Old Guy Steve

Ordering the New Number Panels

21 minutes ago, Alchemy Autosport said:

Just out of curiosity, why so much restriction on decals?  Hell, NASCAR allows more freedom in numbers and decals than Champ does now.  I am not bitching, as I truly dont care but it just seems like its a lot of hassle to be so specific.  Who cares which direction the hood/roof number is pointing?  What if it looks better with my sponsorship livery a little different but still looks fine?  Why create ANOTHER thing you have to check for on race days?

I am not saying I wont do it or that we shouldnt, just wondering

It's just cuz Bill's in charge of it, (that's all Mike could trust him to do without messing it up too bad.)

Plus, we all know how anal Bill is, and just like his signature line says, he's a DIC.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, Bill Strong said:

Thank you. still, a few things to do. and finish 5 more races. Just got the track config for willow springs today from Dana, so will be putting that track on.
Most likely the "Premier" events will look like the Indy version, or different. we will see what I can come up with.

Track config? There aren't really any options with Big Willow, so does that mean CC is running Streets?

After waiting along with everyone else for what seemed like an eternity, less than 25 hours after press release, the first batch of orders are at the post office/shipper of choice.  Enjoy and we look forward to this year!

Justin

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Alchemy Autosport said:

Just out of curiosity, why so much restriction on decals?  Hell, NASCAR allows more freedom in numbers and decals than Champ does now.  I am not bitching, as I truly dont care but it just seems like its a lot of hassle to be so specific.  Who cares which direction the hood/roof number is pointing?  What if it looks better with my sponsorship livery a little different but still looks fine?  Why create ANOTHER thing you have to check for on race days?

1 hour ago, JDChristianson said:

^^You'd think it would be easy right?    What, leave it up to peoples best judgement?  How many times in the course of your day do you say, "wow people sure have good judgement and common sense?   

seriously. 
we told people where to put the decals the past year. we even made it easy making the sponsor decals one big decal. But we still found them cutting them out and sticking them everywhere except within the spot the instructions said.
I even had people come up to me and say that tech told them they could put them anywhere. 
well... no more. :)

When the sponsors come up to me on Tuesday after the race and say, hey, I saw all your pictures and video, I love the spot they had my decals... I can feel good that I am not getting yelled at like last year when they find out that half the field did not display the decals properly or did not have them on the car.
I love those emails.. Hey Bill, dod you have pictures from last weeks event of cars on the track I can use for social media? I go to get them and everyone one of them is missing a decal, even the cars that I KNOW I handed them one to put on the car. 

That's why.

And NASCAR is pretty strict. Teams have to get their themes approved before they are printed on the wrap. And they have a very specific location for every since required decal.

• Like 2

Fellow racers, we have run into a bit of a snag with the good old US Postal service.  As you can see Tyler's statement below, the orders listed below were dropped off on the 23rd, but lets just say it appears USPS had some issues that day.  If they don't provide us with confirmation at the end of business today, we will reprint and ship.  We are also going to be at Road Atlanta in Feb if anyone prefers we bring an order with us.  Sorry for the delay, but I assure you the guys have wasted countless hours on hold and visiting the post office this week.

Justin

They went out on the afternoon of the 23rd. I talked to the Post Office I originally dropped the orders of on Monday and they told me that another office had to borrow the device to scan in the packages. The packages left the original post office that afternoon to the Sandston distribution center where they should have been scanned in. They never were. I called the corporate number and started a claim. They called me back this morning and told me that they were going to check with the Sandston facility. If I don’t hear anything by this afternoon I will reprint the orders tonight and get them out tomorrow. 

Thanks,

Tyler

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

20 hours ago, Schultz said:

Fellow racers, we have run into a bit of a snag with the good old US Postal service.  As you can see Tyler's statement below, the orders listed below were dropped off on the 23rd, but lets just say it appears USPS had some issues that day.  If they don't provide us with confirmation at the end of business today, we will reprint and ship.  We are also going to be at Road Atlanta in Feb if anyone prefers we bring an order with us.  Sorry for the delay, but I assure you the guys have wasted countless hours on hold and visiting the post office this week.

They went out on the afternoon of the 23rd. I talked to the Post Office I originally dropped the orders of on Monday and they told me that another office had to borrow the device to scan in the packages. The packages left the original post office that afternoon to the Sandston distribution center where they should have been scanned in. They never were. I called the corporate number and started a claim. They called me back this morning and told me that they were going to check with the Sandston facility. If I don’t hear anything by this afternoon I will reprint the orders tonight and get them out tomorrow. 

Thanks,

Tyler

I have order 1969, Cars get loaded in the trailer this weekend. Would really like to put them on before we get there!

