Newby looking to get into racing

Hi there, I've been wanting to get into some form of racing for a long time, since I was a kid to be exact. I was recently introduced to chump car racing and it's fascinating. Now that's off season, I believe a lot of people will be working on their racecar. I'm looking for a team local to Raleigh NC area to help around while the car is being worked on and  learning more about everything involved in this sport and all its shenanigans. 

Thanks in advance,

Devin

• Like 2

Haha,  +1 over here.  I am in the Raleigh area as well with currently no team.

I have been debating starting a team; however being a 1 man team seems to be pretty difficult in Champcar not to mention very pricey (I have went through quite a few spreadsheet renditions trying to get costs down but none really seemed feasible, especially if you want to be competitive). I think for the time being I am just going to keep attending races, lurking in the pits and offering to help where I can.

If you haven't attended a race yet I highly recommend it!  They are a ton of fun even for spectators.

-Tyler

• Technical Advisory Committee

Yep,  would be happy to help you get started however you decide to go.  I’m near RDU airport, you can come hangout if you like or we can meet somewhere and talk about racing.

pm me your digits if your interested.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Huggy said:

Yep,  would be happy to help you get started however you decide to go.  I’m near RDU airport, you can come hangout if you like or we can meet somewhere and talk about racing.

pm me your digits if your interested.

I’ll meet up and talk beer and racing with you