2 minutes ago, morganf said:

Instructional Video-

How not to pass in turn 7:

At least it was a clean pass...

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

7 minutes ago, Ray Franck said:

Except in his shorts 

And the shorts of whoever was in that Integra!  They were either hyper alert or extremely lucky to not get cleaned out there.

• Like 2

I'd like to see video of a following car for the #346 last lap pass attempt into turn 1.  Not too different than the turn 7 pass there.  Similar outcome.  And one very alert driver (me) that saw the headlights flash through the side windows of the car that was being split and opted to stay on brakes and not turn in...   

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, NigelStu said:

I'd like to see video of a following car for the #346 last lap pass attempt into turn 1.  Not too different than the turn 7 pass there.  Similar outcome.  And one very alert driver (me) that saw the headlights flash through the side windows of the car that was being split and opted to stay on brakes and not turn in...   

shoot I was just watching race monitor at the end and getting excited.  I think I might have been talking out loud to the screen.     Good job!!

1 hour ago, NigelStu said:

Awesome watching you negotiate those last few laps. So smooth and direct. Great driving. That E36 looks so composed and has good power. 

Really nice seeing you guys down in my neck of the woods this weekend. You all are all class and I dig you. 

@jcrist might have some footage from the 346......

17 hours ago, enginerd said:

@ 22:05  ... when can I get one of those sweet flag light systems?

17 hours ago, Zauskycop said:

They were testing them in some of the cars.  Required power, GPS antenna and  obviously LOS.   Saturday it had a few glitches but Sunday ours worked very well...no complaints at all! 

17 hours ago, morganf said:

We can let you do some testing at the next race we are at. We are currently working on some more custom hardware for a second round of testing.

Thanks for the feedback @Zauskycop! We found an interference issue on Saturday and were doing some debugging work. We had a workaround by Sunday and will have corrections in the next iteration / alpha hardware we're working on now.

@enginerd, we're taking it extremely slow and steady on this project. We see so many companies pushing out to their customers what amounts to dev/alpha hardware & software and we want this correct & reliable out of the gates. Dev hardware testing now. Alpha hardware testing late winter to summer. Beta hardware testing late 2019 where we will open up the pool further and allow people to buy Beta units with greatly expanded track coverage. Final production hardware planned for 2020. Timelines subject to change. Exciting stuff as we often seeing flagging issues in foggy, rain soaked conditions like these as racers ourselves.

Edited by vtjballeng
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Turbo TATR had its issues this past weekend but ended up having a lot of fun despite our setbacks. 

Saturday we worked our way up to first place before I mis judged another cars speed in Hog pin and had to mash the brake after the car was loaded and tuned in.  The end result was looping it around and falling back to 4th.  We worked our way back up to second before missing the timing on the yellow red pit stop window that cost us 11 spots on track and a few laps. (Guess I need to buy a scanner)  We slowly pick off cars making our way up to 7th with some excellent driving by our second stint driver until we had to come into pits earlier than planned with a Fuel starvation issue 19 min before our planned stop. #turbolife  This put us in 14th and we were no more than on the track and a unnamed BMW decided to split the baby in the kink and lost it… The result was him getting a black flag and us out for the day.

Spending the next 3 hours and 59 min busting my you know what trying to get the car pieced back together I fired her up just before the checkers and could not get the driver in the car and on track quick enough to turn the last lap.  So we tested and prepped for Sunday am turning the boost down to try and save on fuel.

Sunday we started in 31st position and we quickly learned that the mismatched struts up front made the left hand corners very difficult in the rain.  Tripodding does not make very good grip. After a few laps learning the new handling characteristics  I made quick work of picking cars off to get us up to 5th before coming to the first pit stop.  I however made the mistake of passing under yellow on my in lap and the guy would not take it back. The result was a 2 min black flag for passing under yellow.    