Update, all of the orders except the ones below were located yesterday.  The post office was going to continue the search yesterday evening and we have not been able to chat with them yet this morning.  We'll be there Friday for the test day at RA so worse case scenario, we can install yours for you the5.  Thanks again for everyones patience. 

41 minutes ago, lockonautosport said:

NOOB question here, is there a list of numbers that are taken somewhere??

Check with Mike at michael.chisek@champcar.org. He should have a pretty good list of what has been taken, # wise...

9 hours ago, Schultz said:

Update, all of the orders except the ones below were located yesterday.  The post office was going to continue the search yesterday evening and we have not been able to chat with them yet this morning.  We'll be there Friday for the test day at RA so worse case scenario, we can install yours for you the5.  Thanks again for everyones patience. 

Thanks, I had wanted to cut the decals out for the Sponsor panel before the race but hopefully the car works fine on Friday so that we can get it done.

We reprinted and mailed the remaining orders not yet located by the USPS yesterday.  Hopefully they do a better job this time.

See ya'll at RA.

Remember to follow the instructions that are in the BCCR and the pack of decals RVA sent you. 
They will be inspected at tech, and you will not pass tech if the decals are applied to the wrong areas of the cars. If you have questions you can email me at media@champcar.org. I am still waiting to get my DIC email address.

I might have missed something here...

Are teams required to pre-order decals and number plates?

Or will they be available at the track as they always have been?

Im working on my car, not staying glue to the ChampCar forums, so I’m hoping we aren’t missing something.

You can get them at the track. but you have to supply the numbers. Best to preorder and install in the nice warm and clean confines of your garage/shop.

And you have to have them on the car to pass tech.

@Bill Strong I cant wait for Champ Tech to not allow someone on track due to improper sticker installation to see if you do, or do not, get shanked behind the garages friday evening...  

May the odds be ever in your favor!  😅

• Haha 1

On 1/18/2019 at 1:34 PM, Alchemy Autosport said:

Restriction on decals ?   Just maybe the sponsors dictated the space they wanted.    NASCAR, IMSA absolutely does not allow ANY freedom.  If you really don't care why bitch ?     Follow the rules and no one will have a problem.  When someone is giving you money, you do what they want.  Pretty simple.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DEE DEE said:

Restriction on decals ?   Just maybe the sponsors dictated the space they wanted.    NASCAR, IMSA absolutely does not allow ANY freedom.  If you really don't care why bitch ?     Follow the rules and no one will have a problem.  When someone is giving you money, you do what they want.  Pretty simple.

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Did the rear bumper number sticker come with a "Money Shift Racing" logo as a sponsor deal or did we get the wrong sticker with our correct number on it?

need to make your own numbers? 
Buy some vinyl, print the pages on letter sized paper, do not shrink to fit, (abuse your work laser printer) use these templates with an Exacto knife.  peal and stick. 

It is always best to buy them pre-printed. But if you can't and get them at the track, then here are some templates

ChampCar_Numbers_2019_0-9.pdf

• Like 1

I received my number panels, windshield decal, rear number, and sponsor panels today.  I am wondering if it is appropriate to remove the Maxxis decal (don't see them on Sponsor web page).  Proud to be using many of our sponsors products on our car-not to mention the gazillions of dollars I have spent at Tire Rack!! Awesome to have them on board as our Title Sponsor.

Doing my "stop the rain" dance in preparation for Sonoma but double-checking out the defroster and wiper functions on the car to test my current theory (If you don't have it, you will need it. If you DO have it, you WON'T).  It's been a soggy several weeks in California.

@Voodoo Child Yes. You can remove the Maxxis decals as they are no longer a sponsor. As @Bill Strong sez 'you get your fenders back'. See the appendix in the 2019 BCCR for proper decal application. It's also in the supps as well.... 

can't have BOD members not complying, yo

Edited by FlorahDorah
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Voodoo Child said:

I received my number panels, windshield decal, rear number, and sponsor panels today.  I am wondering if it is appropriate to remove the Maxxis decal (don't see them on Sponsor web page).  Proud to be using many of our sponsors products on our car-not to mention the gazillions of dollars I have spent at Tire Rack!! Awesome to have them on board as our Title Sponsor.

Doing my "stop the rain" dance in preparation for Sonoma but double-checking out the defroster and wiper functions on the car to test my current theory (If you don't have it, you will need it. If you DO have it, you WON'T).  It's been a soggy several weeks in California.

maxxis decals no longer required on the car for ChampCar.

rain is good. That gives Doc something to talk about, basically how green the joint looks.! :)

• Like 2

On 1/14/2019 at 6:06 PM, Bill Strong said:

Of the 100 cars on the track. Only 1 hit me at Sebring. 
My teammate., lol

At VIR, it was an e30.
So that's a given.

Payback for Road Atlanta is a bitch.  Just sayin haha

• Haha 1