide that.   Also making an appearance was the 3rd place Acura who was attempting to lap us.   Enjoy!

Edited by Zauskycop
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, enginerd said:

We can let you do some testing at the next race we are at. We are currently working on some more custom hardware for a second round of testing.

43 minutes ago, Zauskycop said:

So, I guess Im going to post this since Ben seems to be still asleep after his drive home.    This was the final 7 or so minutes of our Saturday race which we took 4th overall.  Ben is driving and did a great job. Video starts with us in 5th, and has a last lap pass for 4th.   I felt there was some questionable driving by someone else but I will let you all decide that.   Also making an appearance was the 3rd place Acura who was attempting to lap us.   Enjoy!

Yea i'd say the Acura tried to pull a pit maneuver on that BMW and just took himself out instead...LOL

Edited by a914freak
wrong car type

Late brake, maybe a bit too late, and some front end wash out on the acura while still giving E46 a lane out there to use.  Combined with later braking by the E46 and a turn in to apex that would only work if another car wasn't close/along side.   Racing incident that happened because the other driver didn't do what the other driver was expecting/hoping they would do (stay in outside lane and allow 2-wide / brake more and back-out of the pass).   I had a run to have gone inside both there, chose to back out since I expected shenanigans based on previous 30+ min of watching the driving style.   That was one of many exciting things that happened towards the end of Saturday's race.

6 minutes ago, NigelStu said:

Late brake, maybe a bit too late, and some front end wash out on the acura while still giving E46 a lane out there to use.  Combined with later braking by the E46 and a turn in to apex that would only work if another car wasn't close/along side.   Racing incident that happened because the other driver didn't do what the other driver was expecting/hoping they would do (stay in outside lane and allow 2-wide / brake more and back-out of the pass).   I had a run to have gone inside both there, chose to back out since I expected shenanigans based on previous 30+ min of watching the driving style.   That was one of many exciting things that happened towards the end of Saturday's race.

Yea it's racing,  thankfully I was unable to race this weekend but from experience at VIR in the rain and in the dark during a 24hr event I found it's not worth going into turn one 2 wide that close to another car, to many times i've see drivers get loose there and if your on the outside you become the guard rail...If I cant get a nose on them right after the kink I just duck in behind.

7 hours ago, NigelStu said:

Shenanigans at the end of a champ race? :o

Never seen that before...

Great finish on Saturday, it was fun racing with you guys

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, vtjballeng said:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Wow Ben, Nice driving that last stint!

I dunno why the acura didnt just back out and watch yall, he had a lap on 4/5 and wasnt going to catch us.  I woulda just followed along and watched the show.

Looked like nice clean racing between you and 346 until he out-braked himself.

Congrats on the good show.

9 minutes ago, bendawson3 said:

it's so PINK!! Ewwww

Been there done that at the 24 one year head hurt so bad halfway through night stint puked my guts out , neva slacked up finished my stint  , we were in the top ten .  Thank the lord I had my head sock on and it was self contained so it made no mess in the car.  Thanks to my daughter , a nurse , that cleaned me and my suit up .

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Zauskycop said:

The poor Acura was probably in a trance from that blinking rain light.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2