#2 driver did his job going from 21st to 4th before the fuel starvation hit again.  He limped it for 7 laps dropping us to 5th.  At this point we were still a few min shy of being in our pit window so we sat on pit road engine off for 2 extra min to get us back on schedule so we did not have to make another 5 min stop later in the day.  We came out of pits in 13th.

Driver #3 was told to save fuel for 10 laps at the start and then he could go to town.  And go to town he did… 13th to 4th and no fuel starvation! (We got lucky with the heavy rain and all the code 35’s) 

Driver #4 Picked up where driver 3 left off and starting in 4th and catching 3rd until he ran into the back of a car with no brake lights and got black flagged… That hurt and put us back in 6th and half a lap behind 5th.  The driver calmed down and started to catch 5th.  The light rain that came and went really helped us catch the RWD 5th place car.  Coming to 6 to go he passes the 5th place car but not for long he comes back around in 6th.  At 1 to go they cross the stripe side by side and it is anyone’s guess who will be in front next time by as they are within a tenth of each other each lap in the semi dry track conditions. We end up about 3 car lengths ahead at the start finish line and take 5th place.  This also gives up First in class.

Great weekend to all and Everyone was very considerate on the track especially when it was raining.  I saw more drifting in one stint then you see at a drifting event.   

• Like 1

9 hours ago, snowman said:

And the shorts of whoever was in that Integra!  They were either hyper alert or extremely lucky to not get cleaned out there.

Our driver justin was in the car....car 484 white orange integra.....he does a good job of watching his mirrors.....and GOOD THING HE WAS!!!!!!!!

• Like 3

13 hours ago, morganf said:

Instructional Video-

How not to pass in turn 7:

Not sure if it's my imagination, but you really need to adjust that auto contrast on that camera (or get rid of the auto part)...that pic would be so nice if it wasn't dark and light, and dark and light.....

10 hours ago, Zauskycop said:

Not sure if it's my imagination, but you really need to adjust that auto contrast on that camera (or get rid of the auto part)...that pic would be so nice if it wasn't dark and light, and dark and light.....

You are right, we have tried a few settings, at night you couldn't see anything.

15 hours ago, hoopla14 said:

Our driver justin was in the car....car 484 white orange integra.....he does a good job of watching his mirrors.....and GOOD THING HE WAS!!!!!!!!

I woulda got creamed.  I'm pretty bad about mirrors, oops.  

ChampCar

"Don't mess up, because we probably have it on video and everyone is going to want to see it."

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I was very impressed by Huggins still finishing 2nd on Saturday after spending what seemed like way too long stuck at the tire barrier in Turn 3. I'm not sure why it took the tow truck, which is literally right beside it, so long to get there.

I guess the #246 car takes a penalty lap with the wing? Impressive weekend.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ross2004 said:

I was very impressed by Huggins still finishing 2nd on Saturday after spending what seemed like way too long stuck at the tire barrier in Turn 3. I'm not sure why it took the tow truck, which is literally right beside it, so long to get there.

We did have a penalty lap Sunday.

I can't speak to Saturday as I wasn't there. But I would guess they were worried about getting stuck too.

• Like 1

How many times did the tow truck need to get towed out of the muck?  I witnessed the daisy-chain twice in the few hours I spent watching racing from not the pit wall.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, ross2004 said:

5 hours ago, Wyatt said:

We did have a penalty lap Sunday.

I can't speak to Saturday as I wasn't there. But I would guess they were worried about getting stuck too.

Why the wing Sunday? Because this was @Huggy Saturday night.

Image result for i wanna go fast

Edited by vtjballeng
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Racer28173 said:

I can hear the driver now.  “What?  We aren’t running the full course?”

As the tow truck driver approaches the driver yells,

"Hey, this isn't the full course! I want a refund!"

We drug our accusump around for a few laps after the mount broke. Things almost got really exciting. 

006659B2-5D0B-4D34-A6F0-57091A89ECC1.jpeg

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

We had fun out there, despite some tough times over the weekend. I had fun racing whoever was driving for Danger Racing at the end of the day Saturday before we had to pit in for a driver change:

• Like 1